Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 18-01-2005, 08:53 PM   #61
Unknown Hero
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by mouse31e@Jan 17 2005, 10:07 AM
One of my favourites is Discworld 2

where Rincewind is walking home drunk and has to defuse the bomb but gets it wrong and blows the fools guild up! Fantastic! LOL :roflol: :roflol: LOL
Did you try to turn on subtitles?
First line goes something like this: "oooooooooiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaa I knew a farmer, and I knew him well...." :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:
Unknown Hero is offline                         Send a private message to Unknown Hero
Old 19-01-2005, 11:18 PM   #62
LuckyLlama

I'd have to say the intro to Empire Earth. Watching the different means of war progressing through the ages... I love watching it in a darkened room with the sound cranked up!
LuckyLlama is offline                         Send a private message to LuckyLlama
Old 21-01-2005, 08:48 AM   #63
Mats
Abandonia nerd

One intro that I like is the intro to Grim Fandango and also the intro to the first level of Command & Conquer: Renegade (I know it's not really a game intro, more a level intro, but it's good). Where Recon one becomes attacked and calls back to base: We are under attack, request immediate reinforcements. And the base answears: Hang in there Recon one, We're sending you a commando.

It gave me the chills the first time i played it, because it made you feel superior that they would send you instead of a unit with tanks.

///MJ
Mats is offline                         Send a private message to Mats
Old 23-01-2005, 04:46 PM   #64
Allen
Abandonia nerd

The best intro has to be for Another World/Out of this World. You know about as much what's going on as the character.
Allen is offline                         Send a private message to Allen
Old 24-01-2005, 02:21 PM   #65
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

When Another World came out, intro was something out of this world (get it, AW an out of this world )

In the name of the world, did you all forget Bioforge? I think that intro was definately one of the best. My friend and I watched it over and over again.

I liked C&C a lot, but I liked the best that movie in NOD campaign before returning to Egypt I think, when you receive Flame thank. Kane is playing Chess with himslef and present yoy Flame Tank - animation was great!

You already mentioned DOTT and Sam&Max. Lucasarts had real good intros (Dark Forces, Tie Fighters)

I have to mention Quarantine, well it's not like intro. When I first played it with my friend, we started the game for 10 times. There was some company introduction with some strange head and three tones incredibly clear. And then, you see burning fire and straight simple sound, incredibly clear wich gave us the thrills. Can't really explain.

Leasure Suit Larry3 - 6 (in 3rd part I think phonecell comes out in the middle of jungle, that almost killed me), Simon the Sorrcerer 2, Lands of Lore 2, Warcraft 2 & 3, Diablo, HL..................

and at the end Master of Magic:
- Old man, you seek the spell of mastery.
- You have come too late. My work has already met this spell.
- If that is the true, then your work must stop!
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river