Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 03-11-2005, 03:10 PM   #341
Maerryji

To Gamefreak: Do you prefer walking through the game over and over again with no changes? I see no sence in such a time-wasting so I try to find something new, solve the puzzles etc. When there left no secrets I could solve in-game I began using HET (save-files aren't packed so it's easy to work with them) and it helped a lot.

It also turned out that all the "construction waste" was not completely removed from the game and you can access it with HET. Now what I do is like treasure-hunting. For me it's much more interesting than playing itself, maybe because I'm not fond of being only a consumer.

Old 03-11-2005, 04:28 PM   #342
Maerryji

Here is the summed up data on killing Scotia. (Some were provided by Undertaker and Mateej, some were discovered by me).

The common way to kill Scotia is to combine the Ruby of Truth and the Shard of Truth and apply it while she is shapeshifting. Then you have to deal with her true form only. If you just kill her two primary battleforms she turns into nightmare creature which is immune to almost everything. Most of the players would tell you that now you're dead, but it is not correct.

First, note that there are three ways to deliver a damage to whoever you fight with.
You may do it
a) using the westwood stick;
b) throwing a weapon or armor (not the rocks) into your enemy; or
c) using sabre "Cutter", sabre "Gutter", axe "Slitter", or axe "Splitter" by Baccata.
It doesn't seem that you can defeat Scotia's last form these ways (she has more than million hit points for sure), but you may kill her while she is shapeshifting. That doesn't cause a victory yet, but there's a way to use this, too...

So let's suppose you already have the Whole Truth and westwood stick. You also may need the Dark Gauntlet or Hand of Fate spell and enough amount of mana and health (level up a bit if you aren't sure). Make sure you have not killed all the "toads" at the upper floor of Cimmeria (two of them hide within the walls and won't attack you if you didn't touch the buttons, so you can easily spare them).

Pushing Scotia across her domain with Hand of Fate/Dark Gauntlet you can break one of the walls. So you can always get out if she is alive, no matter what appearence she has. Do so and find any of the toads. You may see that it's not a toad anymore, but the main point is that it glows with blue like Scotia when she begins to shapeshift. (The only in-game reason for this I can see is that Scotia uses Mask to move to her guardian's body).

So you can apply the Whole Truth now. This creature becomes Scotia, and so does true Scotia behind you. You need to kill any of them to win.
If you killed true Scotia while she was shapeshifting you also can find the fake one and destroy it (don't forget to use the Whole Truth before or it will just die).

Old 03-11-2005, 06:42 PM   #343
Reanimator

Oh, no!!! My userpic is declassified!
Reanimator is offline                         Send a private message to Reanimator
Old 03-11-2005, 08:22 PM   #344
Maerryji

Quote:
Originally posted by Reanimator@Nov 3 2005, 03:39 PM
... my favourite char is Kieran.
His blows are weak but frequent and accurate.* :Titan:

Oh, I forgot. Every time you make lucky blow it deals 1000 damage if your opponent has no more than 25% HP.
So he becomes the best warrior since you find westwood stick. But before this he's pathetic.

Is it about that rapier, "Coup de Grace"? Merciful weapon, indeed! *laughs*

Old 03-11-2005, 09:37 PM   #345
Undertaker
Super Freak

Could you tell us how to get that weapon bij HET?
Undertaker is offline                         Send a private message to Undertaker
Old 04-11-2005, 05:07 AM   #346
Maerryji

Quote:
Originally posted by Undertaker+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Undertaker)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Did you know you can reset the monster spawning time by saving and reloading? A cheap way to get past difficult area's! :max:
[/b]
It seems that timer for health and mana restoration works the same way, so you can improve your regeneration... if you won't be bored after first 3 HP.
<!--QuoteBegin-Undertaker

The spawn time continues while you're reading a note...
[/quote]This is very useful. Thank you!

Old 04-11-2005, 05:42 AM   #347
Maerryji

Reminder: the nightmare difficulty level was discovered.
To set it make sure that you have the default game settings:
Music:on Sound:on Monsters are:normal Smooth scrolling:on Floating cursor:off
and save the game. Now open it with hex-editor, find the symbol 1B at position 00000253 (disk version) or 0000025E (CD version), and replace it with 3B. Load the game and check the game controls. If you see the
Monsters are:Main menu
setting you're in the nightmare now. To get back just click the button.

This is more brief and accurate version of the algorithm than the previous one.

Old 04-11-2005, 12:59 PM   #348
Undertaker
Super Freak

What I do is the following:

Set the game to Normal and save. Immediately (and I mean immediately) go back in the Main Menu, change to Ferocious and save on a new slot. Now open a hexeditor and compare the scores. This way you can find the values as well!
Undertaker is offline                         Send a private message to Undertaker
Old 04-11-2005, 04:59 PM   #349
Gamefreak

The problem with that is - to search for a change in values in the savegame, you have to search through the entire savegame, and then the second savegame as well, which is a heck of a work. You can compare the two savegames with a Dos command though:
fc /b filename1 filename2
Be sure to be in a Dos prompt (Start - Run - cmd.exe), otherwise the window will close once the command is executed and you can't see the results of the comparison.

Old 04-11-2005, 05:22 PM   #350
Undertaker
Super Freak

No, you don't have to, because the needed values are always close to the one's Maerryji has said!