Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 26-01-2019, 10:52 PM   #21
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystvan View Post

I will make some corrections or updates to what you wrote about me. Yes, I do not want to retry several times in the game.

I am a Collector in the case of PC games. Regarding Console games such as PS3 and PS4, I am an occasional Player in which I can play alone and / or in pairs with my brother. In that case, I still play games for PS3 and PS4, but I am Collector in PC games.

Now, regarding what you wrote about using Cheats in games... I understand your point of view. Yes, that would be a thought or mentality of a Purist Player: orthodox, dogmatic and without using any Cheats. Well, it is a very personal choice, option. And there are many Players who certainly share this “philosophy” of Purist Gamer...

On the other hand, there are also Casual Gamers who are not willing to waste a lot of time with some game features (or phases): heterodox, pragmatic, practical and can use any kind of Cheats. As there is demand for this type of Player, / Gamer there are Companies and Programmers who are willing to develop the Tools of Cheats.

There are Players who are attracted not by the gameplay, but by the story, side quests, etc. and not necessarily by the action scenes, challenges, difficulties, etc...

In relation to the Castle, I also understand your point of view, but there are less Purist opinions...

Examples:

• There are very comfortable European Castles, true hotels, where the Past coexists harmoniously with Technology with all Comfort and Luxury;
• There are Luxury Lodges in African Safaris where there are Nature, Animals, Luxury and Comfort. Nothing of Bonfire, the hard floor as Bed and nor the stone like Pillow;
• There are Native American Tents where Traditions, Luxury and Comfort coexist;
• The Purist Motorsport Fans should dislike BMW with front-wheel drive;
• The Purist Motorsport Fans must dislike Super Sports Cars like Tesla in which there are none of the powerful Engine Noise. All for the sake of Nature...

The above examples may sound pure heresy to the Purists... However, Companies and People are being pragmatic and taking advantage of opportunities in the Market for Goods and Services... Business is Business. $$$$$

All this occurs because there are many diversity of tastes, opinions, choices so that there is Supply of Goods and Services for the respective Demand for Goods and Services. This is the Economic and Productive reality of our World... Business is Business. $$$$$

Money Rules the World! $$$$$

Well, it is just my personal opinion...
I will give more examples of how things evolve in an “unexpected” way of their purpose or origin:

• Beirut - a type of Sandwich created by Syrian-Lebanese immigrants here in Brazil. There is the version in which the Pork (Ham!) - a real sacrilege for the Arabs!
• Curry, a delicacy of Indian Cuisine origin, in which there are versions with Beef Pieces - a true sacrilege for Hinduism followers! I’ve tasted an “authentic” Indian Curry;
• Esfiha, a delicacy of Arabic origin, in which there are versions of Sweet Esfihas and what is incredible, a Salty Esfiha with Pork (Calabresa) - a true sacrilege for the Arabs! I have tasted an “authentic” Arab Esfiha;
• Hamburger, German-origin and popularized Cuisine by the Americans, with versions of Hamburger with Vegetable “Meat” - an affront to the Meat-loving Purists;
• Hot Dog, a German-origin and popularized Cuisine by the Americans, in which there are versions of Hot Dog with Vegetable “Sausage”, Peru Sausage, Chicken Sausage - an affront to the Meat-loving Purists. I have tasted an “authentic” American Hot Dog;
• Panettone, a delicacy of Italian Cuisine origin, in which there are versions of Salty Panettone (!!!) with Stuffed Meat or Cheese and Stuffed Panettone with Truffle - true affronts for the Lovers of Traditions of Italian Cuisine;
• Pizza, an Italian Culinary Delicacy, in which there are versions of Sweet Pizza without Tomato Sauce, Vegetarian Pizza with Vegetable “Cheese” without the Dairy Cheese - true affronts for the Lovers of Traditions of Italian Cuisine. I have tasted an “authentic” Italian Pizza;
• Meat Skewers in which there are versions of Vegetable “Meat” Skewers (Soy, Gluten, etc.) - an affront to the Purist-lovers of Meat;
Non-Original Modifications of Super Sports Cars for a variety of purposes;
Non-Original Modifications of Game Characters such as Mods;
Paralympic Games;
• Etc.

I will give my personal opinion that many Members may disagree with me. I believe that Modifications may be “Legitimate”, “Harmless” as long as they do not harm Others such as Developers (Piracy, Counterfeits, etc.), Opponents in Online Games (Competitions, Tournaments, etc.), Sports Competitions and other Modalities. Equal conditions are required for all in these cases without exception so that there are no inequalities and injustices.

However, if the purpose of such “Undue”, “Non-Original” Modifications are not offensive, harmful, etc. to Others, for example, the use of Cheats by a Player is against the Computer and not against an Opponent Gamer, I do not see any problem in this case. The purpose of this would be merely personal fun without further negative consequences for Others. It would be something “Amoral” and not “Immoral”.

I apologize if I am rambling or philosophizing too much on this subject. And, please, I have no intention of offending anyone with my arguments from this and the previous post. Thank you!
Old 29-01-2019, 12:51 PM   #22
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Quote:
Now, regarding what you wrote about using Cheats in games... I understand your point of view. Yes, that would be a thought or mentality of a Purist Player: orthodox, dogmatic and without using any Cheats. Well, it is a very personal choice, option. And there are many Players who certainly share this “philosophy” of Purist Gamer...
Did I say anything about "purism" or "right" way to play? Come on, stop demonizing me.

