Capo
Unconventional member

Try a solo run in Pillars of Eternity!

Capo is offline                         Send a private message to Capo
Old 25-03-2018, 08:27 AM   #252
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I don't have 50$ fora game I never even heared of.
Old 25-03-2018, 03:10 PM   #253
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Baldur's Gate: solo Wizard Slayer

For Watcher's Keep Level 2: bring with you Mazzy's sword. Its prevention of stun works miracle against the snake in the poison room (also consider using a prot from poison scroll), and its prevention of slow is useful in the ice room.

As I can't beat the Chromatic Demon the way I want to, but neither criples me beyond belief if I hold progress here, I move.
Also, as the Stronghold don't provide anything invaluable, and I'm just done with Event 6/8, I'm moving from this too.
Onto the rescue!

The demogorgon statue: ANY summon is good here, so no reason why bring anything else than Ras.

Silver Dragon: I hate this thing. First cast prot from cold and hardiness. Start the battle - you'll be wingpushed away. It can do this whenever feels like.
Has a #&@ attack dealing massive damage (anything between 50-150). When it does it AND wings you away, heal by potions. When going back try summoning Ras, so that'll take the heat next time. Whirlwind it to oblivion.

Stuff you can use, but not supposed to:
- Rod of Resurrection is applicable (has use in a ToB quest). Although you might consider it not magical, but divine.
- Gauntlets of Crushing: you're not a monk, but still.

To defeat the Chromatic Demon:
-assemble the Crom Faeyr
- no need to be proficient with it
- wait until changes to shambling mound form
- have Ras summoned as diversion
- release demon
- profit.
This is how the Chromatic Demon works:
- every time it changes form gets full heal
- it is probably 100% resistant to any elemental damage except its current weakness
- it has 90% resistance to any physical damage type (you can only hurt 1-2 HP per hit)
- it has 0% resistance against current weakness.
Staff of Striking does NOT work here.

Areas you likely won't visit (no gain for pain):
- beholder city
- illithid city
- tavern duels of Ust Natha
- the imprisonment machine of the Underdark
- lvl 5-6 of Watcher's Keep (I got maximum exp even before fighting the Chrmoatic Demon)

Bhaal's Tears:
- Wrath: wisdom and charisma has no use for you
- Greed: sure, Blackrazor is nice - only problem it did not work in the original game, thus not even worth considering
- Pride: you don't need exp anymore
- Fear: immunity is better.
- Selfishness: this is the tricky one. If you play hardcore, thus refuse to touch magic, then go for magic resist. If you are ok with abusing design errors, avoid it like plague and go for the AC. Why? The amulet gives 10% magic resist.With the natural MR of Wizardslayer, plus 5% from Lum's Machine you get 99% natural MR.
If youare ok abusing exploits, don't forget to wear magic boots, magic helmets, and the Claw of Kazgaroth,as well as Gauntlets of Crushing!

The bad side of longsword prophiciency:
- while there are a lot of long swords, and with useful abilities, they also don't realy go above +2 enchantment, what is problematic, given how many things demand +3 stuff to be hit (not to mention even stronger optional things)
- there is no negative plain protectin (leveldrain immunity) from swords, which given we're talking mainly about wizard slayer is a hugh problem. Sure, there's Angurvadal, but that's ATSENDAI'S LAIR, which point you passed EVERY SINGLE leveldraining monster I assume. Who designed this shite?

For ToB:
- I pocketsleep more then I used to with other chars, but who cares?
- in case you're frustreted tohave 99% MR just wear Enkidu's Plate. It is a -2 AC plate with 5% MR, way cooler for many characters than the overhyped Ice Dragon Plate.
- I did not have the WIS this time, so had to kill Spectator (beholder). Fortunately he's returned in ToB either way.
- couldn't bother going for the BMU first, so did Sendai w/o it. The Slave Passage caused some problems, which I solved by releasing at the first 1/3rd Ras, and Spectral Brand at 2/3rd to hold up the crowd.
- oh, and you don'teven have to bother with the Deck of Many Things, as you'll likely wield Angurvadal after its upgrade, which pumps your STR to 22, which means 24 STR with Evil Wrath Tear.

I'm yet to find a belt WS could wear, a second ring,and a cloak. Otherwise lazy coding über alles I think. I put allinfo on available equipment here.

