Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forum Games
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 09:05 PM   #1
The Niles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Welcome to the second Big Prize Give-away held on Abandonia. Let me first give you the rules for entering the competition.

You need to send your answers to me via a PM. ONLY your first PM with answers will be accepted, all subsequent "change my second answer to xxxx" PM's will be ignored. Only board members and moderators can enter, admins cannot. You will have a week to enter your answers after that the winner will be announced within a week.

The Prize is an origional (and legal) english language version of Outcast by Appeal bought by me and still in its schrink wrap cover. I will ship it (uninsured) anywhere in the world.

Now for the questions themselves. I decided this time to go for some more difficult questions that cannot be easily answered. You will have to do some real "leg" work in order to answer them but I am confident everyone will be able to uncover all the answers if you put some efford into it. The Questions are,

1] Space Quest 4 was released as talkie version on CD-Rom. Why wasn't Space Quest 5 released as a talkie version?

2] What 2001 hit game was greatly influenced by the storytelling and visual effects techniques used in motion pictures. Especially "Dark" ones.

3] Both in the origional and the sequal of the game from question 2 the main Characters where modelled of of real people. In the sequal which actors posed for the male and female lead?

4] Which single person do the following games have in common?

Black Crypt
Heretic
Star Trek Voyager : Elite Force
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
Take No Priksoners
Hexen
Mage Slayer
CyClones
Necrodome

5] Which game, published in 1985 for DOS by a company that was bought by Infogrames (today ATARI) in 1999, is held by many as one of the earliest flight simulators?

having given you the rules and the question I am left with thanking both Frans from "www.Spacequest.net" and my friend Mr Peskapoe for their help in formulating the questions and to wish you all the best of luck with answering the questions.
Rabyd Rev -- 2 Timothy 2:15
The Niles is offline                         Send a private message to The Niles
Old 04-02-2005, 09:39 PM   #2
Kon-Tiki
[BANNED]

You sure know how to pick the prizes. Time to participate again, but only to have a winner in case nobody else has all answers right. Wouldn't feel right, winning twice in a row while others'd have a chance too.
Kon-Tiki is offline                         Send a private message to Kon-Tiki
Old 04-02-2005, 09:55 PM   #3
Wael
Hero Gamer

Wow,
That is something good...

A game worth competing for...

Or would be,
Unless you already didn´t own it,
and since Competing for something that you already own is hardly fair...
So I´ll pass it /-

The point of this post?
That game truly is worth the time it takes to understand the answers... /-
Wael is offline                         Send a private message to Wael
Old 04-02-2005, 10:16 PM   #4
Havell
Home Sweet Abandonia

Outcast!? :w00t:

I've looking that game for ages

*Quickly starts Google*
Havell is offline                         Send a private message to Havell
Old 04-02-2005, 10:22 PM   #5
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

Ah, i'm one of the lucky owners of Outcast, i've completed it 5 times to date... maybe I'll play it again. Ofcoarse I won't compete but to anyone who doesn't have this game its worth competing for, it is simply amazing!
Awesome story, visuals (bit weird but still unique), cinematics, music (I still remember most of the tunes) loads of characters and quests with full speech and a world that is really alive!

Really a great choice!

I remember when I first saw it in stores, me and my broither had been waiting so long for the game and finally i saw it there (I wasn't expecting it yet) and I was simply speechless.
Old 04-02-2005, 10:56 PM   #6
Havell
Home Sweet Abandonia

Got all of them except number 1, that's a hard question as it could be for many reasons.
Havell is offline                         Send a private message to Havell
Old 04-02-2005, 11:21 PM   #7
mouse31e
Games Master

Quote:
Originally posted by R Havell@Feb 4 2005, 10:56 PM
Got all of them except number 1, that's a hard question as it could be for many reasons.
Ah. That one didn't take me long at all! In fact, trust me, it's staring you in the face! LOL

Now I just need to work out the others!
mouse31e is offline                         Send a private message to mouse31e
Old 04-02-2005, 11:36 PM   #8
Mucman

I already have that game

Good questions!
Mucman is offline                         Send a private message to Mucman
Old 04-02-2005, 11:56 PM   #9
Aristharus
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via MSN to Aristharus

I have Outcast. I bought it back then.
But for some reason it won't install to my computer anymore.
Old 05-02-2005, 12:32 AM   #10
rallier
Abandonia nerd

hey come on!!!!!! question number 1 is the easiest one...... i am went on for the second one and i guess i am stuck, there 2 or three games at least that were deeply influenced by movies...... i don't know which one to pick..... all these were great hits in their respective platforms and and they are dark in their manner........ do u mean dark as in undead form? (hint, hint) :P
rallier is offline                         Send a private message to rallier
Closed Thread