Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Request Games > Rejected requests
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 27-12-2004, 04:10 PM   #11
BlackMageJawa
Game Wizzard

heh heh heh, I bought the Alpha Centauri Planetary Pack (with themain game and Alien Crossfire) from a charity shop.

For 50p!
BlackMageJawa is offline                         Send a private message to BlackMageJawa
Old 27-12-2004, 09:21 PM   #12
goblins
Game Wizzard

i emailed the company actually asking them where i coudl buy it - also asked if they didnt sell it in a availaable form or didnt offer to much support for it anymore would they look at realaising it as abandonware / freeware to the internet at general they have 2 games one a new one they are charging an arm and leg for and the other a war version. Therefore i assume it wouldnt take much to make it publicly available now to sort of lure players into the newer 1503 AD game - it is after all 6-7 since it was realised surley the revenues wouldnt be acceptible - i do note their other game hoilday island was made avaliable as abandonware (1997 i think) therefore it wouldnt take much.
goblins is offline                         Send a private message to goblins
Old 27-12-2004, 09:23 PM   #13
goblins
Game Wizzard

ok post edited where can i buy this game ? can anyone provide a link to an australian based distributor.

I emailed the company direct asking them to provide a distributor that is actively selling the game and or consider realising it as freeware if they choose to no longer sell it as of Jan 05 - awaiting response.
Old 27-12-2004, 09:26 PM   #14
Fawfulhasfury
Home Sweet Abandonia

We cannot give out links to warez. Please edit your post and do not ask for warez again. Sorry. Don't mean to sound harsh, but I'm afraid you'll have to buy the game. I have the game and it is worth the money. k:
Fawfulhasfury is offline                         Send a private message to Fawfulhasfury
Old 28-12-2004, 08:04 AM   #15
Omuletzu
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via MSN to Omuletzu Send a message via Yahoo to Omuletzu

Quote:
Originally posted by The Picard@Dec 27 2004, 01:15 PM
ANNO 1602 is a good game, a very good game. As such it is still being sold so we will not be putting it online. If you have some money you should all considder buying its sequel ANNO 1501.
That game doesn't deserve to be called sequel to 1602!
1602 - great!!
1503 - horrible!!
And by the way it most surely isn't abw!
Omuletzu is offline                         Send a private message to Omuletzu
Old 28-12-2004, 08:38 AM   #16
goblins
Game Wizzard

having not tried 1503 AD cant comment but surley if the company is pushing its newer products they did make hoiliday island freeware - ive emailed them asking them to conisder making it available (1602 AD that is ) as a full version download on their own website like their earlier titles. It could be used as a lure to get people to buy their newer games it was realised in 1998 thats 6 years ago surley there is no more money to be made from it, but they could get a larger user base by making it freeware.

Await their response now if i get one at all.
Old 28-12-2004, 11:16 AM   #17
Yamcha
Home Sweet Abandonia

I got 1503 on my mobile - damn its cool :w00t:
Old 28-12-2004, 12:16 PM   #18
The Niles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by goblins@Dec 28 2004, 09:38 AM
having not tried 1503 AD cant comment but surley if the company is pushing its newer products they did make hoiliday island freeware - ive emailed them asking them to conisder making it available (1602 AD that is ) as a full version download on their own website like their earlier titles. It could be used as a lure to get people to buy their newer games it was realised in 1998 thats 6 years ago surley there is no more money to be made from it, but they could get a larger user base by making it freeware.

Await their response now if i get one at all.
1602 is still sold by EA in their classics line. The sequal to 1503 is in the works at the moment. Let´s hope we can get 1602 as freeware advertising for the product in a year or so when that new games commes out.
Rabyd Rev -- 2 Timothy 2:15
The Niles is offline                         Send a private message to The Niles
Old 28-12-2004, 06:20 PM   #19
goblins
Game Wizzard

thanks picard i have emailed the company requesting that they consider 1602 AD as freeware to advertise their new titles. No response as yet dont expect one either.
Old 31-12-2004, 07:41 AM   #20
goblins
Game Wizzard

well i am still awaiting a response - i will send them 1 email a week until i get a response - guess they are on hoildays in europe though.

That said i found the thing on ebay and have purchased it so i couldnt wait but i will have the game in a few weeks so thats good.