Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 29-01-2010, 07:42 PM   #281
Szilvio
Forum hobbit

Albion has much better and complicated story, with a lot of possibilities, than Avatar has.

At the first village's 2D forest after killing monsters they are comming to life again and again, but you need to visit same area after 1-2 days. You can train your characters there and it is recommended, as Sira can learn good spells in the first village, when you improve her level amd you'll have problems in the second village if you don't train others before. But after they reach character level around 15 is became very boring to hunt same monsters and it is time to go to the second village....
Szilvio is offline                         Send a private message to Szilvio
Old 21-02-2010, 05:00 PM   #282
Lothyr

Default Game play help please

How do I level Sirra up to level 12 ? I wander around but there are not enough mobs to kill to level up..is there a place where there are more mobs?
Lothyr is offline                         Send a private message to Lothyr
Old 21-02-2010, 08:26 PM   #283
Szilvio
Forum hobbit

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lothyr View Post
How do I level Sirra up to level 12 ? I wander around but there are not enough mobs to kill to level up..is there a place where there are more mobs?
As I wrote above. You have to discover every corner of the first island. And where you met monsters visit same place after 2 days. By discovering the first island forests you can pick up (harvest) as much seeds for Sira, that it will be enough nearly for the whole game.
If you want to level up ony Sira, than when you see that last monster(s) is/are near death, click withdrawal for the other characters, so only Sira remains in fight, she will kill the last monster and get all experience points...
But I never did that, I was patient and leveled up all characters. It later paied-off, because second island with low level characters is very hard.
I hope it helps for you.

Last edited by Szilvio; 21-02-2010 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Repair mistakes
Old 21-06-2010, 10:29 AM   #284
Salkhir
Default Sound Issues

Ok I've read the previous posts about this issue but still can't seem to resolve my problem. I can run the intro fine ( i dont have the image from this site but downloaded from another one instead). When it gets to the actual game though, it quits out with an error log same as some other peeps...

BBERROR: ERRORSTACK START:--------------
Sound: AIL error : XMIDI sound hardware not found

BBERROR: ERRORSTACK END-----------------

I have gone into the config of dos and get this...

sbtype=sb16
sbbase=220
irq=7
dma=1
hdma=5
sbmixer=true
oplmode=auto
oplemu=default
oplrate=44100

I have changed some of the settings back and forth but still getting no joy, sane error every time. Able to give me any pointers? Used to play this game all the time when I was a kid, one of hte first I really got into that was spectrum or amiga based, this and Entomorph, shame neither of them had any sequals but overthe moon I found this again.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Old 21-06-2010, 10:31 AM   #285
Salkhir
Default Soud Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salkhir View Post
Ok I've read the previous posts about this issue but still can't seem to resolve my problem. I can run the intro fine ( i dont have the image from this site but downloaded from another one instead). When it gets to the actual game though, it quits out with an error log same as some other peeps...

BBERROR: ERRORSTACK START:--------------
Sound: AIL error : XMIDI sound hardware not found

BBERROR: ERRORSTACK END-----------------

I have gone into the config of dos and get this...

sbtype=sb16
sbbase=220
irq=7
dma=1
hdma=5
sbmixer=true
oplmode=auto
oplemu=default
oplrate=44100

I have changed some of the settings back and forth but still getting no joy, sane error every time. Able to give me any pointers? Used to play this game all the time when I was a kid, one of hte first I really got into that was spectrum or amiga based, this and Entomorph, shame neither of them had any sequals but overthe moon I found this again.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Im running Dosbox 0.74. If that is any help :P

Old 21-06-2010, 11:28 AM   #286
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

don't change default configuration in dosbox, it is proper for albion. you need to change audio configuration in game
have you ran sound configuration/install program before?

by the way, the version on abandonia has everything preconfigured
Old 24-06-2010, 06:03 PM   #287
wkorsten
Lurker

Hi All - this is my first post ever on this great site!
Thanks Abandonia for many hours(erm... that should be weeks) of me reliving memories of the past.

I had been going back and forth downloading Albion for about a year now - I remembered playing it years ago and knew that I never even left the first house. But I'm VERY glad I made the download, the game blew me away.

Was amazed to see that this thread for Albion goes back to 2006 and then saw the latest reply was recent.

Not a very easy game, but I love it (Mad for the RPG elements and story so far has been great*).

Good luck to all who haven't finished the game yet (me included, still on the first Island, just managed to finish the first dungeon.)
wkorsten is offline                         Send a private message to wkorsten
Old 27-06-2010, 07:48 PM   #288
Szilvio
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkorsten View Post
(....)
Good luck to all who haven't finished the game yet (me included, still on the first Island, just managed to finish the first dungeon.)
It would be more easier to finish if "Walktrhu" and manual documents would be still available for Albion. I do not know why it was removed???
Old 27-06-2010, 09:17 PM   #289
ayoeness
Sleep doll, mommy's mining

You can find the walkthrough here: http://www.bluebyte.net/eng/products/albion/index.htm Look under FAQ.

And the manual I found here. Although I agree it would be nice if it was on site.
Crowley had been extremely impressed with the warranties offered by the computer industry, and had in fact sent a bundle Below to the department that drew up the Immortal Soul agreements, with a yellow memo form attached just saying: "Learn, guys."
ayoeness is offline                         Send a private message to ayoeness
Old 12-07-2010, 09:42 AM   #290
Hiawata
Default Albion and Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrub View Post
Yeah, I completely agree !! Reasons:
1.- Similar characters
2.- At night, the forests glow like seen in Avatar.
3.- Aliens in Albion can "connect" and change thoughts and so on like in Avatar (in Albion they use a special point in their forehead, not their tail)
4.- I remember Albion´s world was connected in some way, not sure if similar as Avatar´s connection..
5.- James Cameron said he had the idea 15 years ago (or it was 14? ) which is the date when Albion come into the market.

TOO MANY AVATAR IDEAS BASED ON ALBION !!!
SOME SMALL SPOILERS

I've noticed it as well. Apart from the things that you mention, there is also:

1. Both Pandora and Nakiridaani are lush jungles.
2. One of the animals in Albion, the Krondir, also has the Trii, the organ for "connecting", and many animals on Pandora have their "connecting" organs.
3. The Na'vi have some carbon hard things in their body (can't remember quite what) and the Iskai have additional bone perturbations.
4. A human and an Iskai fall in love in Albion, and in Avatar a Na'vi and a human (in avatar form, though) fall in love.
5. There is a Goddess both in Avatar and in Albion.
6. The point of corporate greed.

There are innumerable differences as well, of course. Albion is a different world than Pandora (even Nakiridaani is), with some large cities, a different society, higher technology, has native humans, magic, which does not appear in Avatar (except if you count the animals attacking in the end as magic), etc.

I am not sure whether James Cameron played Albion. While some similarities are striking, the differences are as well. Besides, some of the similarities are common in story telling - jungles, corporate greed, colonization, cat people, conflict of cultures, fascination with glowing things, etc. So, in my opinion, either the similarities are a coincidence, or Cameron and Albion had a common inspiration - some book, an older movie...