Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 01-12-2008, 05:11 PM   #121
sgtboat
Resident Redneck

Cool manual

you can also get it from www.replacementdocs.com

GO ARMY BEAT NAVY
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."-George Orwell
"The price of freedom is the blood of Patriots"-Thomas Paine
Support You're Countries Veterans
:akimbo:
sgtboat is offline                         Send a private message to sgtboat
Old 24-06-2009, 11:44 PM   #122
Vagabundus
Default Laying rails problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest_John View Post
im still having trouble building the rails

im doing the shift + numeric pad numbers and no go.
This is a very old thread, but I just started playing and finally figured out the problem with building rails.

The process needs a lot of attempts using different combos until you succeed at laying the first few tracks. After that, it works as advertised (Shft-Numpad)

I generally will go through a number of different combos of shift/arrow keys (not numpad keys)/enter/caplock/???

I haven't found a pattern except that
(1) it never works the first time starting a session,
(2) my first successful tracks are always from the arrow keys (not numpad),
(3) it helps to go back and forth over already-laid track--you'll see a slight shift in the screen when the keys start working,
(4) once I get it working, it works with no problems for the entire game session.

Don't give up, it will eventually work and the game is worth it.

Old 19-01-2010, 06:32 PM   #123
Phreeze_lu
Forum hobbit

the manual link is stil wrong and links to the whole game, not including a manual:
http://www.abandonia.com/files/extra...oon_Manual.zip is the link for the manual,allthough there is no manual
Phreeze_lu is offline                         Send a private message to Phreeze_lu
Old 02-09-2010, 09:09 PM   #124
godmaker
Default the best game ever

same. i spend 100000000 hours when i was children and i learned the old cities on the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaberg View Post
This is absolutely one of the best games ever made. I have used countless hours on it. Great job guys k:

Old 31-05-2011, 10:11 AM   #125
Wicky
the little viking

I remember building passenger/mail stations very, very far apart from each other, because then you could get the maximum profit.
To calculate the ticket price of a passenger take the distance of 2 towns, and divide by the time the travel takes. Now think, a train must accellerate a long time until it goes at max speed, and likewise break at the destination. The average speed of the train is much higher than on a short track, and the income loss from accellerating/breaking is less.
Therefore you earn lots of cash when you transport passengers from distant cities such as Moscow to Barcelona non-stop.
Old 31-05-2011, 07:28 PM   #126
Tom Smith
Default Laptop + NumLock

Anybody who still has problems with laying tracks on a laptop without extra keypad can try TSRUP available from www.vitsoft.info. This is a sample TSR program (available with source code) that regularly sets numlock on. Works for me on a Lenovo T410. Be careful, though, as numlock will _always_ be on when using this TSR. To avoid unwanted tracks I use the mouse to navigate around and use the numpad only when laying tracks.
-Tom

Old 02-08-2011, 01:48 PM   #127
Dias
Default bug fun

another nice bug: you may play the game without own rails (almost). just build 1 piece of track whereever you want, otherwise the gamespeed will stay zero. when other opponent apppear, place the cursor on their track, build a signaltower first, second upgrade it to terminal or station. build a second station at the same piece of the opponets track. build a train then an run your service. the procedure can be repeated as often as you like. you may even exceed the station limit this way, but mysterious effects on passenger-city-belongings will appear. you may also use the siganl tower method to build stations very close to other stations of yourself or of the opponents.
p.s. - the 1 piece of track you may remove (but you can never again build track then)

Old 04-08-2011, 08:25 AM   #128
Dias+

you may also cross opponents stations without rate war if you shrink the shared station into a signaltower

Old 16-09-2011, 01:08 PM   #129
mjdvgamerking

i downloaded this back in 2009 from here, i was not able to create any rail tracks other than the one we get at start as default, anybody else had that problem...
mjdvgamerking is offline                         Send a private message to mjdvgamerking
Old 13-03-2012, 01:08 AM   #130
tristanzz
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjdvgamerking View Post
i downloaded this back in 2009 from here, i was not able to create any rail tracks other than the one we get at start as default, anybody else had that problem...
Shift + Numpad arrow keys, and make sure NumLock is OFF in order to make them function as actual arrow keys.

For my part, I'd kind of like some explanation and help with how to set up the signal towers. You could double-track everything, but it's expensive, and I'd really like to know how to do something the best way possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtboat View Post
you can also get it from www.replacementdocs.com
There's the manual for Railroad Tycoon Deluxe, yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreeze_lu View Post
the manual link is stil wrong and links to the whole game, not including a manual:
http://www.abandonia.com/files/extra...oon_Manual.zip is the link for the manual,allthough there is no manual
In case it wasn't clear already, the manual is missing...

This good gentleman purported kindly to host the manual on his user page. But he is now banned. Clearly, the b&hammer swinger didn't play Railroad Tycoon
tristanzz is offline                         Send a private message to tristanzz