Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 03-04-2005, 08:52 AM   #721
Juan Rayo

Ethereal huh? thanks. I actually have not met those guys in battle. From what I read in some posts, they are trouble. Mind control? blaster launchers? heavy armor? or just all around tough guys?

In a mission, I caught a glimpse of one, orange cape I think? (yeah, I know, alien fashion sense...) but then the game crashed and when I continued never again faced them.

Thanks for the info.
Juan Rayo is offline                         Send a private message to Juan Rayo
Old 03-04-2005, 09:20 AM   #722
axident
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by Juan Rayo@Apr 3 2005, 08:52 AM
Ethereal huh? thanks. I actually have not met those guys in battle. From what I read in some posts, they are trouble. Mind control? blaster launchers? heavy armor? or just all around tough guys?

In a mission, I caught a glimpse of one, orange cape I think? (yeah, I know, alien fashion sense...) but then the game crashed and when I continued never again faced them.

Thanks for the info.
I'm not sure but I think you need a commander from a base--not from a UFO. So let a weaker species build a base and then go in with some Mind Probes and stun launchers in addition to the regular Heavy Plasma/Blaster Launcher combo. Mind probe every alien before you shoot it; if it's a Commander, shoot it with the stun launcher instead of a killing weapon. Try to protect the body.. carry it away or something if you have to; don't let a stray grenade land on it or anything. Hope that helps!
axident is offline                         Send a private message to axident
Old 03-04-2005, 09:30 AM   #723
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

Yes, I think you're right that it needs to be a commander taken from an alien base. In most cases they will be found at the top floor of the room with the big grav lift; there's a corridor all around that room, accessible only by a 5-or-so tiles wide door. I hope you can gather from this description what I mean...

As for ethereals, those are indeed the orange caped ones. They're dangerous (understatement) because of their psi abilities. Be glad that you haven't met them often yet.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:09 AM   #724
dunkellic

Quote:
Originally posted by another_guest@Apr 3 2005, 09:30 AM
Yes, I think you're right that it needs to be a commander taken from an alien base. In most cases they will be found at the top floor of the room with the big grav lift; there's a corridor all around that room, accessible only by a 5-or-so tiles wide door. I hope you can gather from this description what I mean...

As for ethereals, those are indeed the orange caped ones. They're dangerous (understatement) because of their psi abilities. Be glad that you haven't met them often yet.
but once they´re dead they are much much friendlier....

sad thing that a MCed ethereal can´t MC others by your command...(perhaps if i equipt him with a psi-amp )
dunkellic is offline                         Send a private message to dunkellic
Old 03-04-2005, 11:36 AM   #725
Spookyfish
Game freak

Yeah, why won't someone try that for fun? Have two soldiers with good psychic abilities carry a spare psi-amp, MC an etheral, then throw the new etheral slave the spare psi-amp.
Spookyfish is offline                         Send a private message to Spookyfish
Old 03-04-2005, 12:26 PM   #726
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

Can you make mind controlled aliens pick up things? I've read once that you need to cycle through your soldiers until you're on the MC'ed alien to do so. But I haven't tried it yet.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:27 PM   #727
Lizard
Abandonia Homie

Yea,. You cant do it directly. But I think that cycling throught soldiers to get alien is bug and it could be already in Ufoefense
Lizard is offline                         Send a private message to Lizard
Old 03-04-2005, 02:21 PM   #728
dunkellic

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizard@Apr 3 2005, 12:27 PM
Yea,. You cant do it directly. But I think that cycling throught soldiers to get alien is bug and it could be already in Ufoefense
it works with the goldversion
but i wouldn´t consider it as a bug (as far as you dont use it with chrysalids).
why shouldn´t you be able to equip MCed aliens, that doens´t make much sense
dunkellic is offline                         Send a private message to dunkellic
Old 03-04-2005, 03:06 PM   #729
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by dunkellic@Apr 3 2005, 02:21 PM
why shouldn´t you be able to equip MCed aliens, that doens´t make much sense
Of course, but then again you can't use their inherent abilities (hand-to-hand attack,...) either.
Old 03-04-2005, 03:58 PM   #730
Juan Rayo

Thanks, I WOULD like to battle the Ethereals so I can see how my soldiers do against them, specially considering I could end up meeting a whole bunch of them in Mars. I think it's a good idea to wait then, for the snakes or floaters to build their own pretty little base and then come in and exterminate them, heh.

And I have never used stun bombs, always rods, oh, well. Thanks for the info guys.

And now, MORE questions!

1. Allien food? any good or can I go ahead and sell it? I have already researched it...

2. Allien enterteinment/ Likewise.

3. Examination room. Got 3 or 4 of those, already researched them as well.

Can I sell all this stuff? No need for it at all?

As usual, all info greatly appreciated.
Juan Rayo is offline                         Send a private message to Juan Rayo