Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

View Poll Results: Which is the best Sci Fi series?
Star Trek (The original series) 5 20.00%
V (miniseries) 2 8.00%
Babylon 5 1 4.00%
Star Trek TNG 11 44.00%
Farscape 3 12.00%
Stargate SG1 3 12.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-02-2004, 02:46 PM   #11
The Niles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Damn man Picard, you write really well! You should really write a review or two..

Thanks, I wrote two already but Kosta deemed one of the games to bad to put on the site. I can't blame him it was a stinker.

Right now I'm working on the review of Star Trek: 25th Anniversary. I hope to have that finished early next week.
The Niles is offline                         Send a private message to The Niles
Old 16-02-2004, 01:00 PM   #12
Jwh D'Ar

Farscape might be good, but far from TNG. :wink:
TNG is in a league of it's own and a quasi-sentimental Farscape review is not going to change that.
Sorry, but the number of fans the series has is argument enough.

Old 16-02-2004, 08:58 PM   #13
The Niles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
TNG is in a league of it's own
Now that is exactly my point. Star Trek in general and TNG in particular is all about exploration of the human hart while Farscape (and most other sci fi series) is about the exploration of space. Comparing the two is difficult if not impossible. Ranking one above the other can only be done when setting a bar from which to compare them. I choose sci fi as that bar. I stand by my opinion.
Saying that one series has more fans then the other proves only which series is more popular not which is the better one. The are quite a few more people who buy AC/DC albums then there are Beethoven fans. Still few people would argue about who the bigger musical genius was/is.
The Niles is offline                         Send a private message to The Niles
Old 16-02-2004, 10:02 PM   #14
muaddib
Forum hobbit

Send a message via ICQ to muaddib Send a message via MSN to muaddib

It has been some time since I watched it, but I like Stargate, I was never really interested in Star Trek, and all the other series are unknown to me. :P
Old 17-02-2004, 08:06 AM   #15
Anonymous

Quote:
Quote:
TNG is in a league of it's own
Now that is exactly my point. Star Trek in general and TNG in particular is all about exploration of the human hart while Farscape (and most other sci fi series) is about the exploration of space. Comparing the two is difficult if not impossible. Ranking one above the other can only be done when setting a bar from which to compare them. I choose sci fi as that bar. I stand by my opinion.
Saying that one series has more fans then the other proves only which series is more popular not which is the better one. The are quite a few more people who buy AC/DC albums then there are Beethoven fans. Still few people would argue about who the bigger musical genius was/is.
Actually, if a series is much more popular there's a good chance it's the better one. It's the vote of majority.
Talking from a sci-fi perspective, TNG is much more elaborated on technical stuff, has detailed history, lenguages, sistems, and IS about exploration.
Beethoven or AC/DC was a wrong argument. I'm not sure if AC/DC has more records sold, but try to imagine how many people will listen to them in 200 years. Beethoven will certainly have the same popularity and that proves my point. Some things become classics and Star Trek is one of them.

Old 17-02-2004, 08:09 AM   #16
Jwh D'Ar

Forgot to log in on the last post.

Old 07-03-2004, 11:47 AM   #17
Icemant90
Forum hobbit

Send a message via Yahoo to Icemant90

Don't ask me, I haven't heard of any of 'em .
Icemant90 is offline                         Send a private message to Icemant90
Old 09-04-2004, 08:42 PM   #18
LotharGR
Super Freak

It's a pity that Babylon 5 hasn't got any votes It deserves some, at least the first episodes where very good
LotharGR is offline                         Send a private message to LotharGR
Old 10-04-2004, 07:37 PM   #19
The Niles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Yeah Babylon 5 deserves a vote. It brought epic story telling to Sci Fi television and even though it never inspired many other series (Space: Above and Beyond and Farscape to some extend) it marks a watershed in Sci Fi history.
Old 12-04-2004, 08:47 PM   #20
LotharGR
Super Freak

A bit of info about Babylon 5... If i remember correctly in the first episodes at least the graphics were made by a Amiga 4000, or so i had heard at that time but i don't know if this is true
LotharGR is offline                         Send a private message to LotharGR