Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forgotten Games Bureau > Abandonia Case Files
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 28-01-2013, 09:25 AM   #1
legioner

Default [PrincessCasey] Populous 3: The beginning

Hello,
I just registered.

I played this game between 1997-2000 on a Win 98 machine
I had it on a CD from a magazine and it was a demo.

About the game:

It looked like the planet earth (a sphere) and you could spin it around. Behind it was a blue sky. The planet has water and earth (well obiously).

The map/earth was not very large. The buildings were tall and pointy. I don't remember much about the people but there were shamans. With the shamans you could rise the earth from underneath the water, to create crossings, quick sands that had small bamboos inside and the enemy citizens often just walked and died (that lasted for a short period of time), you could create meteor rain, earthquakes and hurricanes to destroy the enemy and their houses.

the game was taking place in the past.Nothing contemporary except the houses that looked like they came out from an animation horror movie (not sure)

Your point of view is not far from the map.

The name of the file was something like dworld.exe
I recently found the game through google images on a foreign website but I did not save it I tried to search for it now, but Google changed their image policy and the image nor the website appear anymore.

I hope that you will be able to help me find it.
legioner is offline                         Send a private message to legioner
Old 28-01-2013, 10:52 AM   #2
PrincessCasey

This sounds somewhat like Populous: the Beginning to me, although I'm not sure if it is you might enjoy it all the same

http://www.mobygames.com/game/window...-the-beginning

Last edited by PrincessCasey; 28-01-2013 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Added link
PrincessCasey is offline                         Send a private message to PrincessCasey
Old 28-01-2013, 04:12 PM   #3
legioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessCasey View Post
This sounds somewhat like Populous: the Beginning to me, although I'm not sure if it is you might enjoy it all the same

http://www.mobygames.com/game/window...-the-beginning
That's the one Thanks! It's Populous 3: The beginning.

I know that it's hard to explain it to other people so I am giving the link to a Youtube video of the game. I hope that the moderators are not going to destroy me for that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b82wzUJhM24

Last edited by legioner; 28-01-2013 at 04:17 PM.
Old 28-01-2013, 07:46 PM   #4
PrincessCasey

Truth be told, I've never actually played it, but I had a friend who owned it, maybe if I had I would have recognised some of the spells you mentioned Thanks for the video! It looks a lot of fun!

You might also be interested in this: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/.../project-godus

Last edited by PrincessCasey; 28-01-2013 at 07:55 PM.
PrincessCasey is offline                         Send a private message to PrincessCasey
Old 29-01-2013, 01:26 PM   #5
hunvagy
Thread Necromancer

Send a message via MSN to hunvagy

All 3 Populous games are available on Good Old Games for a modes price
Old 08-02-2013, 02:42 AM   #6
legioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessCasey View Post
Truth be told, I've never actually played it, but I had a friend who owned it, maybe if I had I would have recognised some of the spells you mentioned Thanks for the video! It looks a lot of fun!

You might also be interested in this: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/.../project-godus

The game is in fact very fun. I did not remember much aout it except that I was destroying the demo a for months (who knew you could have so much fun with a half assed game )

Now when I downloaded it, it seems even more fun. I am a handicapped in terms of strategy games, but this one is very addicting and itnresting.

I checked the link of the game and it seems pretty itneresting.

I know about another game that has gods Black and White, but I've seen only videos about it.

Thanks! I never thought that I would get any answers with my limtied description. Abandonia YOU ARE AWESOME!!!