As I said, there are some badly thought out games (very often in 80s, actually) when it's hardcore for sake of hardcore. Like aforementioned Dizzy, where you supposed to solve tons of puzzles having one-five lives. _I_ see no any incentive to have such limited lives, so I see nothing against hacking such game.

Or, say, Arcanoid game, where your progress is limited with balls.

Another sort of cheat is adventure game with walkthru. Where you are completely lost, if you cannot solve certain puzzle. I see nothing bad to circumvent it.

But I am speaking about games _built_ around some sort of gameplay. Like, killing monsters in Doom, building characters in X-Com, or gaining experience in Elite. Game is _built_ over this gameplay, and skipping it you essentially skip the game. So my question is - why? I am emphase it: not statement "you do wrong", but question "why do you do it?" I am simply curious.
Old 30-01-2019, 07:54 PM   #23
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre View Post

Did I say anything about "purism" or "right" way to play? Come on, stop demonizing me.

As I said, there are some badly thought out games (very often in 80s, actually) when it's hardcore for sake of hardcore. Like aforementioned Dizzy, where you supposed to solve tons of puzzles having one-five lives. _I_ see no any incentive to have such limited lives, so I see nothing against hacking such game.

Or, say, Arcanoid game, where your progress is limited with balls.

Another sort of cheat is adventure game with walkthru. Where you are completely lost, if you cannot solve certain puzzle. I see nothing bad to circumvent it.

But I am speaking about games _built_ around some sort of gameplay. Like, killing monsters in Doom, building characters in X-Com, or gaining experience in Elite. Game is _built_ over this gameplay, and skipping it you essentially skip the game. So my question is - why? I am emphase it: not statement "you do wrong", but question "why do you do it?" I am simply curious.
Well, I know that.

That is why I mentioned Players / Gamers in Plural. I did not want to demonize you... It is because I am very sensitive on this matter... And I feel like a lot of Gamers / Players see it as something reprehensible.... Well, at least that would be my impression... Perhaps I may be completely mistaken... After all, I do not research the opinion (poll) of Gamers / Players about using Cheats...

I can express my reasons and also other reasons why many Gamers / Players have used Cheats (at least from my point of view):

• Doing something repetitive such as raising your Character Level or Skills can be very boring! I like to do Aerobic Physical Exercises (Running, Jogging, Spinning), because they relax me and cause euphoria or happiness. On the other hand, Anaerobic Physical Exercises seem so boring... *yawn* Johnny Bravo!?
• Unfortunately, many adult people do not have a lot of free time to play games. And while playing games in the rare moments of their free time to do something repetitive such as raising their Character Level and / or Skills would be very discouraging, right? Imagine me practicing Physical Exercise at the Gym (Fitness Club) without TV, Music! The Environment would be certainly very barren, arid and dull there!
• Perhaps many adult people may be interested only in one or more Aspects of the game, but not necessarily the Whole game. I like Story, Characters, Music, Moments of Action, Cut-Scenes, etc., but I dislike Scenes of Pursuit, Escape, Driving Vehicles, Scenes in which there is “Timer”, etc. in which any mistake could ruin everything! Retry? I can enjoy just Part of a Movie and skip some Scenes, right?
• I personally just want to have fun, without too many Complications, Stress, Adrenaline when I want to play games during my Moments of Recreation. Complications, Stress, Adrenaline, etc., all those I leave them to real life in our Daily Responsibilities as People, Employees, Family, Citizens, etc. Now, playing games during the Moments of Leisure, I want to be really free without any complications. After all, our life as an adult is already complicated. Why bring more complications in our Recreation Moments? I leave it to the Professional Gamers (there are many on YouTube and Tournaments!) who live and make money playing games, but that is certainly not for me.
• Etc.
Old 31-01-2019, 04:30 PM   #24
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Red face

My Previous Post

I was thinking and analyzing my own behavior (analytical self-criticism).

My Personal Reasons
Old 31-01-2019, 06:10 PM   #25
Capo
Unconventional member

Quote:
• Doing something repetitive such as raising your Character Level or Skills can be very boring!
Then dont play the Goddamn game

Capo is offline                         Send a private message to Capo
Old 01-02-2019, 12:49 PM   #26
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Quote:
I was thinking and analyzing my own behavior (analytical self-criticism).
My Personal Reasons

Personal continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capo View Post
This is exactly my thoughts. So I tried to get answer "why". Let's name it "semi-successful".
Old 01-02-2019, 04:58 PM   #27
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capo View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre View Post

My Personal Reasons

Personal continues

This is exactly my thoughts. So I tried to get answer "why". Let's name it "semi-successful".
Phew, now I am far less busy than before so that I can breathe quietly. *Phew* *Whew*

OK. Opinions and divergent viewpoints registered. On the other hand, my opinion and the other users of Cheats (Walkthroughs, Trainers, Savegame Editors, Cheat Codes, etc.) probably are the same.

Although our opinions are irreconcilable and antagonistic, I will respect yours. And my adopted stance will remain so before, now, and after. So my opinion was, is and will be the same as before.