Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 22-04-2006, 07:45 AM   #31
LostSoul
Lurker

I still cant get that cheat to work! aghhhhh!! I've been trying for 15 years, ever since I first got this annoying game for my Atari ST!!

I see the picture showing the exact position in the mirror but I can't seem to get into that EXACT position! Any help? Did anyone actually ever get this cheat to work??

I always wanted to get further into this game and see some of the other screens (Only saw fairground, desert & garden) but it doesn't look like I ever will. If someone could take some screenshots of further levels and email them to me that would be much appreciated!
LostSoul is offline                         Send a private message to LostSoul
Old 21-05-2006, 04:04 PM   #32
whatshisface
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via AIM to whatshisface Send a message via Yahoo to whatshisface

no logic to be found in this game, walkthrough please!!!
whatshisface is offline                         Send a private message to whatshisface
Old 16-10-2006, 06:52 PM   #33
Wanderer

Well, I'm still there, locked inside the first stages of the game, in the desert with the flying fishes over the head of the character. I've never been able to use the code to obtain infinite lives. It seems there isn't a way to make it works: it seems that only the recent games could allow you to use tricks and codes.
Anyway, recently I've seen Mirromask, a new movie directed by Dave McKean and written by him and Neil Gaiman, the author of Sandman and I discovered that they stolen the idea of the flying fishes from this game!!!!! It's incredible how this bizarre and impossible game has influenced the imagination of so many people in the last two decades!

Old 17-10-2006, 02:12 PM   #34
Luchsen
Lurking Forever

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wanderer @ Oct 16 2006, 08:52 PM) [snapback]261595[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Well, I'm still there, locked inside the first stages of the game, in the desert with the flying fishes over the head of the character. I've never been able to use the code to obtain infinite lives. It seems there isn't a way to make it works: it seems that only the recent games could allow you to use tricks and codes.
[/b]
Which keyboard layout do you use?

[edit] Try first three +es (numpad) in one second, second three in two seconds, third three in one second. If it doesn't work try again several times or change your position. [/edit]
Old 04-07-2007, 02:21 AM   #35

What version do you guys think this game looks best on? I think this game looks best in DOS-but I can't get the cheats to work in DOSbox either <_<
I tried to get the C64 version through the link here, but I can't find where to download on that site...I don't trhink you can, I could be wrong

Old 04-07-2007, 02:02 PM   #36
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

You are not wrong. Both Lemon sites are generally not download sites for C64 or Amiga games (although there are a few C64 games that are offered for download).

The cheats for DOS don't seem to work at all (I guess they aren't the correct cheats - at least they don't work in this version), so you'll have to finish the game on your own - sorry.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 14-07-2007, 08:06 AM   #37
Sid2

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sebatianos @ Jul 4 2007, 06:02 PM) [snapback]297913[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
The cheats for DOS don't seem to work at all (I guess they aren't the correct cheats - at least they don't work in this version), so you'll have to finish the game on your own - sorry.
[/b]
The cheat definitely 100% works in DOSbox, but it's just extremely frustrating to get it to work.

One difficulty is that any extra push on the + key will reset the cheat so it has be a very precise combination of three quick taps on the + key, then three slow taps, then again three quick taps.

The + key on my numeric pad is longer than other keys, so a good technique I found was to move my finger up the length of the key with each tap, so that I was precisely tapping out three quick taps. Then I would wait for around 1 second before starting three taps with 1 second interval between each tap. Then again three quick taps after 1 second.

The main issue is the timing between the three slow taps. With each unsuccessful try, I suggest varying the timing the next time, & making it more slow or quicker.

The location where this is to be done is shown in Reverend Bizzare's post. You have to go into the right-most mirror as far as you can without actually going through.

If you get the cheat working, then make sure to NEVER press + in the room with the mirrors, or the cheat will again be reset. :wallbash:

If someone does't feel like bothering with trying to get the cheat to work, and just wants to see what happens in the rest of the game, then there is a video walkthrough on You-tube by Cubex55.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1rhvFW3Lbo
Sid2 is offline                         Send a private message to Sid2
Old 08-01-2008, 05:42 AM   #38
Shoot-em-upper

What am I supposed to do in the desert? Half the time I can't grab the fish, and when I can, I don't know how to do anything with them.
Shoot-em-upper is offline                         Send a private message to Shoot-em-upper
Old 12-04-2008, 10:26 PM   #39
Stinkin_Cheeze
Forum hobbit

I played this game, but keep dying after the bee level. The hopping dildos if that's the one
I'm surprised by the rating, I actually gave it a 5 for uniqueness
though it isn' t as adventurous as others
Stinkin_Cheeze is offline                         Send a private message to Stinkin_Cheeze
Old 12-04-2008, 10:27 PM   #40
Stinkin_Cheeze
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoot-em-upper View Post
What am I supposed to do in the desert? Half the time I can't grab the fish, and when I can, I don't know how to do anything with them.
It's been awhile, was it the right arrow key? Someone correct me--it was for hitting--I understand, I kept dying at the flowers and stuff because I didn't know how to hit
Stinkin_Cheeze is offline                         Send a private message to Stinkin_Cheeze