Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 02-01-2006, 08:59 PM   #31
Guest_Matt

This is one of my favorite games ever! It never gets old! In response to an earlier post about why this game hasnt been re-made, i've been thinking the same thing for years. I've even been trying to re-make the damn thing in qbasic, and now in visual basic, with music videos and all kinds of stuff but i suck so I suppose i'll just have to keep playing this. Rock manager is a pretty fun game if you like Rockstar, it's not as fun, but at least you can record songs and hear the music.

Old 02-01-2006, 11:56 PM   #32
punch999
The true Shadow President

Can you provide a link to it?
punch999 is offline                         Send a private message to punch999
Old 30-01-2006, 09:54 PM   #33
Guest_kylaar

Yes, I've enjoyed playing this game for a while. One thing annoys me is when you become a megastar (I think thats the one), and popularity decreases for no apparent reason. Also, you can't tour, because that also makes popularity go down. It hasn't happened only a few times, so I try to save those games where I can make it to the top with popularity in-tact.

Old 01-05-2006, 08:44 PM   #34

I found that once I got to being a rockstar (which was where the shareware version ended), time would always be running out for me as the game basically forces drugs on you at this point, and heroin will get out of hand very fast. No amount of refusing drugs, setting drug habits as low as possible and doing rehab when given the option would keep my character from dying not long after.

Still, fun while it lasts.

Old 12-05-2006, 11:49 AM   #35
wilecoyote666

This was one of my favorite games back in the day. I'd stay up late after a night out partying playing this. I had been looking for it for again for years and can't wait to play. I didn't want to mess with dos emulators so I got an old pc and installed dos. When I brought the game up I was thrilled to start participating in behaviours I gave up years ago.

Old 16-05-2006, 05:43 AM   #36
Sauvastika

I can only get megastar status on the easiest setting, and even then, my gigs turn to toal crap and I ended relying solely on European record sales after achieving rockstar status. It was kinda weird; Local, U.K, and America had absolutely no fan feedback meter while Europe was full.
Sauvastika is offline                         Send a private message to Sauvastika
Old 16-05-2006, 05:58 AM   #37
Aristharus
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via MSN to Aristharus

Have you changed the names of the other bands? I'm not sure, but I have a feeling it can mess the game up. I had the same problem a while back, every now and then the other fan feedback meters went to 0 but one, and sometimes all of them went down, and they never came up, even if I was throwing good gigs there.

Another thing I noticed every time this happened was that none of my records would ever get published. The status on the album list changed to "due out now" when it was about to be out, but it never came out.

I reinstalled the game and left the other band names untouched, after that it has been working fine.
Old 21-06-2006, 07:24 PM   #38

Grr I keep commiting suicide, can't seem to save either.
Pretty cool though

Old 06-07-2006, 01:42 AM   #39
Gorgonos

I remember playing a game where you were a musician and each round was a day, where you could even beg for money, try to find musicians, a girfriend etc etc I had played the shareware version of it about 3 years ago, and now I cannot even remember the name of it.... Anyone got any idea?

Old 10-07-2006, 12:25 AM   #40
Davids

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gorgonos @ Jul 6 2006, 01:42 AM) [snapback]241775[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I remember playing a game where you were a musician and each round was a day, where you could even beg for money, try to find musicians, a girfriend etc etc I had played the shareware version of it about 3 years ago, and now I cannot even remember the name of it.... Anyone got any idea?
[/b]
I think I played that game. If someone could find the title I'd apprecitate it