Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forum Games
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 07-12-2005, 09:45 PM   #331
Nikson
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Since we have rested, i've regained all my spells, rigth?
Correct.

The belt has a faint abjuration aura about it. No other item appears magical.
Nikson is offline                         Send a private message to Nikson
Old 09-12-2005, 10:51 AM   #332
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Since i sacrificed myself to open this chest, il take two pearls.
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 09-12-2005, 04:46 PM   #333
_raven

I think we all must have 20 gp (obviously), and the items should be divided in a way that everyone gets something (a pearl, the belt or the ring). Someone will have to wait until we find something else.
Of course that without Identify, we are risking ourselves to get something very usseles, but well.......
if you agree with me, i want the belt (OOC: LOL) .
_raven is offline                         Send a private message to _raven
Old 09-12-2005, 05:19 PM   #334
blastradius14
Abandonia Homie

(Now, be careful. Abjuration is a more common curse aura. This is because it alters the non-physical properties of something. Alteration modifies properties of things, like physically making you stronger. Illusion just makes it look like something else, though an illusion ring could be one of invisbility as well. Illusions, if powerful enough can be more dangerous than evocation spells. Evocation spells are mostly damage spells, like magic missle and fireball. Conjuration is summoning, like monster summon or some such. Divination is a scrying type magic, which reveals some form of information or state of the designated target. See invisible is a divination spell, as well as identify. Necromancy is the spellcasters link to the dead. Necromancy spells can be horror and lich/ghoul touch type spells. Nothing scares as well as the visage of the reaper...) (Did I miss any, Nikson?)

Taurgouz tells Jesse... You already have one magical item, rogue. Pearls are quite valuable, and anything else in this dungeon you are gonna have to forget about taking home with you.
blastradius14 is offline                         Send a private message to blastradius14
Old 09-12-2005, 11:44 PM   #335
Nikson
Game Wizzard

OOC: You missed Enchantment, which affects the minds and behavior of others. And tee hee hee, a classic greedy rogue. I'm loving it.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:25 AM   #336
blastradius14
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by TheChosen@Dec 9 2005, 06:51 AM
Since i sacrificed myself to open this chest, il take two pearls.
(Well, you wanted it opened just as much as any of us did, perhaps more. The pearls themselves can be worth more than the bag itself individually...)

Quote:
You missed Enchantment, which affects the minds and behavior of others.
Also can modify the magical enhancement properties of an item... but this takes a lot of magical skill to affect something for a long period of time.

Taurgouz wonders why Bakooza is so quiet.
blastradius14 is offline                         Send a private message to blastradius14
Old 10-12-2005, 12:31 AM   #337
Nikson
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally posted by blastradius14@Dec 10 2005, 11:25 AM
Quote:
You missed Enchantment, which affects the minds and behavior of others.
Also can modify the magical enhancement properties of an item... but this takes a lot of magical skill to affect something for a long period of time.
Actually no, that falls under Transmutation. The words "Enchant" and "Enhance" have different meanings.
Old 10-12-2005, 05:46 AM   #338
blastradius14
Abandonia Homie

Hmmm, you sure? Enchantment is supposed to be able to change the magical enchantment of a weapon, from say unenchanted to +1, and so on. Now, adding fire damage to the weapon or said item would be Transmutation, but thats a different property, not pure magic level. Of course, I wasn't really specifying, and that was my fault
Old 10-12-2005, 02:20 PM   #339
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Okay, how about if il take only one pearl?
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 10-12-2005, 03:27 PM   #340
Nikson
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally posted by blastradius14@Dec 10 2005, 04:46 PM
Hmmm, you sure? Enchantment is supposed to be able to change the magical enchantment of a weapon, from say unenchanted to +1, and so on. Now, adding fire damage to the weapon or said item would be Transmutation, but thats a different property, not pure magic level. Of course, I wasn't really specifying, and that was my fault
Trust me. I can list every Enchantment spell in the 3.5 D&D Player's Handbook if you want. They all have to do with altering characters' state of mind and/or behaviour.
All physical item/character/monster modifications and transformations fall under Transmutation.

A couple of examples:
Keen edge, Magic weapon, Flame arrow, Levitate, Owl's wisdom, Bull's strength, Shrink item, Enlarge person, Polymorph, Tenser's transformation, Etherial jaunt... these are all Transmutation spells.