Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 01-11-2005, 06:46 PM   #331
Maerryji

To Sebatianos: My apologizes if I was too harsh.

Sorry for the offtopic caused by my posts.

Back to the topic: Great maul "Armageddon", axe "Splitter", and long sword "Life taker" (maybe some more items, too) are indeed mentioned at www.ethereallore.com.
But do you know any way (in-game or cheating-based) to find them?
By the way there are many clear mistakes in those manuals. For example Shard of Truth and Ruby of Truth are claimed to add 5 defense points which doesn't seem to be right.

Old 02-11-2005, 08:39 PM   #332
Undertaker
Super Freak

Hmm, I'm not really an expert in hex-editing. I wouldn't know how to find these items, either...

But how did you create that list of unknown items (with the Talba Ring, Vortex Scroll etc.)? Wouldn't that help us out?

I've tried the Vortex spell with a trainer, and I've noticed the extreme low MP usage for this spell; level 1 needs 3 MP and level 4 needs 24 MP; I guess this spell was either meant to be the basic spell, or was to be found even before the Freeze spell. Or maybe the Freeze spell replaces the Vortex spell; that does make sense to me: First Vortex was made up, but then they needed the use of Freeze in the Swamps, so they ditched Vortex.

Hey, I was wondering what your opinion is about these subjects:

- Best main character
Mine is Michael, because he deals HUGE physichal and magical damage and advances so fast in the Fighter and Mage levels. A little bit of alghorithm:
Michael + Spark = Death to all.

- Favorite main character (nostalgy wise !)
Ak'shel!

- Best/worst offensive spell
Best: Spark, for it's low MP cost, decent damage even near end-game and it's incredible long range (one square further than Fireball!).
Worst: Lightning; quite high MP cost, so-so damage. What Lightning does, Spark does better, aside from not multitargeting monsters. Freeze would have been worse, but it serves somewhat use in the Draracle's Caves for groups of spiders, as it's your only multitarget spell at the time. I'm also not too fond about Hand of Fate; you need to cast at least level 3 to do any damage (somehow, levels 1 & 2 are the same and 2 uses more MP!) but it has it's use in the White Tower, even though I would advise against using it here (better not rest a lot and move QUICK ).

- Best item to duplicate
I still am not sure about this. My guess would be the Aegis Plate Mail, even though you would have to come back from Castle Cimmeria lv. 3. :tai:
Weapons aren't really that useful, since you can either have two or three weapons (depends on which race you helped in the Dungeons) with weapon factor 60, and two with 56 anyway. I'm not even counting the Crossbows now. Another good choice would be the Jade Neckless or maybe even Crossbow Eternity (BEST long ranged weapon, imho). People who use items could also choose to duplicate the Death Wand.

Share me your opinions!
Undertaker is offline                         Send a private message to Undertaker
Old 02-11-2005, 09:51 PM   #333

I got Vortex spell by HET once but it does nothing, don't it? Vortex scroll just causes game crash when you try to read it.

It's really hard to explain how to produce items for those who don't have hex-code hacking or programming experience. It's harder than the things I have described before so it would be out of forum format. If you need this for fan-game project I can try to describe this (think it would be easier for me than for Reanimator) and send you by e-mail.

The best main character is Baccata and that makes Ak'shel best support one. I dislike dumbs so prefer Conrad rather than Michael (85 or 90 damage by Spark:IV isn't a big difference). I know you can get mage level or two for Michael before Draracle's caves but the first one is so boring... so it's easier to do it in Upper Opinwood, using fireball wand (one wand easily makes him level 3 mage). Conrad can have 3rd with a half before he leaves Manor.

Spark is a good spell to fight unless your enemy has other vulnerabilities.
Mist of Doom is nice, especially for Ak'shel with his 180MP at 5th level.
Fireball and Freeze are good only against vulnerable enemies.
Lightning and Hand of Fate are almost useless, but the worst one is Caustic Fog!
But: Before you can use Mist of Doom at Tower level 3, the best spell to level up is surely Fireball:II-IV against hornets. And Freeze lets you gain 6-12k silver to buy fireball wands.

