Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 26-07-2005, 11:44 AM   #1
Randygland

Hi there,

At the end of the superb dosbox tutorial, a reference is made to an advanced tutorial for configuration and somthing about Dfend.

I couldn't find a link to these tutorials though, only to the basic one.

Specifically I wanted to find out how to configure my Joypad;s so that I could play games like xwing using the buttons to shoot, switch target and maintain sheilds.. For example, the dosbox finds my joypads fine (something i was very pleasantly surprised about) as they are ps2 joypads plugged into a usb adaptor...

However, whilst I can manouver my ship in xwing, none of the buttons do anything like shooting, so i have to use the stick to move and enter on the keyboard to fire...

Can I configure the joypad in the advanced configuration of dosbox? and if so HOW!?

Many thanks, and keep up the good work... I am well enjoying playing my old favourites again!.

Old 26-07-2005, 11:50 AM   #2
Data
retired

uhm you can't configure it at the moment. (0.63)
and do remember that gamepads in dosbox have only 2 buttons.

Old 01-08-2005, 05:56 PM   #3
blastradius14
Abandonia Homie

First, calibrate it in windows.
Then, make sure the game you are playing sets "Joystick" or "Gamepad" or something similar
Then, if the game itself has a joystick calibration utility, run THAT with dosbox before running the game. Often the games themselves allow you to change what buttons can be used.

I play several games with dos box that use all 10 buttons on my USB Gravis Gamepad Pro. Don't know what you are talking about Data :blink:
blastradius14 is offline                         Send a private message to blastradius14
Old 01-08-2005, 06:50 PM   #4
Data
retired

you didn't map those to keys ?
as joysticks in dos only had 2 buttons. you could get 4 if you borrowed 2 from the other joystick. But 10 isn't possiible

Old 01-08-2005, 07:22 PM   #5
blastradius14
Abandonia Homie

Well, it seems to like the four buttons on the right for Tyrian 2000. But thats just the beginning of it. Other games, like Crusader: No Regret/Remorse use more than 2 buttons. Of course, this is a Gamepad, not a joystick. I have a Gravis Blackhawk Digital that I could see if it gets multiple buttons.
blastradius14 is offline                         Send a private message to blastradius14
Old 24-08-2005, 11:13 AM   #6
Randygland

Ok, really like some help with Xwing specifically... How do you make it so that the firebuttons on the joystick/joypad actually fire the guns,,, at the moment i have to use the stick to control and enter on the keyboard to fire! :-(