Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 25-02-2005, 12:08 PM   #211
Lizard
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by Guest@Feb 24 2005, 10:47 PM
well all seems fine except when i take out pictures on geoscape mode. the earth is ok, but the space get´s green and such...do I need to change any special seetings before starting using it?
Actually it work flawlessly here. :blink: Althougth I didnt took pictures of geospace mode in Ufo... LOL Advice:In Dosbox you can take pictures with ctrl plus F5.Try it with this...
Lizard is offline                         Send a private message to Lizard
Old 25-02-2005, 05:33 PM   #212
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

Well thank your lucky cans of soup this one isn't as hard as TfTD!

Phhew I must look like a total n00b, but I just completed this game for the first time! Woohoo!

Unlucky, you alien suckers, I just kissed your Cydonian arses goodbye! WOOOOO!

Sorry... ummm....

Tip for the day : Get plasma cannons... yeah... inspiring advice once again from the man himself, PrejudiceSucks.

You may cheer now.
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 25-02-2005, 08:21 PM   #213
Lizard
Abandonia Homie

Actually I saw that there is Ufo music download on this site.Has anybody tried it?It is worth?(always played Ufo without music...)
Old 26-02-2005, 08:36 AM   #214
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

I have the HOTU version (with music) as well as the Abandonia version without. It doesn't really add very much and is used mainly for the dogfights in the air, but is also used in the Geoscape (again, it doesn't add much) and some of the missions.

It's not an essential download, but it is quite good just to 'brighten up' the game.
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 26-02-2005, 09:54 PM   #215
zombie

i downloaded the file. i click on it. winZip say its a screensaver!!! aaaaaaahhrg!! :eeeeeh: :ranting: :ranting: :angry: :angry: :angry: *angry!!* please help!
zombie is offline                         Send a private message to zombie
Old 27-02-2005, 10:03 AM   #216
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

Hmm... if you're using XP then I suggest you download Winzip and try again, otherwise, I have no idea.

Just extract all of the stuff to a folder on your hard drive and see what happens.
Old 27-02-2005, 10:10 PM   #217
Jman4117
Game freak

Quote:
Originally posted by Guest@Feb 24 2005, 04:04 PM
hey there.

I have an question, how do I take screenshots (in battle to more precise) while using the windows version? Everytime I hit Print Screen, and paste the image on Paint the screen is all f*cked up.
Is there any software that can help me?
F12 in Windows gives you a .tga file
Jman4117 is offline                         Send a private message to Jman4117
Old 28-02-2005, 04:42 AM   #218
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

Yeah, that and the Hypersnap DX method. Try both! Enjoy capturing screens... or something. Yes...

X-Com tip for the day (number 1) : On the last hour of every month, transfer all of your scientists and technicians - you won't pay them a penny whilst they're in transit!
Old 28-02-2005, 06:07 PM   #219
Lizard
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by PrejudiceSucks@Feb 28 2005, 06:42 AM
Yeah, that and the Hypersnap DX method. Try both! Enjoy capturing screens... or something. Yes...

X-Com tip for the day (number 1) : On the last hour of every month, transfer all of your scientists and technicians - you won't pay them a penny whilst they're in transit!
Work it also in Terror from the Deep?I started to play it again...But I guess I am in bad topic.... :whistle:
Old 28-02-2005, 07:05 PM   #220
soldier1024

Hi!

I also played with this awesome game years ago, and installed it last month again. This game is really a hard one, even after so many years The first time I could only finish it (an old dos version of the game) by hexaediting my saved game which resulted extra 400 million dollars. With the help of this, everything went smoother

I couldnt read all the 36 pages of comments but i'd like to advise you something:

Create a wiki-forum for ufo1! Everyone can make additions, or modify incorrect statements in it.

Some of you have a very high knowledge in the game, dont let these hints go away, or dissapear in forums! I also wrote a complete game-guide about ufo1 in a booklet about 10 years ago (ehh, how old am i ) it was about 30 pages (and it wasnt even complete) but i borrowed it to someone i forgot.
I havent ever seen the original manual of the game, but as a base of the WIKI it would be perfect. Only additions and corrections should be written to it.

For example: -mentioning that xcomutil (i've never heard about it)
-to warn users about crashing at landing missions (it happened with me manly at terror sites) OR one can use the DOS-version in pure DOS environment (no windows, see it later)
-i never knew, why can i see the picture of the ufo during aircraft-attack?
-why do fundings change, as they do? i havent seen any ufo in europe, but at the end of the month european countries decrease the money. Is it possible i didnt detect ufos in front of my base in europe? (building more short/long radar would detect more ufos? both type of radars are required?)
-when and why do they do base-attacks?
-and maybe the most important: what kind of versions are available. Since i wasnt able to extract version-number from the executable, i dont know the one i owned is the latest (bug fixes), and now there is even a windows version (which bugs still exist in it)
-and these interesting facts, as: difficulty level doesnt change anything etc.

These are some of my questions, which could be a godd additions to that community site.

Bye!

Ps. i found this one: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-Com but thats just a joke. Even my old gameguide was 10 times longer, than this.
ps2: sorry for my poor english, i am a fun from hungary