Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 29-06-2005, 11:37 PM   #11
Doc Adrian
Game Wizzard

Vodka and Cranberry...I used to Like Screwdrivers but had to give up orange juice. I will give up Orange juice but will not give up my Vodka!

Beerwise I like Killians it helps me sleep.
Doc Adrian is offline                         Send a private message to Doc Adrian
Old 30-06-2005, 12:30 AM   #12
ReamusLQ
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Titan@Jun 29 2005, 04:33 PM
Indignus IV: you are 14. You REALY don't belong in this topic.

Malibu is basicly all i drink... should be served ice-cold.
I'm a teen too. yay for being 17. But I do enjoy certain drinks...the virgin version of course. Favorites being:

Virgin Margerita (Lime, and Pear)
Virgin Pinacolada
Virgin Martini (olive in a glass w00t!)
Virgin Bloody Mary
Virgin Dacqueries
Virgin Screwdrivers (I like Orange Juice :whistle: )

I think that's about it...
ReamusLQ is offline                         Send a private message to ReamusLQ
Old 30-06-2005, 01:47 AM   #13
taikara
Abandonia Homie

I like drinking beer. All kinds of beer. Other than American beer, which I'm not sure can be technically categorized as real beer... :whistle:

Beer is good, and does not have the unfortunate side effects of making a person feel like junk afterwards.

I dislike most liquor for that reason.

And wine just tastes... pretty nasty to me.

But, if I am going for liquor, I'll usually go for a Jaegermeister, ice cold, sometimes with Redbull. Or a shot or two of tequila.

But I rarely go for liquor. I don't like being drunk, and it's often too hard to gauge it when you're drinking liquor.

Beer is the best.

And my absolute least favorite is Scotch. It tastes like... rubbing alcohol with a hint of tree bark. And it seems there is no amount of cola that can make that nastiness go away.
taikara is offline                         Send a private message to taikara
Old 30-06-2005, 01:48 AM   #14
moogle
Abandonia Homie

Wine, ah!!
moogle is offline                         Send a private message to moogle
Old 30-06-2005, 02:04 AM   #15
Triton

Though I am not quite 21, I have tried some small amounts of different drinks (at different times), and I've found I dislike beer. I don't mind wine, brandy is alright, and cognac is ok, but frankly I'd rather have soda or juice.

There can't be anything good coming from drinking so much that you actually become drunk. It is one of the stupidest pastimes anyone can have, along with smoking and drugs.

The only person whom I have seen drunk that didn't act like a complete fool was my uncle, and only then would he talk about the Vietnam War.

However, in the words of the late, great Redd Foxx: "Beer when it's near, brandy when it's handy."

Old 30-06-2005, 08:58 AM   #16
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

You just can't beat a good Duvel as a beer.

For wines it depends, I usually dislike the big names (they all taste like cork to me) I prefer the little countrywines, the kind you got served while travelling through a pastoral piece of earth, untouched by everything. A nice fruity wine, a not so serious wine, a lighthearted joyous, festive wine. Wines shouldn't be drunk as just a drink alone, a wine is like an ingredient in a meal, and thus the meal itself is of utmost importance, too.
My suggestion is: take a good Boeuf Bourguignon with a nice rosé, a red wine is usually recommended with Boeuf Bourguignon but you run the risk of getting a strong red wine which negates the potpourri of tastes from the Boeuf Bourguignon. A rosé is often more subtle, elegant, tastefull yet not intrusive.

A nice white dessert wine is excellent for the dessert., the dessert itself can be either a nice cheese dish composed of some fresh goatcheese, a good piece of brie and other regional specialities. Of coarse if you are feeling frolicsome a nice cr?pe filled with a nice soft cheese with some blueberries and raisins. However ,if you do find yourself out in the country, I strongly suggest the cheese dish, since it is often served with some fresh warm bread, in some parts of Belgium and France this bread is often covered in sunflower seeds, which doesn't only taste good and goes excellent with the wine, but is also healthy.
Old 30-06-2005, 10:01 AM   #17
MdaG
Abandonia Homie

Send a message via ICQ to MdaG Send a message via AIM to MdaG Send a message via MSN to MdaG Send a message via Yahoo to MdaG

Single malt whisky from Scotland... *yum*
MdaG is offline                         Send a private message to MdaG
Old 30-06-2005, 10:11 AM   #18
Flop
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by Triton@Jun 30 2005, 04:04 AM
There can't be anything good coming from drinking so much that you actually become drunk. It is one of the stupidest pastimes anyone can have, along with smoking and drugs.
I agree with the drugs and the smoking (although I'm a smoker myself), but I think getting drunk has it's place. Of course, there is a difference between getting drunk and getting absolutely pissed, and it's usually a good idea to try to control it a bit, lest bad things happen.

@all you Americans who can't drink till you're 21: Come to Denmark. Here you're allowed to drink when you're 15.
Flop is offline                         Send a private message to Flop
Old 30-06-2005, 10:15 AM   #19
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Flop@Jun 30 2005, 11:11 AM

@all you Americans who can't drink till you're 21: Come to Denmark. Here you're allowed to drink when you're 15.
You can drink even sooner here.
Old 30-06-2005, 10:22 AM   #20
Havell
Home Sweet Abandonia

5 (five) here :bleh:

(that's at home, then 14 to drink in restaurants and 18 to drink in bars and buying booze from shops)
Havell is offline                         Send a private message to Havell