Item to duplicate? Hm... Westwood stick? Zephyr ring if we would find a way to get it? Great axe "Master" if you wish westwood stick but are too lazy to gain 5th rogue level?

Old 02-11-2005, 09:55 PM   #334
Maerryji

It was me... damn it.

Some information to avoid senceless postings:
Amount of experience needed for levels 2-10 is:
500, 1500, 5000, 25000, 50000, 80000, 120000, 180000, and 270000.

Old 03-11-2005, 08:32 AM   #335
Undertaker
Super Freak

Hehe. That's not fair! "The best main character is Baccata". With a main characters, I mean the guys which you can choose at the start of the game!
Ak'shel is really good at the 'hard' places in the Lands; he's the best healer, since the healing amount is not dependend on anything and he has the most MP.
Conrad does get the first mage level faster, but Michael get's the second one faster. In the end, it only matters 4 MP, so therefore I do not consider Conrad a better mage than Michael.

About the experience points: are the values cumulative? I mean, do you need to gain 500 experience points for level 2 and another 1000 for level 3? Or do you need 1500?

I believe throwing stuff nets you about 1 exp.; you mentioned that an item in the start of the game is non-throwable, right? Well, if you keep picking it up and throw it really fast, you can get to Rogue level 3 (or even 4 if you got to much time) in 15 minutes time! Useful if you are having problems and want some easy extra HP.

I know Vortex doesn't do anything, but I was considering why it has ever existed!

I don't really like spells with high MP cost, since you need to rest so long and monsters get generated while you rest.
Did you know you can reset the monster spawning time by saving and reloading? A cheap way to get past difficult area's!
Undertaker is offline                         Send a private message to Undertaker
Old 03-11-2005, 08:52 AM   #336
Maerryji

I meant that Baccata becomes the best character since you get him. He's much better fighter than Michael. So I prefer Ak'shel as long as he's surely the best at the first game levels and later he supports Baccata with his magic well.
Yes, Michael's magic is 6% more powerful than Conrad's, but he is dumb! He-he.

Experience: You need 500, then 1000, then 3500 etc. Throwing an item or shooting gives you 2 rogue experience points, I use that oftenly (yes, nonthrowable items are preferable). By the way, if you are doing it at Northland forest you can also practice magic when new boars appear.

About respawning monsters - yes, it looks like this, but I would not use it anyway. I prefer to level up a bit more than it's needed and always be prepared.

Old 03-11-2005, 10:56 AM   #337
Undertaker
Super Freak

It appears as though the boars need twice the spawn time as other monsters. Too bad, because you can really use some early level-ups.

The spawn time continues while you're reading a note, so you can read the Writ of Passage and so something else for five minutes. Then you can beat up the boar and read again. Of course, this aplies for other area's as well.
Old 03-11-2005, 12:41 PM   #338
Gamefreak

That's not playing the game anymore, that's pulling the sinews out of the game because there's nothing better to do anymore. At that stage you could instead play some other game, there you will at least have some fun

Old 03-11-2005, 01:16 PM   #339
Undertaker
Super Freak

No, it's not. First of all, if we post tricks here it doesn't mean we're actually do it, or at least not often. Secondly, the game is HARD, even for us die-hard fans. Especially with the new nightmare mode, anything is welcome. lastly, of course saving and reloading to reset spawn time would be cheating, but we're gathering knowlegde for the fan project as well.

And I play plenty of other games, don't worry about that. I don't play this game that often anymore, since, indeed, most of it is known already. But with all this new information I hear, I just got to check it out!
Old 03-11-2005, 02:39 PM   #340
Reanimator

I don't know who is the best but my favourite char is Kieran. He fights as fast as monsters. His blows are weak but frequent and accurate. :Titan:

My favourite spell is Mist of Doom but I think the most usable is Spark. I cast it even in Cimmeria.

I usually duplicate Rapier ''Coup D' Grace''. I also triplicate and tetraplicate it.:bleh:

Oh, I forgot. Every time you make lucky blow it deals 1000 damage if your opponent has no more than 25% HP.

Reanimator is offline                         Send a private message to Reanimator