Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 28-08-2007, 11:24 PM   #11
WolverineDK
Game Wizzard

Perhaps Breakout was heavily influenced, and inspired by Pong. But, Breakout made its own genre which Arkanoid and Electranoid are part of. But still Breakout isn´t Pong, but it has probably derived from that game And I haven´t said anything bad about the game, or the review.

But it looks like, I am wrong about my assumption, that Breakout isn´t a single player Pong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breakout

But still, I would not call it Pong. But since so many early games, can either be said. They derived from Pong, or were the first games in their own genre, then it is very interesting reading about it.
WolverineDK is offline                         Send a private message to WolverineDK
Old 29-08-2007, 04:30 PM   #12
Fruit Pie Jones
Now 50% Descriptivist!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sebatianos @ Aug 28 2007, 05:35 PM) [snapback]307396[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Hey there's a difference between "perfectly OK" and "OK, it's perfect" Anyway, nice to see you again FPJ. If this game brought you back, then the review was even more successful then hoped for.
[/b]
Heh heh, it wasn't this game that brought me back; I discovered a few days ago that I can suddenly access this site from work. I couldn't for a long time because it was blocked by our firewall/web filter/proxy server. I don't know what changed, but if it stays like this, I'll be around a lot more often. What did I miss?
Old 30-08-2007, 07:23 AM   #13
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

A lot of things

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 31-08-2007, 05:18 PM   #14

havent played the game but it reminded me of dx-ball but this is definitely older than many breakout clones for windows.

Old 31-08-2007, 07:02 PM   #15
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

This game is ... OLD??? It's 90s man, it's practically still new if compared to early pong, breakout and arkanoid clones
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 31-08-2007, 07:18 PM   #16

i think it's nice, but it's sooo slow!!! why isn't it possible to skip all the "preparations" when you enter a level? it's so annoying that i stopped playing at level10 though i really liked the game (though i still think arkanoid is better i loved the boss levels! )

Old 01-09-2007, 03:28 PM   #17
Luchsen
Lurking Forever

Hold Shift (and read the instructions ).