Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forgotten Games Bureau
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 11-01-2013, 11:56 AM   #1
jex

Question a man hanging and falling down from platforms

I forgot the name of it, but I played the hell out of this game when I was in about first grade (around 1993), so my memory is a little fuzzy. It was either on DOS or Apple II. I remember it came on a huge black floppy disk, so probably apple, right?

Anyway, it was like an upside down frogger game:
-the man hung from moving platforms that scrolled horizontally across the screen.

-you pressed the button to have him let go of the platforms. As he fell, he could grab onto other platforms lower down using the same button.

-there were enemies flying in the spaces between platforms that would kill you on contact.

-I think (but am not sure) that you had to get him to land in certain areas on the ground, just like Frogger had to jump into certain areas.

-so the man started at the top of the screen and fell down to the bottom of the screen, where he had to land safely in certain areas.

-I think the screen wrapped around too, so if you held onto a platform that went off screen left, you would reappear on screen right.

-there was a timer during gameplay too.

The color palette was pretty basic. I remember blocky images (8-bit for sure), and your basic colors for all objects and enemies: blue, green, pink, orange, red.

I think the man had blue for pants and green for a shirt, but my memory could be "filling in the blanks" incorrectly. I don't remember any facial features. I think it was just a blocky guy.

I have been trying to find this game for a loooong time. It would be awesome if anyone could name it for me. I would love to play it (or at least see it) again.
Thanks!
jex is offline                         Send a private message to jex
Old 11-01-2013, 12:48 PM   #2
Zoid1337

Oh damn. I think I know your game. My father played it in the past. But sadly I don't remember the name.
I can try and ask him, if he's remembering it. But don't expect to much of it. :/
Zoid1337 is offline                         Send a private message to Zoid1337
Old 11-01-2013, 02:46 PM   #3
Scatty
Treasure hunter

This is probably not the game you're searching, but was the one you're looking for any similar in graphics and type to the one in the link? It kinda does ring the bell in me, too.
Jumpman

Edit: also look through this list, maybe the game you're looking for is among them.

Last edited by Scatty; 11-01-2013 at 02:57 PM.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 12-01-2013, 12:50 PM   #4
jex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoid1337 View Post
Oh damn. I think I know your game. My father played it in the past. But sadly I don't remember the name.
I can try and ask him, if he's remembering it. But don't expect to much of it. :/
Yes, please ask him. That would be great.
Old 12-01-2013, 12:52 PM   #5
jex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatty View Post
This is probably not the game you're searching, but was the one you're looking for any similar in graphics and type to the one in the link? It kinda does ring the bell in me, too.
Jumpman

Edit: also look through this list, maybe the game you're looking for is among them.
Nope, it's not Jumpman. I also thought it might be that game a while back, because I vaguely remember the word "man" being in the title of the game, and jumpman sounded like it to me, but sadly no.

The game I'm thinking of had no jumping or running. It was all about dangling from platforms and letting go.

But thanks for the try. I really appreciate any help like this.