Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forum Games
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 31-07-2011, 06:27 PM   #21
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

As long as you dont go under the minimum you can get from the dice roll, I allow to move points as much as you like.
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 01-08-2011, 07:48 AM   #22
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

What's the point to even roll then? Just roll once to know how many points you have total and place them where ever you like...
Old 01-08-2011, 11:45 AM   #23
Pex
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChosen View Post
Our plan was to play on Skype.
I guess me being in different time zone to most of the people wouldn't help then...

But that's ok, at this stage I wouldn't be able to commit myself to it anyway.
Old 01-08-2011, 12:09 PM   #24
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle of Fire View Post
What's the point to even roll then? Just roll once to know how many points you have total and place them where ever you like...
Probably to prevent powergaming a bit. Like what if I stuck everything but bare minimum of my points into Power, Intelligence and Education at the expense of everything else?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 01-08-2011, 08:29 PM   #25
Jironobou
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via Skype™ to Jironobou

Well... This is what I came up with (I edited the original Char Sheet in Paint)

Character Background: Jonas Walter was born in Germany, went to the University of Hamburg, and came out of it with degrees in Cartography (his dream) and Medicine (For the sake being a German Doctor). He had a dream to take his education to America. However, when he got there, he learned firsthand of the racism in America, and how no one would want to hire a German Mapmaker, so he was forced to live on the streets of Boston, he has a box to call home. he doesn't remember how long he has been living on the streets... he just knows that it's his home.

Character Sheet

(If there's anything you want me to add or take away, I can)

I've been infected with Backloggery-itis
Jironobou is offline                         Send a private message to Jironobou
Old 01-08-2011, 08:54 PM   #26
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Quote:
Probably to prevent powergaming a bit. Like what if I stuck everything but bare minimum of my points into Power, Intelligence and Education at the expense of everything else?
That's exactly my point though... What stop you from doing just that right now?
Old 01-08-2011, 10:09 PM   #27
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jironobou View Post

Character Background: Jonas Walter was born in Germany, went to the University of Hamburg, and came out of it with degrees in Cartography (his dream) and Medicine (For the sake being a German Doctor). He had a dream to take his education to America. However, when he got there, he learned firsthand of the racism in America, and how no one would want to hire a German Mapmaker, so he was forced to live on the streets of Boston, he has a box to call home. he doesn't remember how long he has been living on the streets... he just knows that it's his home.

Character Sheet

Yes, so far so good. You havent distributed your skill points yet. I'l also allow you to have 85 points of Read/write German, considering his origins. He will be fluent in both German and English (like you've already marked on your sheet).

You will have no real income or any savings. And your damage bonus will be +1D4.
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 01-08-2011, 10:10 PM   #28
Japo
Autonomous human

@Jironobou, IIRC the base ratings for each skill (between brackets--sometimes dependent on attributes) are ADDed to what you distribute into them; sometimes you seem to have put nothing, but in some cases what you write is below the base, as if you had put negative points. And you should leave the checkboxes besides the skills blank, they're supposed to be marked with pencil whenever you get experience (a chance to raise) in that skill, and erased back when experience is rolled. Also if your character is German and studied in Germany, he gets 10 into speaking German not English, and his EDUx5 into reading German too. And I guess you'd need to put something into both speaking and reading English.

EDIT: Hadn't seen TC's post.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:58 AM   #29
Professor Oak
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jironobou View Post

Character Sheet

Character has no age listed.
Professor Oak is offline                         Send a private message to Professor Oak
Old 02-08-2011, 08:30 PM   #30
Jironobou
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via Skype™ to Jironobou

Thank's Chosen

Revisified Char Sheet

Also Oak, I originally intended his age to be unknown, even to him, hence the last sentence in his background (I added an estimation anyways)

I've been infected with Backloggery-itis

Last edited by Jironobou; 02-08-2011 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Revised the Revision
Jironobou is offline                         Send a private message to Jironobou