Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 10-10-2010, 10:14 PM   #11
Batmanifestdestiny
Game freak

I used to play Runescape like an addict. Like in seventh grade.

Now that I'm a senior in highschool, I look back on those days and think "how did I ever have fun with that game?" It's just like Farmville (rightclick a goblin to kill it, repeat for two hours until you level up) but with more 13375|>3@|< and people wanting to cyber. If I wanted to flirt with "girls" that are really guys, I'd go on Omegle.
Batmanifestdestiny is offline                         Send a private message to Batmanifestdestiny
Old 11-10-2010, 02:24 AM   #12
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

I tried out Runescape..once. Got blocked into a room by a bot demanding money, couldn't force him to move, tried reporting him (I don't remember if I did, or couldn't find a way to do it.), and logged out. Five hours later and he was still there blocking me and a couple other people, I logged out again and never went back.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 19-10-2010, 12:34 PM   #13
Vatx

Send a message via MSN to Vatx Send a message via Skype™ to Vatx

Ah, Runescape i remember i was playing it for some time, but it just got REALLY, REALLY boring, and game is full of noobs, sadly.
Old 23-10-2010, 10:27 AM   #14
Oskatat
Game freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatty View Post
There've been no bots for more than 2 years already since they did an update which prevented farming for shop bots. Same with the macroers, didn't see any since long time anymore, except for those insta-spammers in areas with lots of people.

There's a small neat option called Quick Chat which instantly tells anyone what level in a skill you have, relying directly on the current value of that skill. It has also been implemented already long, long time ago and everyone trusts what the Quick Chat says about your skill.

You sure you know the game well you're bashing so eagerly? There're not only bad points about it.
i must admit to not playing for about a year and giving my main account away. but thats been less than a year ago i think, and woodcutters with the name mnhkalserh were still common. And oh about that option in quickchat... I'm not saying people couldnt find out, i was saying they didnt bother, most of the time. Anyway, keeping in mind that bot software evolves faster than software preventing it, since there are more people working on it...... well, sweet dreams. I may start anew just to see how things are now, but i got the feeling it will still have bots, macroers, scammers and such, in normal quatities. Depends where you look for them

also, as you may not have noticed, ive played this game on and off for years, nearly a decade. I was there before the new graphics... etc etc... i remember the looks of the old goblin warren, if only in nightmares. anyway, please tell us what advantages free players have
Oskatat is offline                         Send a private message to Oskatat
Old 23-10-2010, 04:48 PM   #15
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oskatat View Post
anyway, please tell us what advantages free players have
Over members, none, if that's what you asked. Runescape is admittedly not as great lately as year or two ago due to many of the new updates, therefore I'm not playing it anymore to the extent I did once. I've also being playing it for roughly 3 years so I've seen quite a few changes there. Still it has it's fun sides if not directly setting high standards and comparing it to some other MMORPG's.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 25-10-2010, 02:42 PM   #16
angry axe
O for Awesome

I remember when i started out playing it, had a magical feeling about it, then again i was 10
"war has changed. its no longer about nations ideologies or ethnicity, its an endless series of proxy battles fought by mercenaries and machines. War, and its consumption of life - has become a well oiled machine" - Solid Snake
angry axe is offline                         Send a private message to angry axe
Old 31-10-2010, 04:59 PM   #17
Kugerfang
_r.u.s.s. changed it :'(

Ah, Runescape. I signed up for it when I was about 13. I spent a grand total of about 5 minutes figuring out how to get out of the starting area. After that, I logged out and never came back.

-Terry Pratchett
Kugerfang is offline                         Send a private message to Kugerfang
Old 01-11-2010, 10:49 AM   #18
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kugerfang View Post
Ah, Runescape. I signed up for it when I was about 13. I spent a grand total of about 5 minutes figuring out how to get out of the starting area. After that, I logged out and never came back.
Tsk tsk, that's the way to do it. You got to play through the introduction island to learn about skills and fighting, after which only you're free to do whatever you like.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 02-11-2010, 04:11 AM   #19
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatty View Post
Tsk tsk, that's the way to do it. You got to play through the introduction island to learn about skills and fighting, after which only you're free to do whatever you like.
like turning it off