Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 19-02-2007, 02:07 PM   #61
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
By the way: I've got the 28 MB CD-Rom version of the game.[/b]
Where did you get it from? We might be interested in a copy...

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 04-03-2007, 04:34 AM   #62
angrynonymous

Dark Seed is one of the most frustrating games I've ever played. I enjoyed a bunch of adventure games from the early-mid nineties, but this wasn't one of them. Around ten years ago, a friend and I were bent on completing the game because its specific order and time requirements had toyed with us enough. Too many trials and errors led us to a strategy guide for help. Well, one of the lines in the guide read something like, "touch the blah blah on the wall while wearing the gloves." Of course, you had to equip an item first, and Mike was already on his way to whatever was on the wall by the time I realized what the second half of the sentence said. After one of my most memorable video game deaths ever, we shoved the strategy guide in a drawer (I found it recently, actually; that stirred up some bad, old memories) and my CD never saw the light of day again. It was a creative idea for a game, and I'm sure many regard Dark Seed as a wonderful adventure, but my friend and I are not among them.

Old 04-03-2007, 04:58 AM   #63
Geezer
Abandonia Homie

I was playing the CD version on a DOS machine and the game crashed when the package was delivered to his door. If I remember correctly the doorbell rings and I go to the door and CRASH. I just gave up at that point.
"The gadfly has returned! Thou simpering, whining stable dropping. I have defeated thee repeatedly and still thou darest crawl back for more punishment. Chastise thee I shall. Thy stature is insignificant and thy name moronic. Brother to the vole! Offspring of money grubbing know nothings!" ... Spellcraft: Aspects of Valor
Geezer is offline                         Send a private message to Geezer
Old 27-03-2007, 03:47 PM   #64
Angryelk

FYI, Its my junk email address, to help provide help to you good people.
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Frodo @ May 23 2006, 12:38 AM) [snapback]231786[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Angryelk. I don't recommend you leave your email in a public forum. :-)

[/b]

Old 29-03-2007, 10:12 PM   #65
JProctor666
Lurker

Cool

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Oct 8 2006, 08:36 PM) [snapback]260179[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I got all sound (music, fx) to work but no dialogue is read. Any suggestions? Does this version not include the read dialogue?
[/b]
Yeah, the one that they have up on here is the non-talkie floppy version...I shelled out $5 to get the CD-Rom version at my local used game shop though I'm sure that it's also available on ebay and Amazon.com. The speech REALLY improves the gameplay...I burst out laughing when he said "That sure was some nightmare. It even left me with a MONSTER headache." :wallbash:! LOL
JProctor666 is offline                         Send a private message to JProctor666
Old 04-04-2007, 09:10 AM   #66

I tried out the directions at the end of page 4 except I am using Version .70 of Dosbox and the D-Fend frontend and it still gives me the snowy screen after the opening moves runs perfectly with sound and everything. I'm using the DS.BAT file with /m as an extension so can choose to use the mouse at the beginning. Anyone have any suggestions?

Old 13-06-2007, 07:52 PM   #67

Hey, I'm having a really hard time getting this game to work. It shows the beginning animation, in which the alien is put in the guy's head. The screen goes black. This is with the START.EXE file; The batch file, DS.BAT, doesn't work. I have sound when I use DOSBox, but I still can't get the game to work.

I fixed the Drive letter under CDLETTER, but still can't get passed the screen. The SAV files don't have any Archiving or Read-Only features enabled either! What am I doing wrong?

Old 13-06-2007, 11:59 PM   #68
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

'doesnt work'? maybe its just the error message mentioned in readme?

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkseed_info.txt

Dark Seed
1992 Cyberdreams
Version 1.5

Run DS.BAT to start the game.
Ignore the error message after intro movie, just press spacebar.

The game works in Windows XP and possibly other windows versions
with sounds using freely available DOSBox version 0.63 at
http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/
btw just the pure game without intro is tos.exe
and if you want to run the setup again its ds.bat /m
Old 18-06-2007, 01:24 PM   #69
Analisa

I just can't get the gun in the wall after getting out of jail. Please help me. The guard keeps telling me " nice gun... " and I can't pick it up.

PLEASE HELP thanks

Old 22-06-2007, 09:55 PM   #70
Komandante Krull

Hi, sorry my speech if i do strange things with it.

Ive made run this game in Windows XP without problems (using VDMS sound, configuring for sound blaster and mouse) but i cant see the intro movie. The game starts with that man going out of bed.

What could i do to see the intro? Maybe, if i cant see the intro, i cant see the other cinematics of the game. And that is not good at all. Anyone with the same problem?

Thx to all, amigos.

Komandante Krull