Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16-12-2010, 10:17 AM   #11
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Thx OM for all the words, but that map is not the map I want.
By the way that map is the official map included in the box of the game originally, currently it is all over the net (on pages like gamefaqs.com).
On the other hand I want the full-detailed map with all 500 cadeaux and such. Maybe - but sadly I'm not sure - this version is included in the official guide, but until I'm not sure, I won't spend money on that.

Of course I know WHAT (and not who) is a loa, and the reason of caduex I know of. Currently though I could not use them still, I only have 74 cadeaux and 9 dark souls (I finished Cathedral of Pain for the first go).

Woot, a list of secrets hacked from the gamefiles! At least that's trustable!
I hope sooner or later we find what to write over to activate all of them.
Until that, I report when I find secrets - even if just for the location.

Now back to my mapping:
So, last time I said I reached Asylum, roamed around...
So, at the point you had to choose the correct shaft to fall in (interrestingly a little before that, on the yellow corridor is a locked door what will only be openable from the other side, so keep in mind for later), you immediatelly fall into a room, where you find the engineer-key. The problem with it, that it is guarded by a new type of pigmen: it has rifle. (Actually your first encounter should be a little earlier when finding a govi, but...) The problem is of course, that picking up a new equipment takes precious time, so you can end up by pure accident pretty damaged here.

Against rifle-wielding pigmen just stand still, charge your gun, and strafe whenever they shoot a blast. Easy. The horrible thing can be when you encounter one in a compound place - there take out a secondary weapon too, and blast the hell out of 'em!

Useful to know that if you kill an enemy with anything appart your shadow-gun, they don't leave life-bulbs for you.

I figured out "holster" too. Now the alt+weapon is absolutly uncomfortable, and with pressing Enter, you holster/draw out both items in your hands, so just use the enter-version whenever you want to holster something.
Holsetring makes entering the inventory too many times, otherwise useless.
The main use of holstering is, when you have to climb onto something. To move on it (like on ropes) you need both hands, but just to hang on the object, one hand is enough. One hand is also enough the pull yourself up on the platform you're hanging on.

Now the engineer key: it is a standard key, what opens doors inside the Asylum. The "button" you have to push with this, is some kinda orange machine, does the same as the large wooden buttons outside Asylum (in Deadside).
As it is only a key, it has no use as a weapon, and using it also not cost any mana.
Ah, and you CAN equip it in Liveside! (Just for the heck of it.)

Now when posessing the engineer key, do NOT go back right to the Asylum Gateway warppoint immediatelly, but discover everything inside the Aylum's main gate (what you can, and that won't take long).
Actually you'd need to warp back to the outer walls of Asylum, as you arrive to the Front Door via a passage too high inside the wall.
It is also unnecessary to warp back, because when reaching level 3, you will feel that your shadowgun DO gain power. Finally.
Also there will be right before you a train, what will carry you into Asylum's Cathedral of Pain.

CoP is a place of gortesque. It really has a horroric atmosphere if you ask me.
But here I've encountered another glitch: when I arrived with the train, the screen went unusable, everything started to blur into each other... The solution was to save the game, then reload that save. Then everything went back to normal.
Here you should first visit the sideways for some cadeaux, a dark soul, info... Sadly when you reach the Five in Deadside, no new video is coming.

Oh, by the way you'll geta warppoint here for your teddy.

You'll also find schism-gates, what are teleporters to the Five on Liveside. Choose one, I suggest Video Nasty Killer.
Immediatelly you arrive you can go back to Nettie and Jointy for a new video!

If you insist, you're allowed to have a nice chat with VNK, but you won't be able to harm him. But you'll be able to experience his fighting-style.
First: from far he uses granade-launcher (10mm attachment to his rifle).
Second: From far and middle he uses bullets. He has an M-15 machinegun (or something similar).
Third: if you get REALLY close, he draws out a rambo-knife!

Oh, and you can find first-aid kits in Liveside as repleacement of life-bulbs. Good to know.

NOW suggest I to go back and examine those leftover doors for 4 more cadeaux (with this you'll have 78 cadeaux). Do this before going to open level 3 Shadow Doors to not forget! (remember, there are 2 lvl3SDs in the Prophecy Chamber)

Oh, I don't know wether it has any use, or it is just a hint for the player, but at the room of the Home Improvement Killer (on Deadside) there is a SWITCH. As I only entered to VNK yet (and immediatelly ported out), I know not if it has any use, but it do lights up the ~shrine of HIK. And you can see furnitures of him...

EDIT: oh, another glitch I rmemebered after reading OM's posts: At a time I was standing on a slippy pipe, and I fell from it - into lava. In the middle of the fall I hit Esc, and tried to reload. the result was, that the game (and as there is no Alt+Tab the whole computer) forze.
Therefor if you are in the same situation, just suffer the death, and reload after it.

Last edited by twillight; 16-12-2010 at 07:23 PM. Reason: updated with minor data
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight