Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 24-10-2006, 07:37 AM   #31
#BlakhOle#
Game Wizzard

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gregor @ Oct 24 2006, 04:35 PM) [snapback]263213[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
yes i think Picard's Enterprise is much larger then the SG ships. Oh their shuttles seem lamer but they actually aren't. Unlike the SG vessels they have toperdoes (quantum or photon) and phased weapons which can sustain a long burts of fire while the ship is manouvering arround enemy. Notoe how both Ori and SG ship basically stand face to face witout much movements. It appears they need to be more or less steady during combat. Also Ori ship could fire only in the front. If Enterprise went fast towards it it could fly over it while shooting it continuously with phasers. once they would pass it they could fire a salvo of torpedoes (full spread) from rear tubes.

SG ship is not capable of doing that. in fact their rockets seem pathetic even against the Wraith ship. Photone torpedoes are much faster and much stronger then those.

ehm:

http://www.ditl.org/index.htm?daybody=/datarticle.php?5
[/b]
Yeah well... <_<

I feel the need to protect my favourite show anyway. You gotta remember the Odyssey is still only the 2nd generation Earth vessel, and second or third ship ever built, so whadda you expect? The Ori are descended from the ancients, the most technologically advanced race in the galaxy (was ), and have had alot of time to plan all this stuff. The fact that Earth vessels have the potential to defend themselves is pretty amazing I reckon. So fine, maybe kirk can fly around in his little saucer, but SG vessels have potential! :bleh:
#BlakhOle# is offline                         Send a private message to #BlakhOle#
Old 24-10-2006, 07:54 AM   #32
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

Well i just hope next time they go on Ori ship they will consider blowing up the generator first before exploring it. duh!!!

I like the SG fighter bay. i think fighters are important part of space dominance. how so? well they are small enough and if you have enough of them they are really hard to hit while they can inflict damage on enemy ship. but Odyssey really needs an upgrade on those rockets. they are using them as main offensive weapon yet it seems the railgun is actually much more effective (proved against the Wraith in one episode).

Also the assgards with superadvanced ships that even the Goauld fear didn't show any breathtaking weapons against Ori (maybe they are still hiding them or something).

A question remains why no pod jumpers from Atlantis were never transfered to earth. Their cloaking abiulity could prove usefull. Although Ori probably has some counter weapon.
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor
Old 24-10-2006, 08:39 AM   #33
#BlakhOle#
Game Wizzard

Wow we could open up a whole new thread on this. I've only seen up to about halfway through the ninth season, so I haven't seen any part of the Ori homeworld or ship, and very little of the Odyssey, therefore am a little vague on the details. Also the Asgard are dying, in case you didn't know, and are probably more interested in ensuring their future where cloning is concerned, rather than making new improved weaponry to fight and end up dying anyway.
I never really liked the puddle jumpers from atlantis. I dunno why, they just made the whole job so... clunky. Which isn't right because they're easy to manuever and, as you said, have the cloaking ability, but I just didn't warm to them for some reason. But I guess it is kind of wierd they haven't been sent over.
#BlakhOle# is offline                         Send a private message to #BlakhOle#
Old 24-10-2006, 01:24 PM   #34
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

true yet they have the drones!

Ori ship have strange construction. very powerfull (particle?!) beam and strong shields. they also dwarf the Goauld mothership. But so far i haven't see them demonstrate any rear gun capability.

I am currently waiting for S10E11 to come up, cause S10E10 is to be continued. can't wait for the people online to "share" the show with me.

Old 25-10-2006, 12:04 PM   #35
#BlakhOle#
Game Wizzard

I'll just be happy if channel 7 shows season 9 the whole way through this time. If they actually end up showing season 10 as well, they'll be up for a medal I reckon... <_<
Old 25-10-2006, 12:21 PM   #36
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

if you have broadband then torrent and sharing is what you are looking for.
Old 27-10-2006, 01:28 AM   #37
thebes
Game freak

Kirk ! of kourse.
Luke 7:23 And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me.
thebes is offline                         Send a private message to thebes
Old 27-10-2006, 04:14 AM   #38
U-Boat Commander David
Abandonia nerd

Yes! Finally! k:

U-Boat Commander David is offline                         Send a private message to U-Boat Commander David