Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 02-04-2005, 05:10 AM   #701
Juan Rayo

LOL, a blaster bomb would do the trick, yes, heh./ LOL
Juan Rayo is offline                         Send a private message to Juan Rayo
Old 02-04-2005, 09:36 AM   #702
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by Jman4117@Apr 2 2005, 12:14 AM
Or you may have just gotten decimated the first round and the survivors panicked.......
That "guest" was me (must have lost my cookies)...

That wasn't the problem, I think I only lost one or two soldiers at that point. But I guess it was something fishy: when I reloaded (don't blame me for this one ) just before the attack, things went exactly the same, except for the whole mass panic thing.
Old 02-04-2005, 10:39 AM   #703
Spookyfish
Game freak

:blink:! I'd go for saying that it was a bug... Or, some weak-minded soldier saw his fellow(s) die, berserked, then the others saw him berserk, thought "What the hell", started berserking themselves. Or maybe they were all drunk .
Spookyfish is offline                         Send a private message to Spookyfish
Old 02-04-2005, 11:09 AM   #704
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by Spookyfish@Apr 2 2005, 10:39 AM
Or maybe they were all drunk .
My secret has been revealed

As for aliens attacking one's base, I still think that doesn't yield as much as say a large or very large ufo, both in terms of score and loot. Especially if they come in with blaster launchers, blowing up half of the loot.
Old 02-04-2005, 11:42 AM   #705
skadi

hehe I played ufo a few years long without going to mars... huahaha. How many kills my men had.. it's a pity that everything is deleted
i think i'll get ufo a next time.. haha!
skadi is offline                         Send a private message to skadi
Old 02-04-2005, 11:53 AM   #706
TaloN
Hero Gamer

something i played with the other day was having LOTS of small bases with no defences. you can abandonthem when they get attacked and not lose too much and still stay very functional.

it was just a 30min piss about, would be interesting to see if you could finish the game without defeind any of your bases.
TaloN is offline                         Send a private message to TaloN
Old 02-04-2005, 12:23 PM   #707
dunkellic

Quote:
Originally posted by TaloN@Apr 2 2005, 11:53 AM
something i played with the other day was having LOTS of small bases with no defences. you can abandonthem when they get attacked and not lose too much and still stay very functional.

it was just a 30min piss about, would be interesting to see if you could finish the game without defeind any of your bases.
if no soldiers are stationed in a base and the base gets under attack you instantly lose the base
dunkellic is offline                         Send a private message to dunkellic
Old 02-04-2005, 12:40 PM   #708
UFO Booster

Sorry to interupt you, guys. I was wondering if there's a kind of UFO #2 ? Even if the first one is the best game i ever played i would like to find the following episode !!

Old 02-04-2005, 01:54 PM   #709
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by UFO Booster@Apr 2 2005, 12:40 PM
Sorry to interupt you, guys. I was wondering if there's a kind of UFO #2 ? Even if the first one is the best game i ever played i would like to find the following episode !!
Terror from the Deep (also available here on Abandonia). Though it didn't feature much new, apart from different names and graphics for weapons and such.
And UFO 3 would then be X-COM Apocalypse (also available here).
Old 02-04-2005, 03:37 PM   #710
Jman4117
Game freak

Quote:
Originally posted by TaloN@Apr 2 2005, 11:53 AM

Sounds like my picket approach: 1 hanger, 1 living quaters, 2 stores, and a radar :P

Why waste time on defenses when you can have 18 free heavy plasmas and boosted stats every time they attack you?
Jman4117 is offline                         Send a private message to Jman4117