Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 23-04-2005, 10:44 PM   #1041
LoneWolf
Thumbs up

OK. I am a member but forgot my info...

I have a question, can you capture and use alien ships thhat are undamaged and if so how???, I really like that tinny one this is 1 square big its looks cool and somehow held 5 aliens??? also I am doing good and got some good vetrins, niceshots, but I am at a big lack of Elleriam and $$$ my base is in the USA, your biggest finacial contibutor, and have attacked many undammaged ships, successfully but am still at a loss. One finall thing I AM SOOOO GLAD I HAVE A WIN 98,IT RUNS MOST FAILY RECIENT THINGS, LIKE SHOGUN TOTAL WAR LEVEL AND RUNS ALL DOS GAMES EASLY WITH NO OTHER APPS!!!!
:bleh: :bleh:

Old 23-04-2005, 11:33 PM   #1042
a1s
Hero Gamer

I don't know if this has been asked about yet (91 page! get real!!!), but I wanted to know if it was possible to attack a UFO with multiple fighters (at the same time) I think I did this once, but since it was only once I thought I sort of dreamed the whole experience. I've recently got inderect proof you can do it (in the chalenges part of the forum, allthough they might have meant one after another).
So... is it possible? and if yes, does it require mad skillz or is there an easy way?
a1s is offline                         Send a private message to a1s
Old 24-04-2005, 12:05 AM   #1043
Lizard
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by a1s@Apr 24 2005, 12:33 AM
I don't know if this has been asked about yet (91 page! get real!!!), but I wanted to know if it was possible to attack a UFO with multiple fighters (at the same time) I think I did this once, but since it was only once I thought I sort of dreamed the whole experience. I've recently got inderect proof you can do it (in the chalenges part of the forum, allthough they might have meant one after another).
So... is it possible? and if yes, does it require mad skillz or is there an easy way?
It is possible and not that difficult.Or it was possible in X-com:TFTD? :eeeeeh:
I am sure that in one,(or both) of X-Coms is possible to find with multiple crafts against Ufo

Btw it is in easy way.Just dont attack with your click on two squares that are in upper left corner in battle screen,and then send other crafts to Ufo...
I hope you understood,I have certain difficulties to explain something in english
Lizard is offline                         Send a private message to Lizard
Old 24-04-2005, 12:34 AM   #1044
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by LoneWolf@Apr 23 2005, 10:44 PM
I have a question, can you capture and use alien ships thhat are undamaged and if so how???, I really like that tinny one this is 1 square big its looks cool and somehow held 5 aliens??? also I am doing good and got some good vetrins, niceshots, but I am at a big lack of Elleriam and $$$ my base is in the USA, your biggest finacial contibutor, and have attacked many undammaged ships, successfully but am still at a loss.
You can't use alien ships, even if they are undamaged.

You should never have any money problems... Recruit engineers, then build laser cannons in order to sell them. In my current game I've got 100-150 engineers, and I've always had more money than I could spend. Each engineer makes a net profit of some $44000 per month when building laser cannons, if I remember well.

There's been a lot of advise on elerium in the past few pages of this forum. Just to repeat some of the main points:
- If possible, focus on the largest ufos you can take on. Small ufos usually end up with destroyed engines if you shoot them, whereas larger ufos have multiple power sources. It's even better if the ufo has landed, so try to get there before the ufo takes off again.
- Use laser rifles until you've got enough heavy plasma clips you've captured from aliens. When disarming MC'ed aliens, remove the ammunition from their heavy plasma if it has been fired before: incomplete ammo clips are lost at the end of the battle, unless you've removed them from the weapon before.
Stick to skyrangers, they don't need any elerium.

@ Lizard: your method will work, but it's a bit risky if the ufo flies faster than your interceptor/firestorm: there's always a chance that the ufo will outrun your craft before the second one gets there.
Old 24-04-2005, 03:09 AM   #1045
Juan Rayo

Weird

When I first downloaded the game, installed it and started playing right away. No problemas at ALL. Lucky me, cause I am absolutely ignorant of all things computer and couldn't use DOSBOX if it came with a joystick.

