Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 13-08-2006, 12:12 PM   #31
whatshisface
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via AIM to whatshisface Send a message via Yahoo to whatshisface

hmm. Great sounds? loved the game and i didnt even know that. Problem is now that i cant get it to work. Help please?
whatshisface is offline                         Send a private message to whatshisface
Old 14-08-2006, 09:22 PM   #32
jesse

umm i am getting into this game..and it is really good..i think i remember a friend playing this A LONG LONG TIME ago..and its great..but...i keep getting far and after a battle EXPECIALLY out side.. a screen comes up asking me to define a symbol..4 CHOICES..and if you choose wrong...the game resets and goes back to dos box..I just want to know..are those symbols in the game..or do you need the ORIGINAL INSTRUCTION BOOK to find out the answer? it really sux and i want to finsih playing dammit.

THIS IS FROM MARK
Howdy. I'm trying to install Darklands and I'm using DocBox. I've followed the tutorial and have everything in place. When I run the install program, I note where the install files are and where they should go. Then the program asks me to insert floppy #1 in drive '*' and push Enter. I push enter and nothing happens. I have tried every alternative I can think of but I can't seem to figure this out. Please help, I'd love to play this game soon!

I got the same thing...but you see once you get to that part of the setup just exit out and you should go straight to dos box..and it will say set up complete. and the game is ready to play..

Old 17-08-2006, 12:10 AM   #33
aaron

i downloaded this but i can not figure how to install it or play it if there is some ideas let me know thank you

Old 18-08-2006, 09:50 PM   #34

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(aaron @ Aug 17 2006, 12:10 AM) [snapback]249062[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
i downloaded this but i can not figure how to install it or play it if there is some ideas let me know thank you
[/b]
Are you using an emulator? You should download DOSBox - this game needs DOS or a DOS emulator, it doesn't run on modern systems (in particular WinXP).

Old 18-08-2006, 09:56 PM   #35

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jesse @ Aug 14 2006, 09:22 PM) [snapback]248613[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
umm i am getting into this game..and it is really good..i think i remember a friend playing this A LONG LONG TIME ago..and its great..but...i keep getting far and after a battle EXPECIALLY out side.. a screen comes up asking me to define a symbol..4 CHOICES..and if you choose wrong...the game resets and goes back to dos box..I just want to know..are those symbols in the game..or do you need the ORIGINAL INSTRUCTION BOOK to find out the answer? it really sux and i want to finsih playing dammit.
[/b]
No problem, you do need the original instruction booklet, but it's available for download on Abandonia, just go to the Darklands page and the link will be on the "sidebar" on the left (next to the link to this forum).

The symbols are spread throughout the manual. You'll have to copy them all down to avaoid long delays every time the copy-protection question comes up - the good news is you only have to answer the question once or twice per group of adventurers you play with and then it leaves you alone for the rest of that game.

Old 19-08-2006, 07:52 PM   #36

The alchemical symbols are the bottom right-hand corner of different pages scattered between pp. 43 and 83, in alphabetical order.

Annoying, huh? :wallbash:

Old 22-08-2006, 06:06 AM   #37
Mr. Barman

So how did everyone set up their teams?

I generally have this:

1 - Fighter/Leader, focuses in Edge Weapons, Bow Weapons, and as much Speak Common as possible. Usually this guy is a career army guy, Recruit -> Soldier -> Veteran, or sometimes i go for a Knight for 10 years if i feel like i need the extra weapon skills and slighty better armour at the start

2 - Fighter/Divine, Focuses in Impact Weapons, Bow Weapons, Virtue, Woodwise, Religion, maybe some Speak Latin. This guy is usually a Monk for atleast 10 years, gets alot of Points and alot of good skills.

3 - Alchemist, Focuses in Pole Weapons, Throwing Weapons, Alchemy, Speak Latin, Healing. This person is usually older than the other characters cause i find its hard to train someone outside of the character creation screen

4 - Thief, Focuses in Edge Weapons, Throwing Weapons, Artifice, Street Wise, Stealth. A thief for most of his life until it starts to cause his Strength/Endurance to deteriorate.

And when it comes to Strength/Endurance, how many points do you guys give them? I always make sure my characters have atleast 40 of both and then spend the remaining points on one other attribute so that the team together has each one covered
Mr. Barman is offline                         Send a private message to Mr. Barman
Old 05-09-2006, 03:15 AM   #38
pandapung
Cool

Hi there,

Anyone can help me, please. Coz everytime I got a battle, the game suddenly freeze and there's nothing I can do. I did try to raise cycle up to 15000 or more, but somehow it just freeze and no response at all.

Second question to kon tiki. In what column and row I can edit the money value with Hex editor?

Thank You very much everyone

-regards-

Old 05-09-2006, 02:02 PM   #39
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Kon Tiki cannot answer your call, sorry.

To locate the offset where the money value is stored, I suggest you acquire a pretty hefty quota ingame (over 255, preferably also over 4096), use the Windows calculator to convert it into hexadecimal values, and use the Search function of your hexeditor to locate that value in the file.

The freeze problem may be a corruption issue. I reccomend you redownload the game or, if that fails, try to find a different copy.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 05-09-2006, 09:14 PM   #40
pearle

Wow!

I remember being addicted to this game in the early 90s. It sill have fond memories of it and I have been wishing for a sequel ever since I first played it.

I'll definitely download this and give it a go tonight to see if it lives up to my great memories.