Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 27-04-2004, 12:18 PM   #21
Omuletzu
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via MSN to Omuletzu Send a message via Yahoo to Omuletzu

I apologised for that once but if needed i will do so again...I don't know why the message appeared two times.I only clicked once the "submit" button.

Again i'm sorry ops: ops: ops:
Omuletzu is offline                         Send a private message to Omuletzu
Old 13-05-2004, 05:02 PM   #22
Dream
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via MSN to Dream

Thank you costa, picard, and whoever is working on this site update's, Civ 2 is one of my favourite games, I played sequels, I played the first one but never this, I played Free civ so I was pretty sceptical (Freeciv sucks!) but now I love this game.

So a question for you: Are partisans ever useful?
Dream is offline                         Send a private message to Dream
Old 14-05-2004, 07:58 AM   #23
The Niles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Partizans can be usefull. They can stop reinforcements from entering the city you just lost and they can also be used to soften up the defence of a city you are ready to retake. But don't keep them around after you have retaken the city since they are not as good as regular units.
Rabyd Rev -- 2 Timothy 2:15
The Niles is offline                         Send a private message to The Niles
Old 09-07-2004, 09:32 AM   #24
LotharGR
Super Freak

Civ2 must be the most popular game on the site :P
LotharGR is offline                         Send a private message to LotharGR
Old 09-07-2004, 09:44 AM   #25
Titan
Gnome

Send a message via ICQ to Titan Send a message via MSN to Titan Send a message via Skype™ to Titan

Actualy, it's NOT..... yet atleast...
1. UFO - Enemy Unknown
2. SimCity 2000
3. Settlers 2 Gold
4. Civilization 2 <-

This is the top DOWNLOADS... but civ2 is growing the fastest, and WILL outrun nr 2 and 3..
But.. UFO has a HUGE lead on the others..
Old 18-09-2004, 05:00 PM   #26
Lord Grave

Does this Gold version of Civilization 2 include the Scenarios expansion? There are some great scenarios at www.apolyton.net but the best of them require the expansion. If it is not included in the Gold version, does anyone know where it may be found for download?

Also, does anyone know where Test of Time and Call to Power may be found? For those who don't know, those two games are versions of Civilization that appeared just after Microprose went bankrupt(or whatever happened to them). Test of Time is graphically improved Civ2 but also features Fantasy and SF games in which you can lead different fantasy and SF civilizations, each with their own unique units and buildings. Fantasy version is great because it also has some minor quests, like freeing the princess from the dragon, and instead of building a spaceship you are building a giant siege engine to destroy the "evil guy". Call to Power has slightly better graphics than Test of Time and features improved combat and trade/piracy system and also has great scenarios with special events when you conquer certain cities or explore certain areas. I'd really like to play those games again but I lost/damaged my old CDs :-(

Old 22-09-2004, 05:14 AM   #27
Eagle of Fire

Civilization II is only a pale copy of it's predecessor... Civ III is much better, tough a slight notch under Civilization. What is great in Civ III is not the concept or the gameplay, but all those interesting options added in that Civ II lacked and made it a very boring game. Take whatever you like about Civ II, and Civ III have it. And it has it better, and probably have more overall than Civ II.

Anyways, about the movies; they are great the first few times, but after that they are really bothersome. I don't understand why someone would want to see them all the time, really...

Old 12-11-2004, 03:37 PM   #28
Rogue
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Civ2 is really best in the series. Still remember long wait to get my copy, start to play it and then watch movies which were amazing at the time. There is a lot of stuff (scenarios, mods…) to load on CivFanatics web site. Worth checking it out, and this makes this game immortal. k:

Should we add this link to the review and download section?
Rogue is offline                         Send a private message to Rogue
Old 12-11-2004, 03:59 PM   #29
Yamcha
Home Sweet Abandonia

Civilization 2 is the reason why i know abandonia.Civfanatics have made some patch to make a multiolayer version of civ2(or to update) but this wasn't working so I found here Civ 2.A great game k:
Old 12-11-2004, 04:32 PM   #30
Rogue
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I used these pathes to make TOT in to Civ2 Gold. (I had all other civilizations except Civ2 gold)
Rogue is offline                         Send a private message to Rogue