Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 19-02-2007, 07:49 PM   #41
crwydryny

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Feb 19 2007, 02:21 PM) [snapback]279955[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Heads up, people!
It indeed appears that someone has uploaded a corrupted version of the game to the site. If the party responsible is ever determined, I'll have a couple words with them on the subject.

For the moment, I have uploaded a replacement archive to our FTP server and it should be up for download shortly.

In the name of Abandonia's staff, I apologise for any and all inconvenience caused.

[/b]

that would explain why i coulden't unzip the file when I downloaded it the otherday.
when i first took a look at this game when I have to admit I though uh no C&C clone (I never was a C&C fan becuse of all the hype) then after playing it for a few minuets I thought not bad now i think I'm hooked LOL
though is it me or is the AI a bit of a coward I found in most of my battles the AI would stay just out of rainge of my weapons. I had 3 tanks and 5 scouts plus support units (scanners, repair units ect.) all pinned down at a bottle neck with a single tank. all they had to do was rush me. the worst I could have done was take out a scout or two before they broke through and distroyed my base but instead they just sat there while I built up a line of tanks, assault guns and rocket launchers to wipe them out
crwydryny is offline                         Send a private message to crwydryny
Old 20-02-2007, 01:01 PM   #42
Jakse375
Lurker

Love this sight, love the games. Brings me back to the good old days. No bills, no taxes, no rent. Spend all your money on games. MAX was one of my favorite's mainly cause i could kick the crap out of my arch nemesis. Anyway, how do you get DOSbox to start at a faster cycle rate? Mine always starts at 3000 but i need about 30000 for most of the games i play to run right. Do i have to edit the DOSbox config file?
Jakse375 is offline                         Send a private message to Jakse375
Old 20-02-2007, 01:36 PM   #43
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Do i have to edit the DOSbox config file?[/b]
Yep. It's easier than it seems, though.

For your reference, explanation of dosbox.conf (link).

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 20-02-2007, 02:07 PM   #44

is there no possibility to play this game online?!

i've got the sequel on cd - both are very great games!

Old 21-02-2007, 11:16 AM   #45
Delibator
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Heads up, people!
It indeed appears that someone has uploaded a corrupted version of the game to the site. If the party responsible is ever determined, I'll have a couple words with them on the subject.

For the moment, I have uploaded a replacement archive to our FTP server and it should be up for download shortly.

In the name of Abandonia's staff, I apologise for any and all inconvenience caused.[/b]

<_< That explains it... it explains a lot...
Delibator is offline                         Send a private message to Delibator
Old 25-02-2007, 12:29 PM   #46
HardGaur

hello everone, I cannot run this... In DosBox, it crashes; when I try to start it via dos prompt, I get told "screen init failed". I'd be grateful for help

Old 26-02-2007, 04:14 PM   #47
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

What is the error message when it crashes in DosBox?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 27-02-2007, 04:16 AM   #48
dima

This game is a hit k: of month for me.
dima is offline                         Send a private message to dima
Old 04-03-2007, 12:15 PM   #49
Help in M.A.X

Can someone give me a step by step instruction how to run M.A.X of win XP...
Thanks in advance

Old 05-03-2007, 03:47 PM   #50
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Step 1 and only: Use DosBox to run the game.

-- Reed Richards