Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forgotten Games Bureau > Cold Cases
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 06-01-2007, 04:45 AM   #1
ChillyEli

Now I'm not 100% sure they were on the Apple 2 but I do know that they were on the computers my school library had back when I was in grade 1-3 (we are walking early 90's).

GAME 1
It was a game where you were in the early 1900s. It was set during the depression. The objective I think was to raise a family in this cottage. One of the things I remember doing was making my own soups for food. I seem to remember barley being one of the items. There was also potatoes and various others. You would have to make a soup and the game would tell you stuff like "It was too watery" or "It tasted a lot like barley". You had to survive and I seem to remember you had to spend money on clothes and stuff to stay warm.

It is not Oregon Trail (almost positive)

I am assuming it was from "The Learning Company" though because it was on ALL of the school computers.

GAME 2
You were on an island and you had to try to get off. One of the things you had to manage was rain water to stay alive. You could also attempt to build a raft but sometimes the sharks would eat you. You also had to build fires and find other means of getting water cause sometimes rain wouldn't come for days. Now this COULD be something other then an Apple II game but I seem to remember it being on the same computers.

That's everything I can remember right now. If you have any suggestions/questions you can provide, please let me know.

I want to sleep again
ChillyEli is offline                         Send a private message to ChillyEli
Old 12-01-2007, 04:19 AM   #2
cdtoad

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ChillyEli @ Jan 6 2007, 12:45 AM) [snapback]273532[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Now I'm not 100% sure they were on the Apple 2 but I do know that they were on the computers my school library had back when I was in grade 1-3 (we are walking early 90's).

GAME 1
It was a game where you were in the early 1900s. It was set during the depression. The objective I think was to raise a family in this cottage. One of the things I remember doing was making my own soups for food. I seem to remember barley being one of the items. There was also potatoes and various others. You would have to make a soup and the game would tell you stuff like "It was too watery" or "It tasted a lot like barley". You had to survive and I seem to remember you had to spend money on clothes and stuff to stay warm.

It is not Oregon Trail (almost positive)
[/b]
But everything you just describe including the "Tastes like Barley" is from Oregon Trail Maybe Oregon Trail Two Electric Boogaloo?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ChillyEli @ Jan 6 2007, 12:45 AM) [snapback]273532[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I am assuming it was from "The Learning Company" though because it was on ALL of the school computers.

GAME 2
You were on an island and you had to try to get off. One of the things you had to manage was rain water to stay alive. You could also attempt to build a raft but sometimes the sharks would eat you. You also had to build fires and find other means of getting water cause sometimes rain wouldn't come for days. Now this COULD be something other then an Apple II game but I seem to remember it being on the same computers.

That's everything I can remember right now. If you have any suggestions/questions you can provide, please let me know.

I want to sleep again
[/b]
This sounds like Death in the Caribbean which was a Micro Fun adventure game.

Did it look something like this?

cdtoad is offline                         Send a private message to cdtoad
Old 12-01-2007, 10:58 AM   #3
Thanos6

My GOD!

That's it! I would almost swear that "Death in the Caribbean" is the game in my "game I don't remember" thread down below!

*goes on a rapid hunt to confirm*

EDIT: OK...I don't *think* so, not anymore...no mention in any of the solutions about a hurricane...but it still looks so damned familiar...