Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 27-06-2009, 02:44 AM   #1
Fubb
GreatCanadianMan

Default UnReal World

TheChosen, i think ill need your help! I was finally able to purchase this game (a while back actually) but need help with things;

first of all: HOW DO I BUILD A CABIN IN THE WOODS?

I need to survive! the spot i've chosen is by a lake, just a short walk from a village. I'm their ruler. They don't know it yet, but i own the village [/Caesar]

Anyways, point is, i dont know what too do! I have some food, a crossbow, some throwing knives, good clothing, a couple of rocks, a slim tree trunk, and a large tree trunk, but i dont know how to like, build thingies, such as tools. i also need to make hammers

Another thing, theirs another hunter/warrior in the area, i already had a run in, i saw him but booked it, hid, and managed to escape, but im worried he's still in the area! Im goona need to be able to fight him, eventually, but first i need food, and shelter, i need to know how to make traps, and whatnot too.

Also, the village near me isn't very good, all it is is a dairy village, theirs no blacksmith or anything, so i cant get weapons, and no one will give me food nor water. i also want to go venturing off to find more villages, but i'd need camping material! things too make tents, so on....

so yea, get back to me! Anyone that knows this game!

DUN duuuunnnn dudududududun SPLOOSH duuunnnnn

We ate the horse.

Last edited by Fubb; 27-06-2009 at 04:05 PM.
Fubb is offline                         Send a private message to Fubb
Old 27-06-2009, 06:18 AM   #2
angry axe
O for Awesome

raid the village and then when the villagers hire a merrcenary army tell them you own the village so they work for you and the go to the warrior dudes mothers house and ask politely to see him. But seriously now from FAQ:
Q: Where do I build?
A: Well most of this is personal preference. Always build near some sort of body of water especially if you like to fish. A popular location is an island. Islands protect from forest fires but they also trap creatures there. On land if a bear enters your home square it will eventually just leave, on an island this is not possible.

Q: I've got my contruction hat on and I'm ready. Now what?
A: Try to clear out a 4X4 square area so you have a nice area to work with. Fence off the entire area and do not use gates anywhere in the fence. The reason you are making a fence is because you don't want any friendly person picking up stuff you drop and you don't want to have your house built and then have to leave because raiders invade you. Gates are not needed because perople can open them defeating the purpose. Gates are only to be used in housing animals. Now make sure you have a LOT of stored food and water nearby since you will need it unless you plan on doing work on your house very very slowly. Do not try to start the groundworks of your house. First, make yourself a shelter since this will take a long time and then cut down every big tree you see and turn the trunks into logs. you need about 70. Put the logs next to the building site and then hit the build a cottage button inside the make menu (the storeroom-just storage sauna- in my opinion is just worse than a cottage). The groundwork should have formed. The area you are in is now classified as a settlement and the encounter rate for this square increases a lot. This is why you shouldn't build the groundwork first. Continue building until the house is finished and now you have a warm place to be safe. Remember, the fence is key. Even if you build on an island that seems like no one will ever get to build a fence. People and animals will always find a way to get to your settlement.
"war has changed. its no longer about nations ideologies or ethnicity, its an endless series of proxy battles fought by mercenaries and machines. War, and its consumption of life - has become a well oiled machine" - Solid Snake

Last edited by angry axe; 27-06-2009 at 06:37 AM.
angry axe is offline                         Send a private message to angry axe
Old 27-06-2009, 04:04 PM   #3
Fubb
GreatCanadianMan

yes but hooow do i build Like how do you make tools and what not, and whats the actualy command?

DUN duuuunnnn dudududududun SPLOOSH duuunnnnn

We ate the horse.
Fubb is offline                         Send a private message to Fubb