Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 08-02-2006, 12:38 PM   #201
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Download DosBox.
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 10-02-2006, 02:07 AM   #202
BuckXN

The Hero's Quest (errr.. i mean quest for glory) games are indeed the best of the Quest games. I personally was a big fan af 2. I played all 5, and loved them all. 4 and 5 were a bit too buggy for my tastes. I am still mad that after playing all 5 games, i couldnt steal the REAL black bird due to the thief bug. But i digress, i just got the VGA version of QfG 1, and was wondering if you can still export your character at the end to play in the later games? I thought that was the bee's knees, and I am planning on playing thru them all. However if you cant export in the VGA, I'll just have to track down an EGA version.

Old 15-02-2006, 07:38 PM   #203
Alix

Quote:
Originally posted by dono@Dec 22 2005, 02:53 PM
Has any one seen a strange periscope/submarine thing in mirror lake (original quest for glory hero's quest 1)* Does anyone know what it is / or what to do with it?* Wierd???*

Please reply quick.* This has been eating at me for years.* hurry!!!
If you right click on it you get a promo for Sierra's game Codename Iceman (or something like that). It's been a while since I played the game, but I remember being confused for ages. It was such a keyboard based game that it took me forever to think to use the mouse to right-click and look at it.

I'm still rather flattered that my walkthrough and map are referenced here! I spent ages back in grade 9 and 10 writing that all up... and I'm glad some people are still using it. I imagine it's a bit confusing for people who have the VGA version, as at that point I'd only played the EGA. I should go through and try to edit for VGA stuff as well

Old 15-02-2006, 09:48 PM   #204
MV75
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by BuckXN@Feb 10 2006, 01:07 PM
The Hero's Quest (errr.. i mean quest for glory) games are indeed the best of the Quest games. I personally was a big fan af 2. I played all 5, and loved them all. 4 and 5 were a bit too buggy for my tastes. I am still mad that after playing all 5 games, i couldnt steal the REAL black bird due to the thief bug. But i digress, i just got the VGA version of QfG 1, and was wondering if you can still export your character at the end to play in the later games? I thought that was the bee's knees, and I am planning on playing thru them all. However if you cant export in the VGA, I'll just have to track down an EGA version.
Yes you can export your character properly from the VGA version.

I still prefer the EGA version though because combat is much better/responsive, (plus you don't have two interfaces to switch between in combat for hand to hand and spells), and if you run out of stamina in combat you won't automatically die like the VGA version does, you'll just start loosing health instead so you can combat longer. Also casting firebolt at enemies doesn't require you to use the aiming of the cursor, the EGA version will auto target enemies when you arn't in combat.

I never liked the spell casting system in the VGA point and click interface. You'd have to click the status bar, then click the spell menu, then click the spell, then click a target. Where as the SCI interface, you'd just type "cast firebolt" and press enter, and if you want to keep casting, just f3 (or space bar) and enter. And if you did have to target a spell, you could leave the cursor in one spot and just press return a second time to fire it off.

Finally, graphically I like the EGA versions better because you and basically any other animated character actually seem to belong in the scene and don't look like you've been plastered onto a pre-drawn background.
________
Vaporizer affiliate

Last edited by MV75; 05-05-2011 at 09:10 AM.
MV75 is offline                         Send a private message to MV75
Old 18-04-2006, 06:03 AM   #205

Quote:
Originally posted by Sebatianos@Jan 15 2006, 09:55 PM
It has been asked and you (or anybody else):
CAN NOT DOWNLOAD ESA PROTECTED GAMES
If we can't download it... this may be a stupid question... but how are we supose to get it then? Because I know they aren't selling QFG 1 VGA in the stores.

Old 18-04-2006, 06:24 AM   #206
Mr. Barman

The only reason i loved this game back when i was about 5 when it came out was the funky stable-cleaning music LOL
Mr. Barman is offline                         Send a private message to Mr. Barman
Old 24-04-2006, 10:43 AM   #207
Grand Dad
Game Wizzard

It's a great addictive series
Grand Dad is offline                         Send a private message to Grand Dad
Old 24-04-2006, 10:48 AM   #208
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Because I know they aren't selling QFG 1 VGA in the stores.
AFAIK, Vivendi is going to re-release a number of old Sierra titles, tweaked to include XP compatibility.
Just wait and see, this one might be among them.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 06-05-2006, 09:53 AM   #209
Grand Dad
Game Wizzard

:blink: I am afraid you'll have to wait a long, long time VUGames (Vivandi) have published a few new games but damn all to revive the QFG series or the other Sierra games
Grand Dad is offline                         Send a private message to Grand Dad
Old 06-05-2006, 01:16 PM   #210
natas
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Kosta@Aug 5 2004, 08:59 PM
Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review
I know this is an old review, but since the thread is still active, I'll comment as you asked for.

How the *dirty word* can you review games, nobody is able to download here?

And now my comment: Do all the nice Sierra adventures belong here? Since they are protected by *SA and still are released in collections from time to time, can we then call these games abandoned?

This is a question only, no suggestion.
natas is offline                         Send a private message to natas