Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-11-2005, 09:13 AM   #91
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by Kings Quest Woo@Nov 4 2005, 09:19 AM
I didn't know if it was abandonware or not. I mean we're discussing it on on a site called abandonia that has abandonware. I didn't know I'd get so much flack from just saying that I wanted the game again.
Listen, have you even looked at my previous post? I put in the buy links for both games.

About finding out which game it is: have you checked whether you recognise the screenshots of the title screens at Mobygames?
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 04-11-2005, 09:20 AM   #92
Timpsi
Hero Gamer

An easy way to differentiate them is that Doom 2 is the one with the double-barreled shotgun.

Then again, it doesn't really matter, as they're both essentially the same game.
Old 04-11-2005, 10:53 AM   #93
Gamefreak

Quote:
Originally posted by little fish@Nov 4 2005, 12:34 AM
you don´t need to be so unplesent, she only try to help...She must be respect, she helps a lot, the people with ideas to solve problems.. :not_ok:
I'm sorry, but I didn't mean A.J. Raffles with my post

Old 05-11-2005, 06:49 AM   #94
Kings Quest Woo

Wink

A. J. Raffles,Nov 4 2005, 10:13 AM][quote]
About finding out which game it is: have you checked whether you recognise the screenshots of the title screens at Mobygames?

Yes I did and thanks for passing on the information. k:
Kings Quest Woo is offline                         Send a private message to Kings Quest Woo
Old 05-11-2005, 06:59 AM   #95
MdaG
Abandonia Homie

Send a message via ICQ to MdaG Send a message via AIM to MdaG Send a message via MSN to MdaG Send a message via Yahoo to MdaG

Quote:
Originally posted by punch999@Nov 3 2005, 06:59 PM
It is ILLEGAL PEOPLE GET IT INTO YOUR SMALL BRAINS!!!!!!!!!
So are ALL GAMES ON THIS SITE !!!!
MdaG is offline                         Send a private message to MdaG
Old 05-11-2005, 09:48 AM   #96
xoopx
Hero Gamer

you can understand how some people get confused about whats acceptable on abandonia and what isnt. the moral arguments are best left to the philosophers.

basically the short answer is if its not for download, you're not going to get it from us, or info of how to get it, so dont ask.

xoopx is offline                         Send a private message to xoopx
Old 05-11-2005, 11:06 AM   #97
Gamefreak

Well, why, the info where to get it by buying is freely shared here

Old 06-11-2005, 09:08 AM   #98
Rorschach
Forum hobbit

Better late than never, let me jump to the defense of what is, IMHO, the cornerstone of the shooters!

There were some pleople arguing that Doom II didn't hold its own against games like Quake, Dark Forces and Hexen, but those were all games made AFTER Doom II, so it's doubly unfair argument: a) you can't compare games from different (even if close) times without keeping in mind the advancing resources available to the later games; more importantly, those were all games which FOLLOWED Doom II's wake and the standard it created, which wouldn't have existed without it.

I'm not saying that Doom II (or even I) is the grandfather of all FPS (that title rightfully goes to Wolfenstein 3D), but it's definitely the game that set it as a distinct game genre; all others just expanded (with greater or lesser contributions) on the subject. If memory doesn't fail me, before the term "first person shooter" became common currency, I remember seeing games as Quake and Dark Forces described as "Doom-style games" and such.

My point is, it's like saying the Beatles sucked because they rock music was simplistic and bubble-gum if compared to the complex melodies of 70's progressive rock or 80's metal: The Beatles were not the creators of rock n' roll, but like them or not, rock as we know it, past and present, would not exist was it not for them, the later rock bands owe their existence to them! So it's a matter of giving credit where credit is due, and not just dissing earlier developments simply because they didn't pack as many resources as later ones which, I can't stress that enough, have grown out of the earlier ones!

PS: Won't someone PLEASE direct me to the Final Doom WADs (TNT and Plutonia) as I was asking in my post on the previous page? :whistle:
Rorschach is offline                         Send a private message to Rorschach
Old 06-11-2005, 09:20 AM   #99
Rorschach
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Guest@Oct 30 2005, 01:51 AM
HI i have one question:

Please hear: "Waiting For Romero To Play" midi music from doom 2.
What metal band play the same song ? I KNOW that some band have
identical song - but* i forgot the name

maybe slayer or pantera ? PLEASE HELP ME !
I checked it out just now, that's definitelly Pantera, "This Love" (from Vulgar Display of Power Album, early 90s). Thought it's not 100% the same music, it's "strongly based" on it to say the least. I remember recognizing it back when I the game was new and I listened to a lot of Pantera.

At any rate, it's certainly not Black Sabbath's namesake song, I was replaying it in my head and can't find the slightest resemblance to it.

Btw, were all those songs present it the game, or where they released separately as extras or something? I played Doom II perhaps a dozen times (it's like freecell to me :evil: ), and I can't seem to remember some of those, like "Message to the Archvile" which, with the proper sound textures filling up the beats, turns out to be great synthpop!
Rorschach is offline                         Send a private message to Rorschach
Old 08-11-2005, 02:02 PM   #100
tariqalikhan
Lurker

ok
tariqalikhan is offline                         Send a private message to tariqalikhan