they better make a port soon
Old 30-05-2010, 03:09 PM   #13
hunvagy
Thread Necromancer

Send a message via MSN to hunvagy

Quote:
Originally Posted by _r.u.s.s. View Post
they better make a port soon
Well, Rockstar has been majorly fscking up PC ports lately. Bully Scholarship Edition and GTA4 are a laugh, they were so friggin lazy with them I rather wait half a year and get a real PC version, then some lousy X360 port to the PC. Like SF4, where the controller settings can only be mapped to the X360 controls. Thank you Capcom, much use it is to me with another gamepad :S
Old 30-05-2010, 03:27 PM   #14
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

Rockstar seems to be focusing on the console market, more then likely there will be a port of the game, and more then likely it will the Xbox 360 verison that is ported. I think the mapping of the buttons will be their biggest problem, controllers limit the amount of buttons, they are also in very good postions for what is required from them. The keyboard has alot more buttons but its harder to press more then one button at once. I.e Aiming is L2 (on the PS3) you press R2 to fire, while riding a horse you are also holding/pressing X to keep the horse at speed or go faster and then you might also be going for Dead Aim on R3. Thats four buttons that need to be pressed all at the same time. I am sure they can work out ways for it to work, but the console has an advantage with these kind of games.

I am not saying computers are bad or anything like that, just that any port will take time for it to be released, and more then likely it will not be as good as the console versions.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 30-05-2010, 04:27 PM   #15
Kugerfang
_r.u.s.s. changed it :'(

The GTA4 port for PC sucks. No anti-aliasing and it consumes WAY too much PC power. I've got a quad core (intel q9550) running at 2.8ghz, an Nvidia GTS 250, 4 gigs of RAM and it was always 20 fps or lower. A shame, since pretty much all the GTAs were better on the PC.

-Terry Pratchett
Kugerfang is offline                         Send a private message to Kugerfang
Old 30-05-2010, 05:11 PM   #16
hunvagy
Thread Necromancer

Send a message via MSN to hunvagy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthHelmet86 View Post
Rockstar seems to be focusing on the console market, more then likely there will be a port of the game, and more then likely it will the Xbox 360 verison that is ported. I think the mapping of the buttons will be their biggest problem, controllers limit the amount of buttons, they are also in very good postions for what is required from them. The keyboard has alot more buttons but its harder to press more then one button at once. I.e Aiming is L2 (on the PS3) you press R2 to fire, while riding a horse you are also holding/pressing X to keep the horse at speed or go faster and then you might also be going for Dead Aim on R3. Thats four buttons that need to be pressed all at the same time. I am sure they can work out ways for it to work, but the console has an advantage with these kind of games.

I am not saying computers are bad or anything like that, just that any port will take time for it to be released, and more then likely it will not be as good as the console versions.
Actually I played Red Dead Revolver on the PS2, and I was screaming for a mouse to aim with after like 5 minutes. Same goes for the auto aim in GTA:SA. Though the planes and helicopters were obviously designed for analog pads, the aiming is pure crap with the analog stick
Old 31-05-2010, 02:27 AM   #17
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

That I can't disagree with, but the new aiming system is kinda different. Red Dead Redemption's aiming will be easy to translate, there is an auto lock-on but only when you tap the aim button when the aiming dot is close to a target (depending on the skill level it is set at is how close it has to be). GTA4 had a system that was always auto lock-on, unless you only half held down the trigger it was set to. The older games lock-on systems were always flawed, the newer ones work alot better.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 31-05-2010, 09:53 PM   #18
Fubb
GreatCanadianMan

bought the game and love it so far, havn't played the online though, but will try it tonight

DUN duuuunnnn dudududududun SPLOOSH duuunnnnn

We ate the horse.
Fubb is offline                         Send a private message to Fubb
Old 27-06-2010, 06:40 PM   #19
deaddonkey

I've been wanting to get Red Dead Redemption for a while now. I haven't played it but I do have a birthday coming up so hopefully I'll be able to get a copy for my birthday.
deaddonkey is offline                         Send a private message to deaddonkey
Old 27-06-2010, 06:42 PM   #20
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

how come nobody posted this vid yet