Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-08-2006, 04:39 AM   #11
RituroErganesti
Forum hobbit

Cool

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eagle of Fire @ Aug 2 2006, 03:41 AM) [snapback]246389[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Wow... You just made my day!

I played the shareware version of this game a loooooooong time ago... And never found it anywhere else![/b]
Seconded. :brain:
RituroErganesti is offline                         Send a private message to RituroErganesti
Old 07-08-2006, 10:31 PM   #12
Goodguy3
Abandonia nerd

errm...how do i attack? do i just move into an enemy? it seems that way, but can someone confirm it?
Old 08-08-2006, 10:32 AM   #13
Maramil
Forum hobbit

One word: Nice.
Maramil is offline                         Send a private message to Maramil
Old 08-08-2006, 11:15 AM   #14
GrimFang4
Forum hobbit

Send a message via ICQ to GrimFang4

As for controls, you can press asterisk '*' to open the first player's menu and then press 'k' to set up your keys. They're already assigned before doing this in case you just don't want to mess with it. All the documentation is included in the game's zip file (README.TXT). You can attack by moving into an enemy or by pressing 'Insert'/'NumPad 0' (default).
Old 13-08-2006, 06:24 AM   #15
Thaluikhain

I remember this game...I'd always get hammered, though, as everyone tends to wander off on their own and blunder into the enemy...is that supposed to ahppen?
Thaluikhain is offline                         Send a private message to Thaluikhain
Old 15-08-2006, 04:30 PM   #16
Teris Cartung

Yeah, this game is amazing, and also very under-rated. Get a couple of friends to join in, and this game is a blast.
To attack, press numpad 0 (or reconfigure the controls - get to the options menu by pressing asterisk, then press K to set the controls). You might be able to melee attack by running into enemies, but most classes have projectile attacks.
The AI does seem a bit weak, and your allies do seem to wander off quite frequently, especially mages, who have a bad habit of teleporting randomly. Usually though, they don't get into too much trouble - if they run into enemies they can usually handle themselves.
It seems like a good strategy to opt for a few high level characters, as opposed to lots of lower level characters - you might even want to go solo with one extremely high level character.

Old 18-10-2006, 04:53 PM   #17
nate

Could this be upgraded to version k? The ghost scare bug makes it difficult to play through.

Old 18-10-2006, 06:36 PM   #18

The review mentions barbarian boulder hurl which is not available in j, the version up for download. I tried to find my copy but all I had on my 486 was J
just like on here.

Old 27-10-2006, 09:09 PM   #19
zori

nice! i have been looking for this game ever since my faithfull 486 decided to explode & take all my godlike good 'ol games with it to the otherworld and if i did understand corretly this is full version as i had some demo version back in the days if i remember correctly o.O
zori is offline                         Send a private message to zori
Old 12-11-2006, 08:33 AM   #20
Tom Ricket

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(zori @ Oct 27 2006, 09:09 PM) [snapback]263911[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
nice! i have been looking for this game ever since my faithfull 486 decided to explode & take all my godlike good 'ol games with it to the otherworld and if i did understand corretly this is full version as i had some demo version back in the days if i remember correctly o.O
[/b]
Hiya, folks! Glad to hear y'all enjoyed the game (even with sometimes stupid AI) -- we had a blast making it, and played lots of hours of 4-player version.

I think I have the "K" version on my system somewhere, and I'll upload it once I'm back at my main machine; I'd be happy to get the most recent version up for you.

--Tom