Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old Suggestions
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 14-08-2009, 11:01 AM   #1
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre
Default Strange site behavior

I didn't know, whether it is site problem, my firewall or my Russian provider, but problem exist: I cannot access directly address www.abandonia.com. Also, of course, I cannot login, view news, etc. It is simply "empty" page, without anything, for me.

But it is relate to pure .com page only. If I try www.abandonia.org, it redirects to .com, and site magically appears! Then there is no problems with forum, reviews or anything - except main page. I can even login, but page "http://www.abandonia.com/node?destination=node" not displays too (but press "back" and select any link from previous "redirected" page made me registered user .

What it could mean?

---update---
It could be something with raw IP. It says, when I try to ping it, that it is 81.201.210.46. But no ping. Also if I trying to use this IP in browser, it leads to http://www.studentis.com/ ! (And last one work without problems). My provider's DNS?

Last edited by Smiling Spectre; 14-08-2009 at 11:31 AM.
Smiling Spectre is offline                         Send a private message to Smiling Spectre
Old 14-08-2009, 01:13 PM   #2
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre View Post
Also if I trying to use this IP in browser, it leads to http://www.studentis.com/ !
Studentis Group is the company who presently owns Abandonia. The site is hosted on their server, which is why the IP leads to their site.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 15-08-2009, 03:38 AM   #3
BentleyVA
Abandonia nerd

Was ist das mit Deutsch?
BentleyVA is offline                         Send a private message to BentleyVA
Old 15-08-2009, 07:11 PM   #4
Kugerfang
_r.u.s.s. changed it :'(

Deutsch? Wat? Der Kommisar get uhm?

-Terry Pratchett
Kugerfang is offline                         Send a private message to Kugerfang
Old 16-08-2009, 08:21 AM   #5
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
Studentis Group is the company who presently owns Abandonia.
Oh. Then it must be my system in such case. How strange. Well, I'll try to check my firewall...
Smiling Spectre is offline                         Send a private message to Smiling Spectre