Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 22-12-2010, 04:22 PM   #211
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

UNTITLED/SYND/C/SYND/Save might be what you are looking for.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 22-12-2010, 04:57 PM   #212
Unregistered12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthHelmet86 View Post
UNTITLED/SYND/C/SYND/Save might be what you are looking for.
Cheers, I tried that though, forgot to mention that

Old 22-12-2010, 06:08 PM   #213
dosraider
Dismembered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered12 View Post
Hi, I am having a version of the old 'not saving' problem - I'm running the game from dosbox on a mac. Syndicate works fine but its the American Revolt version that isn't saving.

I've seen people saying you need a folder called SYND/SAVE in your root folder regardless of where the game is, but had no luck with that.

The package I downloaded (which I placed in UNTITLED/SYND - 'UNTITLED' being the drive) has a directory called 'C', which contains 'SYND', which in turn contains 'main.exe' and all those.

so the path of 'SAVE' is UNTITLED/SYND/SAVE
the game is UNTITLED/SYND/C/SYND/main.exe

any ideas?
If you want an answer to solve your problem you should tell us how you mount your virtual C in dosbox.
Your exact mount line and inputs to launch the game would be helpful.

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 22-12-2010, 08:29 PM   #214
Unregistered12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosraider View Post
If you want an answer to solve your problem you should tell us how you mount your virtual C in dosbox.
Your exact mount line and inputs to launch the game would be helpful.
I know nothing about mounting virtual drives in dosbox, sorry - I've never had to do it. I'm using Boxer if that's any help to you - I just installed it and it created a "DOS Games" folder to put your games in. I moved Syndicate from this default location to try and fix the issue - it still runs but doesn't save.

To run the game I click on main.exe from finder (on the path UNTITLED/SYND/C/SYND). I've tried dos4gw.exe but this crashes.

Old 22-12-2010, 09:25 PM   #215
dosraider
Dismembered.

That's a perfect example why you should use dosbox as it was meant tto be used, to know from the C prompt, and not with a frontend.
The frontend mounts are unpredictable.
As far as I can see in your first post the dosboxpath to your save folder could be:
c:\synd\c\synd\save\
or:
c:\c\synd\save\
or:
c:\synd\save\
or even:
c:\save\
It all depends how boxer mounts the virtual C, I have no idea about that.

Things you must understand:
Your dosbox path isn't UNTITLED/SYND/C/SYND/ but one level higher then the mount of your virtual C.

Examples:
if boxer uses
mount c UNTITLED/SYND/
your dosbox path for the save folder is:
c:\c\synd\save\

if boxer uses
mount c UNTITLED/SYND/C/
your dosbox path for the save folder is:
c:\synd\save\

etcetera etcetera.
Try things out till you find the right one I would say, or learn to use dosbox without frontend.

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*

Last edited by dosraider; 22-12-2010 at 10:11 PM. Reason: pfrtttttttttttttttttttttttt
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 08-05-2011, 11:28 PM   #216
lonewolf1045

Lucky for me I have two DOS 6.2 machines still available so I can enjoy this game without altering the OS. I still have the floppies and CDs to all of the Syndicate games. I didn't care for Syndicate wars too much.
lonewolf1045 is offline                         Send a private message to lonewolf1045
Old 14-09-2011, 03:44 PM   #217
brianjn

hi guys just downladed this game had it for the amiga 1200 when i was like 5 and bought the syndicate pluse box ages ago and cant find it now anyway turns out i cant seem to save when i have the game in the d: drive
and it runs if i type

mount d: d:syndicate
d:
cd syndicat
main

D:\syndicate\SYNDICAT is the directory

i have put a SYND\SAVE in every file any ideas thanks
brianjn is offline                         Send a private message to brianjn
Old 14-09-2011, 09:59 PM   #218
brianjn

Oh and could some one do me a favour if possable print screen the main file so i can see what it looks like with you no worrys if it cant be done
brianjn is offline                         Send a private message to brianjn
Old 26-11-2011, 08:34 PM   #219
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

This game is so much of a failure. It had so much potential, but it really ends up every level a bunch of enemy (= all the enemy on the map) with extremly low range (shotgun) but with extremly fast legs (V3 legs on the first mission???) running towards you.

The minimap is terrible too, as well as the tax/research options. I could figure out that 30% will make a country very happy, while 40% makes them rebelling.

Actually if you ike the idea of this game, just go and play Abomination: The Nemesis Project, that's my opinion.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:51 AM   #220
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Is this a typical Bullfrog-game? It constantly crashes, not allows saves between missions, nowhere is described properly how the equipment works, and all missions are basically the same: survive the instantly arriving first wave and win, or be destroyed.

The AI-controll not also either. Fights are basiacally done by activating the "fighting mode", and then everything is made automatically.

The vehicle-system sucks (especially that no armor the vehicles have), and I have objections against certain missions.