Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 16-02-2011, 06:59 PM   #11
MightyMouser

I have an old issue of PC Gamer with some War Wind ads in it. Mostly of the cover, but for years I thought it looked pretty cool. All those minotaur looking things in a weird bizarre landscape looking really angry. Might give it a try in a few days.
MightyMouser is offline                         Send a private message to MightyMouser
Old 11-09-2011, 07:45 PM   #12
Ur_Vile_Wedge
Default Minor problem

Downloaded the game, (played it ages ago) and while it runs seemingly fine, I can't save. Escape opens up the menu, and things like return to main menu or quit work fine, but trying to get it to save or load just has it ignore me.

I seem to recall that this opened up some windows in the old game, and maybe that's causing a problem. Anyone know how to fix this?

Old 12-09-2011, 03:18 PM   #13
MrFlibble
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ur_Vile_Wedge View Post
I can't save. Escape opens up the menu, and things like return to main menu or quit work fine, but trying to get it to save or load just has it ignore me.
There's a possibility that the saved games folder (or the whole directory where the game is installed) is for some reason marked as read-only, and this prevents the saved games from being written to your HD.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:31 AM   #14
Idle Guest
Default So how bout multiplayer?

Does anyone play this multiplayer? I've played a couple of games locally with my siblings and it can get pretty crazy. It also can get a bit silly with all the sweet stealth options. I Had a scout sitting in a tree outside the enemy base and it was invisible, a worker came along and took the tree but never even noticed the dude. I didn't relize it until the game was half over that I had a soldier just sitting in the middle of enemy territory . I like playing as the "Bad Guys" in this game. They seem to have so much more character than the other races, although the nature lovers are fun to play as with their seer abilities.

I noticed there is some Multiplay program packaged with download, but I have no Idea how it works or if indeed it still does. Is there still a online community for this game or is it as unjustly dead as it looks?

Old 12-01-2013, 11:00 AM   #15
a little help

hey guys i cant seem to run this game i extract it and all i get is this message over and over
operation under windows nt is not supported. with option to continue i hit conintue only to get. unable to create primary surface error = 100 the game will be terimnated im currently running on windows 8 and so far have no means of installing or running this game any suggestions would greatly be apreciated seeing as this game is a massive part of my child hood

Old 12-01-2013, 02:06 PM   #16
dosraider
Dismembered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosraider View Post
Don't know if the game runs on a recent OS (it's against my religion to even try to run those ol'things on a modern PC....) but it runs fine in VPC/W98SE

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 05-02-2014, 04:24 AM   #17
Xanthor
Unhappy WW play with hamachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idle Guest View Post
Does anyone play this multiplayer? I've played a couple of games locally with my siblings and it can get pretty crazy. It also can get a bit silly with all the sweet stealth options. I Had a scout sitting in a tree outside the enemy base and it was invisible, a worker came along and took the tree but never even noticed the dude. I didn't relize it until the game was half over that I had a soldier just sitting in the middle of enemy territory . I like playing as the "Bad Guys" in this game. They seem to have so much more character than the other races, although the nature lovers are fun to play as with their seer abilities.

I noticed there is some Multiplay program packaged with download, but I have no Idea how it works or if indeed it still does. Is there still a online community for this game or is it as unjustly dead as it looks?
Someone know how to play WW multiplayer games with Hamachi?

Old 09-03-2015, 08:53 PM   #18
Groveman
Unhappy Canīt run warwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paco View Post
Indeed i didnt need to set it right to play it. i just unzipped it and started it right away to make screenshots...
I unzziped and dobucle click the shortcut and first askme for a cd and then telles me that tie screen donīt fit some criteria I donīt know what to do Iīm a lile bit computr iliterate.

BTw Iīm running a windows 7, I donīt know if that has something to do

Old 09-03-2015, 08:55 PM   #19
Groveman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boaan View Post
To anyone getting the No Disk error, go into the device manager and disable your floppy drive. Saw it on a different forum, credit goes to someone named Bruno. He also took it from another forum :P. The fix worked for me right away, it's worth giving it a shot especially if you don't even have a floppy drive.

how do I do that additional info: itīs a latop with windows7

Old 04-01-2016, 06:31 PM   #20
DasLicht
Default Me TOO :'/

Quote:
Originally Posted by a little help View Post
hey guys i cant seem to run this game i extract it and all i get is this message over and over
operation under windows nt is not supported. with option to continue i hit conintue only to get. unable to create primary surface error = 100 the game will be terimnated im currently running on windows 8 and so far have no means of installing or running this game any suggestions would greatly be apreciated seeing as this game is a massive part of my child hood
hey man, i also have the same error, the very same.. if i get to know how to solve it i'll post it (i'm on Win10)