Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 05-04-2005, 05:10 AM   #801
axident
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by Juan Rayo@Apr 5 2005, 04:35 AM
The end off all things

Well, it's funny when one doesn't want to reveal any spoilers from a game that came out in 1993... BUT what you gonna do? So I stuffed all the boring stuff I was gonna write and will just let you know that I finished the game. The Cidonia mission was pretty intense in the surface, but once we went into the base proper it was too easy. Only one soldier explored the base, the others kept MControlling all and any oposition. Then I met the big bad guy and just "blasted" him to hell, heh

Heh

Great game. One of the few I feel like playing again INMEDIATLY after I finish it.
Congrats! Yeah, the surface is nasty; after that, it was a camping festival and I launched almost all of the 42 blaster bombs that I took with me, just blasting random hallways hoping to score hits... I got almost all of the aliens that way. Then I rushed one blaster bomber to the brain room and fired.

Try the "low tech" challenge, using only Earthling tech except for the Avenger. Or the "no reloads" challenge--on Superhuman!
axident is offline                         Send a private message to axident
Old 05-04-2005, 05:42 AM   #802
Juan Rayo

heh, I was thinking of the no-reloads challenge... but in SUPERHUMAN? jajajja, I dunno.

What are the main differences in difficulty? more aliens? harder? bigger UFO's early on?

As for finishing the game, thanks man. I actually did enjoy the end "sequence" such as it is, but that's juts cause my imagination was already running wild with scenarios, heh.

Ok, Superhuman, here I go.
Juan Rayo is offline                         Send a private message to Juan Rayo
Old 05-04-2005, 06:58 AM   #803
Jman4117
Game freak

More aliens, stronger AI, ships come out sooner, etc.
Jman4117 is offline                         Send a private message to Jman4117
Old 05-04-2005, 07:08 AM   #804
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

Yeah, but the easiest level of TfTD is as hard as/harder than UFO even on Superhuman. It's very, very difficult, especially since the first weapon you design need clips (eep) and the starting weapons are a piss-take.
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 05-04-2005, 07:23 AM   #805
axident
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by Juan Rayo@Apr 5 2005, 05:42 AM
heh, I was thinking of the no-reloads challenge... but in SUPERHUMAN? jajajja, I dunno.

What are the main differences in difficulty? more aliens? harder? bigger UFO's early on?

As for finishing the game, thanks man. I actually did enjoy the end "sequence" such as it is, but that's juts cause my imagination was already running wild with scenarios, heh.

Ok, Superhuman, here I go.
What Jman said, plus armor and alien stats go up.. Sectopods at 95 front armor at Beginner --> 145 front armor at Superhuman = big difference.

I hear that TftD isn't that bad once you get the hang of it and survive for a while. Then again, most games are like that, because computer AI generally isn't as good as human intelligence, so game designers give computers starting bonuses and production bonuses that you can't easily overcome at first but can overcome after using your noggin, something the computer doesn't do well. Master of Orion is a classic example. I wish someone would make a remake of Master of Magic, though, that game kicked so much behind, even if it did crash a lot...
axident is offline                         Send a private message to axident
Old 05-04-2005, 10:58 AM   #806

Check this out!

Game Boy Advance game Rebelstar Tactical Command from the makers of X-Com!
Some screenshots:

http://eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=58466

Old 05-04-2005, 11:03 AM   #807
Guest_Endop

^
was Endop, and here is the homepage:
'http://www.namco.com/games/rebelstar/

So, how many of you have a gameboy advance?

Old 05-04-2005, 12:04 PM   #808
Rogue
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Thanks for the links!!!

I have GBA, and will get this game as soon as they release it here (USA).

Great!
Rogue is offline                         Send a private message to Rogue
Old 05-04-2005, 02:28 PM   #809
dunkellic

Quote:
Originally posted by Juan Rayo@Apr 5 2005, 04:35 AM
The end off all things

Well, it's funny when one doesn't want to reveal any spoilers from a game that came out in 1993... BUT what you gonna do? So I stuffed all the boring stuff I was gonna write and will just let you know that I finished the game. The Cidonia mission was pretty intense in the surface, but once we went into the base proper it was too easy. Only one soldier explored the base, the others kept MControlling all and any oposition. Then I met the big bad guy and just "blasted" him to hell, heh

Heh

Great game. One of the few I feel like playing again INMEDIATLY after I finish it.
trie it without mc.
the first time i was there my soldiers had only one month of psi training and no pis-amp.

that makes things much more difficult (i think that MC is too powerfull anyway)
dunkellic is offline                         Send a private message to dunkellic
Old 05-04-2005, 02:41 PM   #810
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by dunkellic@Apr 5 2005, 02:28 PM
trie it without mc.
the first time i was there my soldiers had only one month of psi training and no psi-amp.

that makes things much more difficult (i think that MC is too powerfull anyway)
Yes, it makes a rather unstable balance: whoever starts succesfully MC'ing first is suddenly in a much better position.
I've also noticed there's a rather large random factor, just as for damage dealing.