Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting > Troubleshooting Archive
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 30-04-2007, 05:08 PM   #1
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

some people have problems when running .com or .bat files on vista. when the application tries to switch to full screen mode, few smashes upon their keyboard and the following error appears:

"This system does not support fullscreen mode. Choose "close" to terminate the application."

some people reported that also dosbox causes them those troubles.

there are 2 known way to solve the problem (if you know some more, tell us=)

▓▒░1st. if you get the error, you must use Vista's "Standart VGA Graphics Adapter" video driver instead of your current one.
to do so..
╠ right click your desktop► choose "personalise" from the menu
╠ choose "display settings"► "monitor" tab► click "advanced settings"
╠ click "adapter" tab► "properties"► "driver" tab► click "update driver"
╠ "browse my computer for driver software"► choose "let me pick a list of device drivers on my computer"
╚ in "the select driver" list, scroll down to "standart VGA graphics adapter", highlight it and click next.

IF your monitor goes blank, wait 5 min, power down your computer and restart it normally.
if it doesnt, wait til the driver is installed; 'close' and 'ok' the windows.
you might need to restart your computer..so restart it

if you want to get your old drivers back, follow the procedure, but let your windows automatically install the software for your system instead of browsing in the drivers list

▓▒░2nd. Captain Primate also told us that when you use D-Fend, there arnt such a problems
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Captain Primate @ Apr 29 2007, 06:11 PM) [snapback]288814[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
hey folks - for those of you who were wondering how I solved this problem...I used D-Fend. Its a GUI frontend to DosBox, is very user friendly (no command like shenanigans), and works just fine on Vista.

Check it out at:

http://members.home.nl/mabus/
[/b]

Last edited by _r.u.s.s.; 02-12-2007 at 04:49 PM.
_r.u.s.s. is offline                         Send a private message to _r.u.s.s.
Old 30-04-2007, 05:26 PM   #2
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Regarding #2: Users should note that certain games suffer from abnormal behavior (read: randomly crash or refuse to run altogether) when ran with the D-Fend frontend.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Closed Thread