Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 13-03-2005, 03:23 AM   #21
Jim6

I'm absolutely amazed by this website - it's a near-perfect collection of games!

A note on "Daughter of Serpents" though; it's heavily Lovecraft-inspired, something that should be mentioned in the review. Also, the game is incredibly linear - there are ~6 paths through the game, but you are stuck on one of them from the start (if you pick a character, you have one, and it randomly picks one for a created character) Other than that, the game is quite short - I'd personally tone down the review a bit, and link it to "Shadow of the Comet", which is a far better effort in the same vein.

Old 13-03-2005, 04:14 AM   #22
wendymaree
Home Sweet Abandonia

Hi, Jim6. Thanks for the advice on the review and compliment for the site You really seem to know your DOS games. Why don't you register and review some for us? We'd love to have you onboard

Edit:
I see in another part of the site you have registered. Welcome! I've now linked the game to Shadow Of The Comet.
wendymaree is offline                         Send a private message to wendymaree
Old 19-03-2005, 08:45 PM   #23
The Hero

i still cant get it to work
:help:
The Hero is offline                         Send a private message to The Hero
Old 11-04-2005, 11:26 AM   #24
Lil One

Hey there, just discovered this game, and it looks like fun. Mystery a la Lovecraft in the 1920's Egypt, niiice! :w00t:

Anyway, how to read that letter (took me a couple of tries) :blink: :

Pick it up, and either from your inventory (reaching it by going to the lower right hand screen and left-clicking) or from the "game screen", just move it down to the lower left hand corner and left-click.

And there you go! k:
Lil One is offline                         Send a private message to Lil One
Old 15-04-2005, 01:35 PM   #25

My computer for some strange reason won't let me even create a character! Why?

Old 25-04-2005, 12:01 PM   #26

I noticed you have to run the program called run.com in order to get the chance to create a character. Otherwise it will simply dump you into the game with some default character. :blink:

If you use run.com you will also see the introduction.

Old 07-05-2005, 04:37 AM   #27
FFX2player
Smile

:help: This may be a SPOILER, so be forewarned

I get the pipe and the powder. I can not get the powder in the pipe. The lady gave me the pipe and the powder back, and I know what I have to do thanks to the walkthru, but I can't get it to work. E-mail me if wish, at **************@*******.***, though I'll check the board too.

!!!THANKS!!! k:

Old 22-05-2005, 12:28 PM   #28
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Hmm, is it just me or does the game always freeze when you do something stupid and get yourself killed?

Other than that it seems to be a very nice game, though. k:
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 23-05-2005, 11:16 AM   #29
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

OK, it is a nice game, but why does it have to be so incredibly short? What sort of adventure game can be finished in fifteen minutes? :blink:
Oh well, it was fun while it lasted, anyway...
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 21-06-2005, 10:11 AM   #30
Guest_DOSGameFan

I get a dialog loop problem at the point after you use the lens of Thoth or whever it's called. My character tells Ariadne about what happens, and she begins talking about an Efreet... and then my characters talks about Efreets...and then she talks about Efreets...and my chracters talks about Efreets...

Over and over and over. There is no option to select in the conversations themselves, and no way to end the cycle. I can't even select the save/load screen. What am I doing wrong??