Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 18-08-2006, 05:19 AM   #11

I bought this game about 16 years ago. Sadly, I never beat the game. I lost my cd, manual, and the only thing that's left is the original box. I just downloaded the game, but found out the install.exe file was missing. I need that file for configuring video mode and sound cards. I searched almost everywhere on internet but could not find the complete disk version which has install.exe

Old 31-01-2007, 04:24 PM   #12
lwc
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I just downloaded the game, but found out the install.exe file was missing.
If that's true, I seriously request you replace this site's version with The Underdogs'. As a bonus, their version also bypasses the copyright questions!

Anyway, I've taken this incomplete walkthrough I found online and turned it into a full scale walkthrough. Can some admin upload it?

Last edited by lwc; 19-06-2010 at 01:45 PM.
lwc is offline                         Send a private message to lwc
Old 01-02-2007, 11:02 AM   #13
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Contact one of the admins through PM to get their attention.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 13-02-2007, 11:37 PM   #14
lwc
Abandonia nerd

I've tried contacting "guesst" (who took care of my patch for Karateka), but he has gone AWOL. Please tell me who else to contact (or even do so yourself).
Old 14-02-2007, 03:38 PM   #15
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Reup is one such person.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 19-02-2007, 04:30 PM   #16
lwc
Abandonia nerd

Went AWOL too. Why don't you directly contact the admins you know?
Old 20-02-2007, 02:04 PM   #17
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Even being a member of the forum staff does not make it any easier for me to get in touch with them. I'd have to go through the same channels as you do. Besides, you never know when I might go AWOL either.

PS. Contacting one of the updaters (the people responsible for adding games up on the main page) can also work.

-- Reed Richards
Old 10-05-2007, 03:38 PM   #18
philip

[size=1]<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(philip @ May 10 2007, 03:36 PM) [snapback]289841[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Todbog @ Sep 2 2005, 05:18 AM) [snapback]150451[/snapback]
Quote:
This game is not apart of the World of Ultima series. The other part of that series is actually The Savage Empire. An interesting experiment, but Bad Blood is something else entirely.

This game was intriguing as it goes because it did not have a map to navigate with. I couldn't get very far in the game but I remember my time with the game taught me a bit if its geography and you learn bits about the world through the trial and error. At the time, I thought it made a strange kind of sense as a post apocalyptic world would not exactly be well mapped, but now I can see it was probably laziness on the developer's part. :bleh:

The one part I did really enjoy was the ability to play a mutant. I really think there is some real possibilities with that angle, even if your power seems to grow a tree from your noggin.
[/b]
[/b][/quote]
Have you finished the game?

Old 15-05-2007, 02:01 PM   #19
lwc
Abandonia nerd

Why the double post? Anyway, personally I've finished this game multiple times - feel free to use my walkthrough (yes, it became official! Hooray!) if you want to do the same.

Be sure to also have the actual manual file with the map or like Todbog, you won't get far. My walkthrough contains GPS coordinates, that can be used once you find the satscan. But you still need the manual's map as sadly it's not embedded in the game. It's like the real life situation when you buy a GPS device without installing a map software - you can see where you are by coordinates, but that's it. But keep in mind that I suppose in a post nuclear world, it's more logical to find an old GPS device (that just needs a working satellite) than an updated map software (that needs a human operated business).

Last edited by lwc; 19-06-2010 at 01:52 PM.
Old 08-02-2008, 04:20 PM   #20
Innawerkz
Lurker

Odd rating for one of my childhood favourite games when a game like this gets 5 stars.

This was one of the first I looked up after finding this site... right after Ultima Underworld. Sure it doesn't have combat depth, but it was a good time storming the Slavers hideout with a 'nades & a Vibrablade, fighting in the games, hunting the Urse, wandering the 'mountains' forever trying to find the Oracle, haha. Good times.

Definitely recommend you play this with a piece of paper next to you and document EVERY landmark you can once you have the GPS. Especially bridges. Will be trying this game again with the Walkthrough. See how much I missed the first few times through.
Innawerkz is offline                         Send a private message to Innawerkz