Old 23-04-2005, 03:41 PM   #121
omg
Games Master

i used to love greenday back in 95
omg is offline                         Send a private message to omg
Old 23-04-2005, 04:34 PM   #122
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

Don't you mean megadeth. I don't think it hass the last A in it.

Beck? What are you thinking? Skinnyman... ummm.... argh....

I agree with o.m.g , I used to really like Green Day, but then they got very poppy. That's a shame, they used to be a respectable punk band.

Anyone else heard of Airut, or is it just me?
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 23-04-2005, 04:44 PM   #123
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

Greenday has been getting a lot of attention with their latest album, and a lot of negative praise, but I'm glad to see them as one of the few bands in the industry today, that actually do their own work and such and don't let them be controlled by their label.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 23-04-2005, 05:00 PM   #124
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

I don't think so. I think that their last album was a load of scheisse to put it bluntly. I think that they gave into their label in that almost all of their songs are the same young-adolescent pleasing crap the FightStar are turning out.

A lot more bands do their own work than people would lead you to believe. Fine, there are exceptions, Britney Spears et al, but they are in the minority. The only reason bands like that exist is because people know that the stars are good-looking enough to sell singles to men who may find them attractive and that the producers for their songs are very skilled or at least know how to make a catchy record.

People who 'sell out' aren't uncool fools, they just know that the real profits don't come in music, but in the various spin-offs that music entails.

The Neptunes or NERD as some might call them for example make almost all of their money from producing other people's records. They are a good band, but they know that the real money doesn't lie in making number one singles, it comes in producing fifty of them a year.

Think about it, in the UK, the average number of singles sold to get a number one is something in the region of two hundred thousand units. Singles like that are recorded for about five days. The Neptunes make them at around one hundred thousand pounds a day. That's five hundred thousand pounds for one single, times that by fifty, they make a quarter of a billion a year.

On the other hand, Britney Spears takes thirty percent of her singles sales money. At four pounds per single, she earns about two hundred thousand from that single. After one week it loses all of its popularity due to the people buying her songs mostly being shallow. She makes, realistically, around a quarter of a million pounds per single (about five hundred thousand dollars).

She would need to release one thousand singles a year that all magically became number ones to make as money per year as Pharell Williams.

Sorry for the long post, also don't flame me.
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 23-04-2005, 11:27 PM   #125
drumminfreek
Game freak

Thumbs down

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:
I just listen to it cuz i like it.....
i dont care about there sales or what any1 else thinks.....
i dont care if they sell because of the *teenieboppin* freeks out there i just like em...

*teeniebopper--someone who listens to or pretends to like a band to either show off or just because they think that the band is attractive.
drumminfreek is offline                         Send a private message to drumminfreek
Old 24-04-2005, 01:22 AM   #126
omg
Games Master

relax dude, if u had listned to them from 95 or before you wouldent be hearing anything u avnt heard 20 times before, however if you like them now an u a lil younger an so not had them played to death around you then you cool. no one ever really dies are a pop act sure but the dude is jus defending pop in that a lot of these r n b producers are alllways working, bands get huge breaks, or rest periods whatever, also a lot of r n b an hip hop is jus low down dirty an cool as a side o frozen beef man.
Old 24-04-2005, 01:29 AM   #127
omg
Games Master

Quote:
Originally posted by PrejudiceSucks@Apr 23 2005, 05:00 PM

, also don't flame me.
i hate people who correct spelling, i really do, like i was drunk when i wrote that message an spell megadeth megadeath whatever, who cares , (LOL still drunk now) an skinnyman is a hot uk rapper whos been layin down tracks scince the 80s an who *actually sounds english* unlike a lot o the uk hip hop crews who imitate the american accent, which if u in the uk hearin brits tryin to sound like yanks is totally not cool. i think if nerd put out a tune with a fake cockney accent u wld be well miffed, right, so dont have a go at me for not wanting uk rappers to sound american, right, thirdly, u dissin me for likin beck boy, i got mellow gold on the year of its release an back in 94 his sound was a hot one!!

an he still makes nice tunes now :Titan:
Old 24-04-2005, 01:52 AM   #128
drumminfreek
Game freak

Thumbs down

sorry.....never *ever* heard of him.... :whistle:
drumminfreek is offline                         Send a private message to drumminfreek
Old 24-04-2005, 08:26 AM   #129
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

If Dizzie wasn't in jail or whatever has happened to him (he got arrested a while ago for carrying pepper spray in the south of London. I would personally take heavier artillery down there, but whatever) he would kick skinnyman's behind.

Not that I actually like Dizzee Rascal, but I think that :

'My rhymes are sweet, sweet like Tropicana, make your head split just like a banana'

Is one of the best lines in hip-hop ever.

I also have never stated that I wanted british hip-hop to be americanised, I don't see how you read that into it. I personally do not like Beck, but that's just my opinion.

'Put the Stellar down, step away from the fridge! Everything will be fine!'
Old 24-04-2005, 10:52 AM   #130
drumminfreek
Game freak

Thumbs down

'My rhymes are sweet, sweet like Tropicana, make your head split just like a banana'

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
i think thats funny.....
i dont even kno who u guys talkin about!!