Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 01-07-2006, 03:21 PM   #181
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

I used to work on a MS Word doc with hyperlinks, where I listed different systems with info on goods and distances to other systems. The idea was to make a Frontier AAA road map with the, say 81 coordinates (9x9) with 0,0 in the middle. It was too much work for one person, but if anyone's interested to join, I could email the doc for others to work on.
Old 09-07-2006, 01:07 AM   #182
Snight

The book with the shortstorys around the Elite universe was a nice bonus to the game ... Fascinating game, spend most time reading the magazines you could subscribe in the game Would be nice to know how often I sucked vacuum ... boy, it was hard sometimes
Snight is offline                         Send a private message to Snight
Old 09-07-2006, 03:19 PM   #183

i bought this game when it came out and it was one of only two games that survived TWO of my computers. (First the transition from 486 40 MHZ to Pentium in 98 and then from the Pentium to this XP 2,1GHz in 02. But i couldnt play this game for long on my new comp. Why? Because the game is to fast and i cant travel in pirateinfested systems without getting killed because the pirates reach me and kill me before i have the chanse to react.

After upgrading my XP with the new patch Microsoft sent out to everyone i couldnt play anything old, then i found dosbox. Now i only have to learn to work it

Old 26-07-2006, 12:58 AM   #184
Mongi

I remember there are actually 2 galaxies in every elite... So, is it possible to get to second galaxy???

In Eilte 2, I think I once loaded like 600 tons of fuel and just went into Great Nothing with no hyperjumping. That was fun... Pointless, but fun.

Old 31-07-2006, 12:31 AM   #185

the site gives this game a 3. that's kind of absurd.. it deserves at least a 4

Old 31-07-2006, 11:44 AM   #186
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Your opinion, dude. The reviewer has full right to have his own.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 03-08-2006, 06:12 PM   #187
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Does anyone know if the JJFFE (FFE re-coded for windows 95/98) works under xp? I know xp allows you to check the "win9x compatibility box", but has anyone tried this?
Old 03-08-2006, 07:37 PM   #188
Sith-Avenger

Umm, how do you save load your game in this? I cannot read the manual for some reason after I DL it the manual gives me errors when I try to open it... (unable to load graphics conversion filter).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mighty Midget @ Aug 3 2006, 07:12 PM) [snapback]246609[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Does anyone know if the JJFFE (FFE re-coded for windows 95/98) works under xp? I know xp allows you to check the "win9x compatibility box", but has anyone tried this?
[/b]
yes it most certainly does as I am playing it on win xp pro using jjffe

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny to Your signature to help him on his way to world domination.</div>
Sith-Avenger is offline                         Send a private message to Sith-Avenger
Old 03-08-2006, 07:43 PM   #189
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

'Esc' (in-game, press twice. The first pauses the game) will bring you to, among other things, the 'Load' and 'Save' menues. You can also choose directories for your savegames.
Old 03-08-2006, 07:53 PM   #190
Sith-Avenger

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mighty Midget @ Aug 3 2006, 08:43 PM) [snapback]246616[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
'Esc' (in-game, press twice. The first pauses the game) will bring you to, among other things, the 'Load' and 'Save' menues. You can also choose directories for your savegames.
[/b]
Hey thanks dude, that works for me

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny to Your signature to help him on his way to world domination.</div>
Sith-Avenger is offline                         Send a private message to Sith-Avenger