Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old Suggestions
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 10-09-2007, 07:15 AM   #51
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

I was aware of the issue since Friday, except I didn't have time to do anything about it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(_r.u.s.s. @ Sep 7 2007, 05:22 PM) [snapback]309531[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
i dont get it, verifiability about what?! about the orgin of the site? about the information that we host abandonware games?
[/b]
Wikipedia requires you to prove the notability of article subjects with sources that qualify under its verifiability and reliability policies. Blogs and forums are not considered as such.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(David86 @ Sep 7 2007, 05:25 PM) [snapback]309532[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I really dunno, maybe because it isn't updated regularly
[/b]
Nope, regularity of updating does not affect it none.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lulu_Jane @ Sep 10 2007, 04:39 AM) [snapback]309963[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Is Fifth the only member with a wiki account?
[/b]
No, and I don't see any valid reason why so few of us are registered. Wikipedia is free and open to newcomers - so feel welcome to register (or not - anonymous editing is possible on most pages) and contribute to the article (or any other about a subject you are interested in).

Quote:
The time is running guys [/b]
Tick-tock. Pointing them to our press archive should shut the AfD case down due to the original reason becoming invalid.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 10-09-2007, 07:26 AM   #52
Icewolf
Il Lupone

Send a message via ICQ to Icewolf

Wait a minute. We need a referece to some source that allowes us to exist?! :blink:

There's no prosposion for deletion on the german site.

Maybe someone just wants to throw dirt at us?

And why would we not be real, reliable, traceable and worth the documentation?! WE ARE ABANDONIA!
There is an article for p3n1s enlargement FFS!!!! :ranting:
Old 10-09-2007, 07:28 AM   #53
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Hmmm Fifth: About what Ice here says... maybe look into what that vandal's been up to lately. If you have been causing him trouble, he might very well feel like paying some of that back. Just a thought.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:06 AM   #54
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Sep 10 2007, 09:15 AM) [snapback]309981[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(_r.u.s.s. @ Sep 7 2007, 05:22 PM) [snapback]309531[/snapback]
Quote:
i dont get it, verifiability about what?! about the orgin of the site? about the information that we host abandonware games?
[/b]
Wikipedia requires you to prove the notability of article subjects with sources that qualify under its verifiability and reliability policies. Blogs and forums are not considered as such.[/b][/quote]
wait, you mean, if i have a site- i would be the owner(like kosta here) and it wasnt in any newspapers or anything, i cant make an article about my own site, telling what is it about?
Old 10-09-2007, 09:12 AM   #55
Dave
Mandolin & Spaghetti Soldier

Does Kosta knows about this problem?
Pm sent.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:03 AM   #56
Abi79
Home Sweet Abandonia

Send a message via Yahoo to Abi79

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(_r.u.s.s. @ Sep 10 2007, 12:06 PM) [snapback]310024[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Sep 10 2007, 09:15 AM) [snapback]309981[/snapback]
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(_r.u.s.s. @ Sep 7 2007, 05:22 PM) [snapback]309531[/snapback]
Quote:
[/b]
Wikipedia requires you to prove the notability of article subjects with sources that qualify under its verifiability and reliability policies. Blogs and forums are not considered as such.[/b][/quote]
wait, you mean, if i have a site- i would be the owner(like kosta here) and it wasnt in any newspapers or anything, i cant make an article about my own site, telling what is it about? [/b][/quote]No, you can't, because they say your website is not important enough. They say same the same about Abandonia.
Abi79 is offline                         Send a private message to Abi79
Old 10-09-2007, 10:07 AM   #57
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

oh like that :blink: i understand now
Old 10-09-2007, 11:24 AM   #58
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(_r.u.s.s. @ Sep 10 2007, 11:06 AM) [snapback]310024[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
wait, you mean, if i have a site- i would be the owner(like kosta here) and it wasnt in any newspapers or anything, i cant make an article about my own site, telling what is it about?
[/b]
You can't. Besides, that would be something of a conflict of interest - as the owner you'd have problems to write the article from a neutral POV.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(David86 @ Sep 10 2007, 11:12 AM) [snapback]310027[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Does Kosta knows about this problem?
[/b]
Not his problem, really. Even if the article got deleted, we'd always have Deletion Review to ask for undeletion.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(_r.u.s.s. @ Sep 10 2007, 12:07 PM) [snapback]310034[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
oh like that :blink: i understand now
[/b]
On the other hand, if there were some articles about the hypothetical site either in press or online (with exception of blogs/forums), it could qualify. It's all about the subject matter gaining a small degree of recognition in media.

Quote:
Hmmm Fifth: About what Ice here says... maybe look into what that vandal's been up to lately. If you have been causing him trouble, he might very well feel like paying some of that back. Just a thought.[/b]
He's not a vandal, as far as I can tell. A vandal would act in a completely different manner.
I think he's just a normal Wikipedian who was looking for articles that should be fixed or deleted and came over AB's by accident. It happens that when you're doing a mass cleanup run one or two articles may be nominated without major point to it.
The lack of references for the article's notability was an oversight on our side, however, and one that should have been fixed earlier.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 10-09-2007, 04:40 PM   #59
Dave
Mandolin & Spaghetti Soldier

There isn't our name on "Abandonware" article, maybe this could help too
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abandonware
Old 10-09-2007, 09:46 PM   #60
Romano
Ye Olde Anarchist

Added 5 references, old invalid references moved to notes.

Merged articles Abandonia and Abandonia Reloaded.

Problem solved.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Art...d_nomination%29
Romano is offline                         Send a private message to Romano