Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-04-2005, 06:15 PM   #771
Rogue
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Yesterday I had at the same time 2 ships down, and 2 that lended by them self. It took me a while to clear everything. (Of course, first one that lended, and then other 2 that were shouted down. :blink:

So far I got one advanced crew - to take big ships, while I'm building another one on second base. It's 3rd month, and I was surprised of this high UFO activity seen thanks to large radar.

While my crew was cleaning one of lendings, they discovered an alien base, which my advanced crew whiped without loosing a single man.

It is important to not allow aliens to see you first. If that's happen, all of them will try to midn-control you.

So far got 4 guys with 8 kills.
Rogue is offline                         Send a private message to Rogue
Old 04-04-2005, 06:25 PM   #772
Spookyfish
Game freak

Quote:
Ethereals will always be king; the makers of the game wanted it that way--it's no accident that the final mission is against Sectoid vassals on the surface and all the terror units + Ethereals down below. Mutons are only "good" in that they have lots of health. But Ethereals are the mind-controlling, well-armored masters. Oh, and Ethereals have Sectopods, which have unholy amounts of armor.
Hm, true. I like gamemakers who do that, actually. Rather than making some ULTIMATE weapon and ULTIMATE equipment for humans, you have the ULTIMATE alien species. Wish more folks would do that :Tom:.
Spookyfish is offline                         Send a private message to Spookyfish
Old 04-04-2005, 07:01 PM   #773
Juan Rayo

Thanks for the tips guys. I haven't had time to load my game again (accursed work!!!) and give it another try fighting the Ethereals and sectopoids.. will try in a couple of hours though... gonna carry LOTS of blaster launchers k:
Juan Rayo is offline                         Send a private message to Juan Rayo
Old 04-04-2005, 07:09 PM   #774
axident
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by Spookyfish@Apr 4 2005, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Ethereals will always be king; the makers of the game wanted it that way--it's no accident that the final mission is against Sectoid vassals on the surface and all the terror units + Ethereals down below. Mutons are only "good" in that they have lots of health. But Ethereals are the mind-controlling, well-armored masters. Oh, and Ethereals have Sectopods, which have unholy amounts of armor.
Hm, true. I like gamemakers who do that, actually. Rather than making some ULTIMATE weapon and ULTIMATE equipment for humans, you have the ULTIMATE alien species. Wish more folks would do that :Tom:.
Oh yeah and if you look at Ethereal stats, they have great firing accuracy and reactions and stuff.. very dangerous beasts.
axident is offline                         Send a private message to axident
Old 04-04-2005, 07:36 PM   #775
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

What are you guy's verdicts on Sectalids etc?

I think they are craptastic, but some say that they are good. A good stun rodding will always take them down though.
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 04-04-2005, 07:38 PM   #776
Dreadlord
[BANNED]

I shoot things with rockets.

If I am correct, since I am not a X-Com geek, "Sectalids" are aliens, and since I've met every alien in the game, and shot each and everyone one of those aliens with rockets, I must say most things die quickly.
Dreadlord is offline                         Send a private message to Dreadlord
Old 04-04-2005, 07:42 PM   #777
Lizard
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadlord@Apr 4 2005, 08:38 PM
I shoot things with rockets.

If I am correct, since I am not a X-Com geek, "Sectalids" are aliens, and since I've met every alien in the game, and shot each and everyone one of those aliens with rockets, I must say most things die quickly.
so you are rocket girl? :whistle:
Lizard is offline                         Send a private message to Lizard
Old 04-04-2005, 07:44 PM   #778
Dreadlord
[BANNED]

You could say that yes, but I don't want to start spewing one liners.
I have a phobia of super heroes with bad acting.

Psst, Rockets + Aliens = Dead.
Dreadlord is offline                         Send a private message to Dreadlord
Old 04-04-2005, 07:47 PM   #779
Lizard
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadlord@Apr 4 2005, 08:44 PM
You could say that yes, but I don't want to start spewing one liners.
I have a phobia of super heroes with bad acting.

Psst, Rockets + Aliens = Dead.
This is longest not-spam thread,that isnt aimed to have 1000,10000 or 100000 posts I have ever seen
Anyway I dont like rockets that much.As alternative weapon,sure...But you need some autofire to backup things.
Btw If I hold RL in one hand, and AC in other,do I have lower accuracy? :blink:
Lizard is offline                         Send a private message to Lizard
Old 04-04-2005, 07:48 PM   #780
Spookyfish
Game freak

Dreadlord, you've just inspired me. I'm going to try both of the following things:

1. Only use troops equipped with rocket launchers/blaster launchers.
2. Only use troops armed with grenades and pistols.

Banzai. Terror-site, prepare to be leveled :Titan:.
Spookyfish is offline                         Send a private message to Spookyfish