Personal story:
- Ogremoch somehow activated some trap (remember, I play WS, which don't lay traps) and got banished by it?
- somehow True Sendai managed to hold EVERYTHING (including its summons), so died at the 2nd whirlwind. Easiest victory ever.
- I dunno 'bout u, but for me Draconis was a giant middle finger. Here is all I could figure out:
a) cast prot from acid beforehand
b) stand outward,so its transformation-wing-buff will push you to semi-safety
c) as it is primaly a caster (who don't realy care about the miscast debuf, neither the thac0-debuff from Answerer) use the Grandmaster armor for speed (or just use Boots of Speed abusing the coding)
d) cast mirror image afterthe transformation pushed you
e) he somehw can onehit Ras, but not Spectral Brand
f) don't bother with the stalkers (if you're immun to +1/0)
g) use Rod of Reversal when it appears first time,or it managed to recast stone skin or such (check the battle log constantly)
h) when it is close, use whirlwind
i) when it runs away (innate ability invisibility) do NOT runafter,as it'll remain invisible. Instead drink a megapotion.
j) hope for the best.

Last edited by twillight; 27-03-2018 at 05:10 PM.
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight
Old 27-03-2018, 09:03 AM   #254
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by twillight View Post
I don't have 50$ fora game I never even heared of.
It's Kickstarter game from the famous Obsidian (yes, authors of BG1-2, Planescape and Fallout 2). Check on Steam for their games.

Speaking about that, SteamDB clearly shown that game is $30 (without DLC though) and can be bought for $15 on sale.
Old 27-03-2018, 05:50 PM   #255
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capo (not Japo nor Paco) View Post
Try a solo run in Pillars of Eternity!

Capo (not Japo nor Paco ) had already mentioned this game previously, in this same thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capo (not Japo nor Paco) View Post
Do Pillars of eternity solo
Well, we could assume twillight is not so hungary for that kind of game...
Old 27-03-2018, 06:15 PM   #256
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

With ALL dlc (aka. the complete game, not some demowith missing features and half the story) costs at the moment 43.47$ without pesky steam-connection to ruin your life consuming all memory of your computer and infesting your life with advertisement on GoG.

I'll finish my other stuff before investing that much. And trust me, I have tons of stuff on my head.

At least I know I'mlearning from all this bullshit Baldur's Gate playthroughs. like the difference between power, preparation and tactics. Barbarian, bard and wizardslayer respectively.

Talking about this, WS made more progress:
- Abazigal is another middle finger. It don't have spammable "there goes 50%+ of your HP" breath attack, but instead it is immun to Answerer, always hasted, AND immun to Flail of Ages' slowing effect.
For preparation cast prot from lightning, hardiness, mirror image, and when transforms hit it with rod of reversal. Still a gambling, but whatever.
Oh, I failed to mention, the blasted dragon's fearbypasses the magic resist, so there. Get the dragonslayer sword offhand for this.

At Balthazar have to mention, I prefer sequenced programming instead of this "if Creature X rolls random and spamms the I Kill Button zounds then you are dead no matterwhat" crap.

The Ravager... Ye, I suspectif it spams its wingpuff, which it has despite not a dragon, you're as good as dead.
Either way, your best chance is to hop into BMU, summon the earth elemental, the air elemental, 3 fire elemental, cast mirror image, hardiness, enter, and as soonas start cast whirlwind to get close asasp and start whacking.
When you start to run out of summons (which only function is to hold back the mordekainen swords) pull out Ras. Somehow this encounter eats Spectral Brand like it had Hp, so don't try that. This means leaving out a whirwind, but whatever.

This leaves Melisandr only. And I did this the hardcore way: no cloak, no belt, no rings (despite you could), no amulets (despite you could), no magical boots (like the nonmagical would do something, lol), no magical helmets, no magical shields.
Although for maxium fun, I'd recomend putting up all magical equipments. It is a trying, but fun kit. OK, most of the time it is weak as a kitten,and you have to rely a lot of metaknowledge and experience, but hey, I DID find this a fun experience.
WS deinifitely sux though. And that's a fact.

Oh, and in case for some strange reason you wanna identify the Sword of Gram, you CAN'T get out through the maingate. But you can leave the area sideways, go to another place, come back, get into the medical facility, and identify it there.
Just so you know.

PS: technicaly WS solo shouldn't be able to do the game. Because in Abazigal's Lair must use Breath Potion. Which is a magicalpotion, what the WS can't use. Fortunately it is enough to have it in the inventory.

Last edited by twillight; 27-03-2018 at 07:34 PM.
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight
Old 01-04-2018, 09:19 AM   #257
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Broken Sword 1

Better than the 2nd one.
It has a massive playtime, and the puzzles are practicaly always logical.

