Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Request Games > Approved Requests
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 09-01-2011, 09:21 PM   #21
skepticcs

Yeah. It was the SOLD tag that led me to create a separate thread on the game since I figured this one had been moved somewhere else. But, yes, it appears the game is not sold anywhere other than Amazon. Does this mean it is abandonware or is there are more specific way to check? Also, does anyone have the game to upload in the event that it is abandoned?

If not, I might just shell out the few bucks, get a copy, and try to load it up myself (assuming everything checks out for me to legally do so). But I'm out of my home country and do not have an income for the next several months so that won't happen before April or so. I'd REALLY love to get a hold of this game before then if possible.
skepticcs is offline                         Send a private message to skepticcs
Old 09-01-2011, 11:18 PM   #22
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I do have two different rips, smaller and larger
I played the larger many years ago and liked the game. Recently I found this smaller rip that seems to contain few bugs. I managed to obtain that old CD with this larger rip shortly after. However, something is wrong and I get some funny crashes and even gameplay seems different. Probably due to inappropriate system. I guess I could upload the game, but I would like to do additional checks. And I would like to see image of original CD to see the differences so even if you get this rip soon, which is very likely, please consider buying the game and upload the CD image to ISO cellar. Some things even from gameplay may be left out here, so I'm not sure would my review be appropriate.
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 10-01-2011, 12:33 AM   #23
skepticcs

Hmm. How large is the rip you have? Would there be any way for you to get it to me so I could test it out as well?
skepticcs is offline                         Send a private message to skepticcs
Old 10-01-2011, 12:00 PM   #24
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I'm not sure, think it's 150MB but that might be unpacked. I don't have it here so I need a day or two.
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 10-01-2011, 01:42 PM   #25
Ermuli
Home Sweet Abandonia

I have this as a mdf/mds/ecm image. The size is 222,64 Mb.
Ermuli is offline                         Send a private message to Ermuli
Old 10-01-2011, 03:37 PM   #26
skepticcs

Would it be appropriate to submit this to the ISO Cellar yet?
Old 10-01-2011, 04:25 PM   #27
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Ermuli, you're the genius. I like having both Geezer and Ermuli, if by some impossible case one of them doesn't have something, the other one surely does.

As soon as this is confirmed as abw, I hope to see it in ISO cellar. Oh YEAH
Old 12-01-2011, 08:28 PM   #28
skepticcs

Marko, would you mind removing the [SOLD] tag from the topic title so folks don't ignore this one right off?
Old 12-01-2011, 08:50 PM   #29
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I guess that makes sense. I thought it is not important since Paco told me so, but perhaps it's better.
Old 13-01-2011, 01:48 AM   #30
Expack2
Game Request Hunter

Even though I imagine this has already been confirmed to meet Abandonia's definition of abandonware, I decided to confirm the game's abandonware status. Having done so successfully...

Vikings - The Strategy Of Ultimate Conquest - [APPROVED]

Proud Beta Tester for Desura Since October 28, 2010

Last edited by Expack2; 13-01-2011 at 01:48 AM. Reason: Added link to Abandonia's definition of abandonware.
Expack2 is offline                         Send a private message to Expack2