Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 30-04-2006, 06:18 PM   #1
ReamusLQ
Home Sweet Abandonia

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

Last edited by Luchsen; 25-01-2008 at 03:56 PM.
ReamusLQ is offline                         Send a private message to ReamusLQ
Old 30-04-2006, 10:03 PM   #2
Arendil

Although crack is enough to start this game, it seems that it is not possible to load saved game... :not_ok: ...codes anyone?...or other solution?...
TIA.

Old 04-05-2006, 11:08 AM   #3
Raasted
Abandonia nerd

If that is true I feel I've done a poor job reviewing it - I played the game straight for 6 hours, and felt I had a good feeling of the game, so I didn't try to load my game again......well - hope it's just a malfunction on your computer (that sounded rather mean - sorry).....Fight on! k:

/Raasted
Raasted is offline                         Send a private message to Raasted
Old 06-05-2006, 07:39 PM   #4

You can get around the problem with the crack (for a while) by starting a new game, quickly making a single character and beginning a new party, then reloading your old game.

But after a few hours of game play, I have found that the crack fails. Whenever I restore my games the game accuses me of piracy (I guess that's kind of true), renames all of my characters "pirate", takes away everything, and essentially makes the game unplayable. This happened with one saved game; I reloaded an earlier saved game, but it happens to that one too now.

The piracy message reads: "Steel.exe CRC failure" and then some more about piracy. Reinstalling the game from the zip file does not fix the problem.

Suggestions? I would suggest taking the game off the download list (it feels like quite a few hours of wasted time once the game fails), finding a manual, or fixing the crack.

Old 07-05-2006, 04:00 AM   #5
Guest_zyzzle

This crack problem is *very* annoying!! It seems that if any of your attributes goes beyond 180 in a saved game, the game refuses to load your saved game! Under 180 is fine.... This is a very devious hacking detect routing.

Where can I find a fully and *properly* cracked version of this great game?? I've looked all over the net... All versions are as badly cracked as this one!

Old 08-05-2006, 01:32 AM   #6

The 180 limit seems to hold for a while, but my saved games still started doing the piracy crash thing even when I held the skills at 180 or below (at 180 seemed to work okay). Maybe it is linked to getting too far in the game or too much experience, etc. Oh well.

Old 08-05-2006, 11:52 AM   #7
Raasted
Abandonia nerd

It does look like a very unstable game when it comes to the save/load-function.....I havn't found any solution - except luck :crazy:

/Raasted
Raasted is offline                         Send a private message to Raasted
Old 08-05-2006, 03:53 PM   #8
Antonio

I've spent hours searching for the proper version, but no luck - this is the one and only pc release of this game, badly cracked and unplayable.

Years ago I played it on my atari ST, spend countless hours on it, because this game had a few intersting features, for example ability to conquer and manage provinces of the isle or detailed combat system (called shots and critical shots).

Old 09-05-2006, 02:31 PM   #9
Arendil

Still no luck...searching internet doesn't help...I'm afraid the only possible solution now is finding manual...somewhere......or we can still try to guess codes in non-cracked version... :crazy: ...

Old 09-05-2006, 03:54 PM   #10
Idea guy

Anyone out there good at cracking games, or fixing this one? I'm no hexeditor, but maybe the giveaway code is in the .SAV files or .CHR files and can be erased or changed, or maybe it can be erased from STEEL.EXE? Or are the answers to the copyright in there (although this wouldn't fix saved games made so far).

We need a 1990's programmer!