Last time I loaded the game, though, for whatever reason it got SUPERFAST. Even if I set movement and firing and all to 1 (lowest speed I think) it STILL is superfast. Any ideas what could have caused this?
Thanks

Juan Rayo is offline                         Send a private message to Juan Rayo
Old 24-04-2005, 03:30 AM   #1046
Jman4117
Game freak

The trick with multiple interceptors is to get all of them after the ufo at standoff range. Then you get all the windows maximized and rapidly put all to aggressive. With luck, 4 interceptors with dual plasma can take down a battleship with one lost and three undamaged (Battleship oneshots interceptors).
Jman4117 is offline                         Send a private message to Jman4117
Old 24-04-2005, 03:45 AM   #1047
Old Lou

Hello:
You can use DosBox to run the game, but I only recommend it if you have a very fast computer. It's easy to use.
Other option is to use Mo'Slow but it didn't work when I tried to use it with Xcom.
So I reduced the game loading some aplications and running the game after that at the same time. And I was able to reduce the speed.
---------------------------------------------------------------
On the other hand, responding to some of you about chasing alien ships with multiple interceptors I'd say that is a highly recommendable tactic when you wanna shoot down medium/large ships at early stages of the game when you still don't have the tech to shoot em down with only one interceptor. You can try it with very large too but the thing becomes risky. The bad part of this tactic is that your interceptors will remain some days without hunting at the hangars for reparations.
Bye.
Old Lou is offline                         Send a private message to Old Lou
Old 24-04-2005, 06:01 AM   #1048
lol

i have trouble whit the music it gets kinda cut is there a solution for this?

Old 24-04-2005, 06:04 AM   #1049

Quote:
Originally posted by a1s@Apr 23 2005, 11:33 PM
You can. send several interceptors against the craft. When one of the ufo and the interception window opens, push the minimize button that´s at the upper left corner of it; the window will dissapear and be replaced by a small icon of the craft. Then wait (you may have to put the game in a faster speed) until another interceptor joins the fray; you can do the same with this, until you have the maximum of 4 interceptors against the same ufo. Then click on the icons, and the interception windows will appear again, this time with all the crafts attacking at the same time.

Once you get the plasma beams, this is only neccesary with the battleships, since the plasma beams outrange all ufos but the ´ship and has enough ammo to bring a dozen of them down.

Old 24-04-2005, 08:08 AM   #1050
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

The music is cut if you are not a VIP. The version with music + videos is about 30 mb.

You might be thinking 'ha, 30mb, that's a piss-take' , but on the other hand thousands upon thousands have already downloaded this. There has to have been about at least 100gb worth of downloads, all of which costs a lot of money. If you times that by six, then the site would be bankrupt before you can say 'bandwith rent'.

Interceptors only make good fighters against anything less hard than a Battleship. I don't know what people are doing setting them all to Aggressive, you will cause as much damage without killing everyone onboard and blowing out all of the engines if you put your ships in 'careful'. Range between the Battleship and your craft gives no indication of the damage caused.

Firestorms (not Avengers) should be used against Battleships as they can take a hit from the battleship and survive. Three Firestorms with Plasma Cannons will down a Battleship with no trouble. You could send one Avenger in with crew as well as Plasma Cannons, but I seriously doubt it being a good idea. An Avenger full of good soldiers and 3 Plasma Cannon Hovertanks is just waiting to be shot down, losing you millions of dollar's worth of soldiers, experience, tanks, building materials and also a craft suitable for the Cydonia attack.

The real question is whether you can send more than one landing craft in to fight the UFOs on the ground or those that you have downed. I have never tried, due to the definate risk of a crash, but someone else could give it a go!
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks