Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 02-04-2005, 04:45 PM   #711
axident
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by Jman4117+Apr 2 2005, 03:37 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jman4117 @ Apr 2 2005, 03:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TaloN@Apr 2 2005, 11:53 AM
something i played with the other day was having LOTS of small bases with no defences. you can abandonthem when they get attacked and not lose too much and still stay very functional.

it was just a 30min piss about, would be interesting to see if you could finish the game without defeind any of your bases.
Sounds like my picket approach: 1 hanger, 1 living quaters, 2 stores, and a radar :P

Why waste time on defenses when you can have 18 free heavy plasmas and boosted stats every time they attack you? [/b][/quote]
I took the loss once when a battleship squashed a nascent expansion base a month or two into the game, but after that I had enough troops stationed around that I rolled out the welcome mat for more battleships... that never came. I mean, wtf, I never attack battleships headed towards my staffed bases anymore, but they never land.
axident is offline                         Send a private message to axident
Old 02-04-2005, 06:09 PM   #712
Jman4117
Game freak

<3 Laser pistols ^^
Jman4117 is offline                         Send a private message to Jman4117
Old 02-04-2005, 09:00 PM   #713
Spookyfish
Game freak

Whoa :blink:! Impressive! You took a battleship on the ground there, didn't you? You wicked person you .
Spookyfish is offline                         Send a private message to Spookyfish
Old 02-04-2005, 09:25 PM   #714
axident
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by Jman4117@Apr 2 2005, 06:09 PM

<3 Laser pistols ^^
Liar. You had a tank, too. Seriously though, good job, that 200 E-115 looks delicious....
axident is offline                         Send a private message to axident
Old 02-04-2005, 10:17 PM   #715
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

That's VERY impressive indeed!
Old 02-04-2005, 11:35 PM   #716
Lizard
Abandonia Homie

Really nice.Good work! k:
Lizard is offline                         Send a private message to Lizard
Old 03-04-2005, 01:30 AM   #717
Fama

Meh. Read up to something like, page 12... I'll see if I have time to read the rest. But anyway. I guess it's because I play the easist difficulty and I cheat by saving very often (^^), but I very rarely, if ever lose troops... Psi being a different thing. I would advice you to go to www.xcomufo.com and read the strategy guide... It's very good. That is, if you don't want to play the game without any help.

Ps. Just to make this clear:
X-Com: UFO Defense is the US title
UFO: Enemy Unknown is the European title
X-Com: Terror From The Deep(s?) is the sequel
X-Com: Apocalypse is the third game.
But I guess you knew this.

Old 03-04-2005, 02:24 AM   #718
Spookyfish
Game freak

We kinda did . Thanks anyway.
Spookyfish is offline                         Send a private message to Spookyfish
Old 03-04-2005, 07:47 AM   #719
Juan Rayo

Capturar a un comandante

Hi all... need some help.

Xcom has the pinches aliens on the defensive. We take down their ships, there is not a single base of their operatin on Earth now (at least, not that I know of) and their missions are generally a total bust.

My science team tells me we need to capture a Commander to interrogate and be able to go look for them in mars and finish this once and for all. With that in mind, I took out 3 bases that I was allowing on Earth for just that reason.

Commander Rayo is a great PSI, and as such, he mind controled every muton and grey we came upon in every base. Trouble is, when I check the dominated aliens, all I see is "muton soldier" or engenier, or navigator, even a couple of medics totin Blaster launchers (dirty bastards!). Not once a commander. Same happened with the grays. I can't believe that in EVERY BASE the commander happened to be the one alien I shot on sight instead of dominating. Any ideas? Can I find these guys in any base or only in battleships as they land? where do they usually hang out?

Thanks for the help
Juan Rayo is offline                         Send a private message to Juan Rayo
Old 03-04-2005, 07:58 AM   #720
lethe
Game freak

Ethereal battleships usually have 1. "Alien base" ethereal scout ships are full of them.
lethe is offline                         Send a private message to lethe