Too bad the remastered adition did not sharpen the contours of the characters (the background was fine all along), and not made lipsink on the speech-windows.

The biggest flow is though, that as the story goes along, the puzzles/the next action becomes more and more... Just Because We Can, and not integrate, logical move comiing from the story.
Like when at the cathedral, the hints literaly say "yes, the story brought you here, but you should be elsewhere Because Plot Convenience".
Then again at the cathedral when there's the clow-juggler-joungler you obviously have to getdown the sewers. I mean obviously, because there's the serwer lid, and there's literaly no other option else to do anything in the game. But otherwise there's no narrative reason to do it.

The peak of frustration though came in the mausoleum. There's an open window, and a large stick. Obvious thing to do: close the window with the stick.
But the program does not allow this until you futily try to lighten the candle in the room, which obviously gets blowned by the air coming through the open window. I knew that fuckhead. Why did you now allow me to do my stuff, he?
Old 02-04-2018, 07:59 AM   #258
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Baldur's Gate Solo Fallen Ranger Beastmaster (1)

I have no life, and this is totaly something none ever did, so F you, this is my contribution to humanity.

In Candlekeep summoned familiar.Can't fall there anyway, as if attacking anyone the whole place turn hostile (including Gorion to start with).

Right after leaving Candlekeep there's a guy who will not jump. Killed him.
Then there's a bartender/merchant-fattso - also killed him. The reputation fell to 5, just enough to be fallen. This is independent from starting reputation, so just go for pseudodragon (miniwyvern by the look of it) instead the puny fairy dragon (they're totaly the same except FD has worse stats).

E of Candlkeep, S of Friendly Inn, Friendly Inn cleared.

Death: Silke (blast her lightning bolt)

Done areas: S of Beregost, N of Nashkel, NW of Nashkel, Nashkel, High Hedge (the two flesh golem delt with - they are hostile before talking with the mage).
Finaly my reputation reached average - only for this technical reason gender is male.
Primaly using quarterstaff +1.

Danger: flesh golems

When felt ready to go to the Bashkel Mines already done mostof the areas. Sadly made no exact notes, but here are the places not visited yet:
- Larswood/Peldwale (related to Bandit Camp), Anything directlynorth from Durlag's Tower (and the tower itself), the Archeological Dig
Last visited the Firewine Bridge. Before that went to Ulgoth Beard, but skipped fighting ankeghs. AC realy bad you know. Just had to follow the seashore. Bought there staff +3, cloak of eyedamage. At least I'm popular now.
Used a mindshield potion when gaining the CON-Tome, and an Oil of Speed when in the area protecting that cow. Also a scroll of prot from undead to clear the Nashkel Mines exit (makes life easier).
Because of low CHA got no Boots of the North, neither prot from magic scroll and reputation when finding the dead cat.

Last edited by twillight; 02-04-2018 at 07:35 PM.
Old 02-04-2018, 03:45 PM   #259
Capo
Unconventional member

Nice avatar

Capo is offline                         Send a private message to Capo
Old 02-04-2018, 05:02 PM   #260
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by twillight View Post
I have no life, and this is totaly something none ever did, so F you, this is my contribution to humanity.

In Candlekeep summoned familiar.Can't fall there anyway, as if attacking anyone the whole place turn hostile (including Gorion to start with).

Right after leaving Candlekeep there's a guy who will not jump. Killed him.
Then there's a bartender/merchant-fattso - also killed him. The reputation fell to 5, just enough to be fallen. This is independent from starting reputation, so just go for pseudodragon (miniwyvern by the look of it) instead the puny fairy dragon (they're totaly the same except FD has worse stats).

E of Candlkeep, S of Friendly Inn, Friendly Inn cleared.

Death: Silke (blast her lightning bolt)

Done areas: S of Beregost, N of Nashkel, NW of Nashkel, Nashkel, High Hedge (the two flesh golem delt with - they are hostile before talking with the mage).
Finaly my reputation reached average - only for this technical reason gender is male.
Primaly using quarterstaff +1.

Danger: flesh golems

Norway! If I were not digitally reading the stats of the character, I would swear she would be female and not male!

In the beginning, when I saw the avatar, I was getting digitally hungary, but now, with that great disappointment, I am really in spain...

Well, at least there is a person, you know who, who would not be disappointed, because that Maiden loves to change (switch) the gender of users... Why is it?

Last edited by Mystvan; 05-04-2018 at 12:24 AM. Reason: Ugh! Not genres but gender! :facepalm:
Mystvan is offline                         Send a private message to Mystvan